FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Source : Fiinpro
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
- The Ministry of Transport has proposed to the Government to resume regular international flights on 9 routes from December 15.The Ministry of Transport proposed to allow 4 flights/week/way from 15 Dec for the 1 phase. The total number of visitors to Vietnam is expected to be about 14,000 people per week. 2nd phase will start from Jan 2022 with 7 flights/week/way with expectation of 40,000 people per week.
- Many countries recognize Vietnam’s vaccine passport
- Foreign Ministry noted on December 9 that many countries such as the United States, Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia and Belarus have recognized Vietnam’s vaccine passport, while India and Canada have agreed in principle.
- A number of other partners, including other countries in Southeast Asia, the European Union, China, and the Republic of Korea are considering and waiting for the Vietnamese side to issue and introduce its vaccine passport and electronic authentication mechanism.
- As of December 8, Vietnam is temporarily recognizing vaccination certificates of 78 countries.
- Environmental protection tax on jet fuel of VND1,000 proposed
- The Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) suggested the proposal to reduce environment tax on jut fuel to 1,000 VND/liter, applied in 2022.
- According to VCCI, the complicated development of Covid-19 in 2021 has negatively affected the aviation industry, so it is necessary to reduce the environmental protection tax rate on jet fuel to support the industry during post-pandemic recovery.
- This rate is lower than the Ministry of Finance’s plan of VND1,500 per liter.
- The environmental protection tax reduction for jet fuel (from Aug 2020 to Dec 2020) is VND2,100 per liter, and VND 3,000 VND per liter from 1/1/2022.
- LEGO pours more than US$1 billion into toy plant in Vietnam
- LEGO Group has just signed a MOU with Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park JVC on the construction of a new factory in Binh Duong. The project will cost more than 1 billion USD. The company is scheduled to break ground in the second half of 2022 and the plant is expected to be put into operation in 2024.
- Retail investor accounts
- 221,000 new retail accounts opened in Nov-2021, highest ever in term of single month (+70.3% m/m and +437% y/y). As end of Nov 21, there are more than 4 million retail investor accounts. (Source: Vietnam Securities Depository_VSD)
- FTSE Vietnam Index 4Q21 review results
- Accordingly, DIC Corp (DIG), Ducgiang Chemicals (DGC) and Dat Xanh Group (DXG) have been added to the FTSE Vietnam Index while there were no deletions.
- The FTSE Vietnam ETF needs to buy around 2.7mn DIG shares, 0.9mn DGC and 2.9mn DXG shares for their portfolio.
- Oil & Gas
- PetroVietnam (PVN) has reported that its oil and gas exploitation output reached 9.97 million tonnes in 11 months 2021, surpassing its target for the entire year by 2.5%. PVN also had one new oil and gas discovery at its Soi Vang-1X well and put a mine and two facilities into operation. (Source: PVN)
- HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- In November, total sales volume reached 765,000 tons (equivalent to the same period last year ). For 11M2021, total sales volume recorded 8 million tons (+33% yoy). (Source: HPG)
- VCB (Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam)
- VCB will pay 2020 cash dividend of 12% on par and 2019 stock dividend of 27.6% on par. Ex-rate date: 22 December 2021 and Payment date: 5 January 2022. (Source: VCB)
- TPB (Tien Phong Bank)
- TPB will increase its charter capital by 178.3 mil.$ by paying a 35% stock dividend. Ex-date date is 20 December 2021. (Source: TPB)
- HDG (Ha Do Group)
- HDG will issue nearly 33 million shares to pay second stock dividend 2020 , ratio 20%. Ex-date is 21 Dec 2021. (Source: HDG)
- VGC (Viglacera Corporation)
- VGC estimated: PBT reached 53.9 mil.$, up 76% yoy and gained 124% target 2021. (Source: VGC)
- LAS (Lam Thao Fertilizers And Chemicals JSC)
- Vinachem will sell 21.23 million LAS shares (18.82% OS) via auction held by HNX on 31 Dec. Starting price: VND27,100 per share. (Source: HNX)