FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 30/05 – 03/06/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Macro: 5 months 2022
- CPI: The Consumer Price Index (CPI) in May 2022 increased by 2.86% yoy and 0.38% mom. On average, in 5M2022, the CPI increased by 2.25% yoy and core inflation increased by 1.1% yoy. A surge in the prices of gasoline, food and some other goods has sent the consumer price index rising. (Source: GSO)
- Export – Import: In May 2022, exports of $30.48 bn (+16.38% yoy) and imports of $32.21 bn (+12.85% yoy) resulted in a trade deficits of $1.73 bn. 5M2022, exports of $152.87 bn (+16.33% yoy) and imports of $152.29 bn (+14.85% yoy) led to a trade surplus of $516 mn. (Source: GSO)
- Retail sales: In May 2022, retail sales increased by 22.6% yoy to $20.75 bn, driven by retail sales of goods (+18.3% yoy), accommodation, food & beverage (+69.3% yoy) and tourism services (+324.3% yoy). 5M2022, retail sales increased by 9.7% yoy to $98.14 bn. (Source: GSO)
- PMI: The Vietnam Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) rose to 54.7 in May from 51.7 in April, signaling a marked monthly improvement in the health of the private sector midway through the second quarter.
Apple moves iPad production to Vietnam to beat supply problems
- Apple is moving some of its iPad production to Vietnam from China after supply chain disruptions stemming from coronavirus lockdowns led to shortages in product and parts.
- BYD, one of China’s leading iPad assemblers, helped Apple to build production lines in Vietnam and could start to produce a small number of the tablets in Vietnam soon.
Petroleum sector: Petrol prices surge past 31,000 VND per litre for first time
- From 1 Jun 2022, the price of RON95 increased by 921 VND per litre to 31,578 VND ($1.37) per litre (+3.02%), while that of E5 RON92 increased by 602 VND per litre to 30,235 VND ($1.31) per litre (+2.04%). The price of diesel oil increased by 841 VND per litre to 26,394 VND ($1.15) per litre (+3.3%) and that of kerosene increased by 660 VND per litre to 25,346 VND ($1.1) per litre (+3.88%).
- This is the fifth consecutive increase in petrol prices.
VCB (Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam)
- S&P Global Ratings upgrades the credit rating of Vietcombank (VCB) to “BB” from “BB-“, with stable outlook.
BID (Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam)
- On 31 May 2022, BID and TPBank (TPB) signed a comprehensive cooperation agreement for 2022-2027. Accordingly, BID and TPB will continue to cooperate closely in many fields: capital and currency trading, domestic payments, international payments, trade finance and cash management, credit financing and retail banking. In addition, the two sides will cooperate in providing services to the high-tech sector, information technology and auxiliary industries, non-life insurance business.
VPB (Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- Dragon Capital bought 2.1 million VPB shares on 31 May 2022, increasing its ownership from 5.98% to 6.03% (268,121,958 shares). (Source: HSX)
BSR (Binh Son Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited)
- 5M2022: production of 2.84mn tons (44% year target) and consumption of 2.75mn tons (42% year target). Revenue of $2.7bn (72% year target) and PAT of $294.1mn (522% year target). (Source: BSR)
HVN (Vietnam Airlines JSC)
- HVN has completed the divestment of 35% of Cambodia Angkor Air (K6), collecting $34 mn. Post-transaction, K6 is no longer an associate company of HVN. The income helped HVN reduce its loss in 2021, maintain HVN’s positive equity and avoid from being delisted.
VJC (Vietjet Aviation JSC)
- Plan 2022: revenue of $1.4 bn (+2.5x yoy) and PAT of $43.48 mn (+12.5x yoy). VJC plans to execute 100,000 flights in 2022 (+146% yoy).
- 2021 dividend: 20% stock.
- Private placement of 54.1 million shares for professional investors, selling price will not be lower than average closing price of 30 consecutive trading sessions. Expected time: 2022 or 2023.
- Propose to issue $300 mn worth of bonds, term 3 – 5 years.
- Plan to IPO the Cargo business in this year of next year.
NVL (No Va Land Investment Group Corp.)
- NVL announced a receipt of $250mn investment from Warburg Pincus, a private equity company from US. This investment will help NVL to expand and develop the projects in the South.
CLX (Cho Lon Investment and Import – Export Corp._Cholimex)
- TMS (Transimex Corp.) registered to sell 3.47 million CLX shares via matching or out-through from 2 Jun to 30 Jun 2022, decreasing its ownership from 30.25% to 26.23% (22,728,000 shares).