FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 28/11 – 2/12/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Macro 11 months 2022
- CPI: The Consumer Price Index (CPI) in Nov 2022 increased by 4.37% yoy and 4.56% mom. On average, in 11M2022, the CPI increased by 3.02% yoy and core inflation increased by 2.38% yoy.
- Export – Import: In Nov 2022, exports of $29.18 bn (-8.4% yoy) and imports of $28.4 bn (-7.27% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $780 mn. 11M2022, exports of $342.21 bn (+13.43% yoy) and imports of $331.61 bn (+10.13% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $10.6 bn.
- Retail sales: In Nov 2022, retail sales ($20.98 bn) increased by 17.5% yoy, driven by retail sales of goods (+10.7% yoy), accommodation, food & beverage (+51.9% yoy) and tourism services (+309% yoy). 11M2022, retail sales ($211.45 bn) increased by 20.5% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- FDI: 11 months 2022, total registered foreign direct investment (FDI) reached $25.13 bn (-5.02s% yoy). In which: newly registered capital reached $11.52 bn (-18.04% yoy), additionally registered capital reached $9.54 bn (+18.88% yoy) and share contribution and acquisition reached $4.08 bn (-6.96% yoy). Singapore is the largest investor with a total investment of $5.78 bn (accounting for 23% total registered capital), followed by Japan (18.3%, $4.6 bn) and Korea (16.4%, $4.12 bn). FDI disbursement increased by 15.09% yoy to $19.68 bn. (Source: Ministry of Planning & Investment)
- PMI (The Purchasing Managers’ Index) was 47.4, below the 50.0 no-change mark during November, thereby ending a 13-month sequence of expansion. From 50.6 in October, the reading signaled a solid deterioration in business conditions during the month.
- Ministry of Transportation will commence construction of 12 North – South Expressway component projects in the period of 2021 – 2025 with total investment of $542mn. The appraisal, technical design approval of these projects had been completed.
- RON95 decreased by VND1,080 per litre (-4.5%), to 22,700 VND/litre.
- E5RON92 decreased by VND1,000 per litre (-4.4%), to 21,670 VND/litre
HoSE is still a member of WFE
- According to the latest update of World Federation of Exchanges (WFE), Hochiminh Stock Exchange (HoSE) is still a member of this federation. Previously, Vietnam’s Stock Exchange shared that they had registered to become an official member of WEF to replace for HoSE.
Fubon FTSE Vietnam ETF
- Fubon ETF issued 43.5 million fund certificates, equivalent to $15.5 mn. Proceeds from the issuance has been disbursed to buy Vietnamese stocks since 29 Nov 2022.
- In the structure of the Fubon ETF portfolio, VIC is currently the largest investment with 13.32%, followed by VHM (11.06%), VNM (10.99%), MSN (10. 59%), HPG (9.08%) …
State-owned corporation divestments
- Deputy Prime Minister approved the plan of rearranging State-owned/State capital contributed corporation in 2022 – 2025 period. Outstandingly, Ministry of Construction will fully divest from VGC (Viglacera Corporation – JSC) (35.58%) and SHG (Song Hong – JSC) (49.04%) in 2022 – 2023, fully divest from TCK (Construction Machinery Corporation – JSC) (98.76%) and cutting ownership at LLM (Viet Nam Machinery Installation Corporation – JSC) from 97.88% to 51% in 2024-2025.
TLG (Thien Long Group Corp.)
- 10M2022, revenue of $120.8mn (+43% yoy), of which exports revenue climbed by 65% yoy and contributing 24% total revenue. PAT reached $16.9 mn (+106% yoy). GPM and NPM is maintained at high level of 43.9% and 14%, respectively higher than 41.6% and 9.7% last year.
- TLG inaugurated $9.26mn capex Thien Long Long Thanh new factory in Dong Nai in Oct-22, comprising of 5 stories with total areas of 10,000m2. When the factory operates at full capacity in 2027, TLG production volumes are expected to enhance by 25%. Additionally, a 5-storey central warehouse was also opened in Le Minh Xuan 3 IP with floor areas of 14,000 m2.
ACV (Airports Corporation of VietNam)
- ACV will start construction of the Tan Son Nhat T3 Station this December. ACV is completing procedures receiving of the land belongs to the Ministry of Defense. Capex: $442.43mn, capacity: 20 mn passengers/year.
MSN (Masan Group Corp.)
- MSN announced the successful full disbursement of its 5-year $600 mn syndicated loan, an underwritten transaction which was oversubscribed by 37 international lenders. The Transaction was arranged by BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank.
- The loan is priced at 2.9% over the U.S Dollar SOFR, or approximately 6.7% per annum. (Source: MSN)
TCB (Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- TCB approved the granting of $60.4 mn revolving credit line to One Mount Distribution (OMD) – subsidiary of One Mount Group (related to member of BoD), to supplement working capital, secured by OMD shares at One Mount Group. (Source: TCB)
HDB (Ho Chi Minh City Development Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- HDB is seeking for shareholder’s written opinion on the private placement of $500 mn convertible bonds to international investors and raising the foreign ownership limitation from 18% to 20%.
- Mr. Pham Quoc Thanh (CEO) registered to buy 1 mn HDB via order matching or put through from 6 Dec 2022 to 4 Jan 2023, increasing his ownership from 0.075% to 0.115% (2,909,700 shares). (Source: HSX)
LPB (Lien Viet Post Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- LPB announced the early redemption of $42.3 mn corporate bond, implementation date: 6 Dec 2022.
- LPB announced the early redemption of $17.5 mn corporate bond, implementation date: 23 Dec 2022.
- Since the beginning of the year, LPB has announced to early redeem $436.3 mn corporate bonds.
KSB (Binh Duong Mineral and Construction JSC)
- KSB wants to issue more than 38 mn shares (50% of the total outstanding shares) to existing shareholders. Ratio: 2:1. Offer price: 16,000 VND/ share. Expected time: Q1/2023
- Post issuance, KSB’s charter capital will increase from $30.9mn to $46.3mn.
- KSB is expected to gain about $24.6 mn. $18.1 mn will be used to invest in KSB Investment Co., Ltd and $6.5 mn will be used to supplement working capital
VNM (Viet Nam Dairy Products JSC)
- Vibev, joint venture between VNM (51%) and KDC (49%) announced to dissolute after 2-year operation. Previously, Vibev was established with vision to become #1 in freshwater industry and target volumes of 150 mn bottles/year.
- SCIC Investment Co. Ltd (a member of State Capital Investment Corporation – SCIC) registered to sell all 1.1 mn VNM shares via order matching or put through from 1 Dec to 30 Dec 2022. SCIC is the largest shareholder of VNM, holding 36% of capital in Vinamilk.
- Second dividend 2022: 14% cash. Ex-date: 22 Dec 2022. Payment date: 28 Feb 2023. (Source: HSX)
PET (Petrovietnam General Services JSC Corporation)
- PET will stop implementing the offering plan to existing shareholders at the ratio 2:1, at the price of 15,000 VND/share.
- PET approved to issue 8,983,742 shares to pay dividend 2021, at ratio 10%. Expected time: 2022-2023 after being approved by the State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC). (Source: PET)
PAC (Dry Cell & Storage Battery JSC)
- PVI Opportunities Fund bought 7.02 mn PAC shares (15.11% OS) from 24 Nov 2022 and became a major shareholder of PAC. Before, PVI Opportunities Fund holds zero share of PAC.
- Thanh Cong Securities sold all 2.86 mn PAC shares (6.15% OS) via put through from 29 Nov 2022. (Source: HSX)
NVL (No Va Land Investment Group Corp.)
- VietinBank Securities (CTS) announced to forced sell roughly 40 mn NVL shares (2.05%) owned by NovaGroup (major shareholder) from 30 Nov 2022.
- Securities companies announced to forced sell 29 mn NVL shares owned by Ms. Cao Thi Ngoc Suong (Chairman’s wife) from 23 Nov to 28 Nov 2022. Post transactions, she holds 54,368,710 shares (2.788% OS).
- Mr. Bui Cao Nhat Quan (Chairman’s son) sold 5 mn NVL share from 28 Nov 2022, decreasing his ownership from 4.27% to 4.13% (78,242,008 shares). (Source: HSX)
NBB (NBB Investment Corp)
- CII (Ho Chi Minh City Infrastructure Investment JSC) bought 6.4 million NBB shares out of 7 million registered from 2 Nov to 1 Dec 2022. Post transactions, CII holds 6.4 million shares (6.43% OS). (Source: HSX)
CII (Ho Chi Minh City Infrastructure Investment JSC)
- Ms. Pham Thi Thuy Hang (CEO’s wife) bought 1 mn CII shares from 15 Nov to 29 Nov 2022, increasing her ownership from 0.39% to 1.19% (3 mn shares). (Source: HSX)
KDH (Khang Dien House Trading and Investment JSC)
- Ms. Mai Tran Trang (Chairman) bought 10 million KDH shares on 29 Nov 2022, increasing her ownership from 1.44% to 2.84% (20,344,515 shares).
- Dragon Capital bought 1.1 mn KDH shares on 25 Nov 2022, increasing their ownership from 8.92% to 9.07% (65,023,688 shares). (Source: HSX)
DGC (Duc Giang Chemicals Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital bought 1.15 mn DGC shares on 28 Nov 2022, increasing their ownership from 4.736% to 5.038% (19,134,380 shares).
- Before, Dragon Capital sold 5.9 mn DGC from 21 Nov to 24 Nov 2022. (Source: HSX)
GEX (GELEX Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital bought 5,156,900 GEX shares on 29 Nov 2022, increasing their ownership from 4.74% to 5.34% (45,494,488 shares). (Source: HSX)
HPX (Hai Phat Investment JSC)
- Dragon Capital sold all 36.21 mn HPX shares (11.91% OS).
- Securities companies announced to forced sell total 42 mn HPX shares owned by Mr. Do Quy Hai (Chairman) and his family from 28 Nov to 30 Nov 2022, decreasing their ownership from 44.79% to 30.97% (94,309,493 shares). (Source: HSX)