FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 28/03 – 01/04/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
- GDP growth reached 5.03% yoy, higher than 4.72% of Q1/2021 and 3.66% of Q1/2020, but lower than 6.85% of Q1/2019 – before Covid-19 pandemic hit the economy. Main driver for GDP growth this quarter was Industry and Construction, which expanded 6.4% and contributed 51% to the general growth. Meanwhile, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries grew 2.5% and Services grew 4.6%. The Government targets 2022 GDP growth at 6-6.5%.
- CPI rose 1.9% yoy. Petrol prices (+48.8% yoy) was the biggest contributor CPI. Meanwhile, pork, education & house rent posted declines of 21.6% yoy, 4.2% yoy and 15.1% yoy.
- Export – Import: In Mar 2022, exports of $34 bn (+14.86% yoy) and imports of $32.67 bn (+14.81% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $1.39 bn. Q1/2022, exports of $88.58 bn (12.98% yoy) and imports of $87.77 bn (16.09% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $0.81 bn.
- FDI: Registered foreign direct investment (FDI) reached $8.91 bn (-12.07% yoy). FDI disbursement increased 7.8% yoy, to $4.42 billion; the highest level of the first quarter in the past five years.
- PMI Vietnam dropped to 51.7 in March from 54.3 in February.
Disciplinary some of leaders of SSC, HOSE, HNX and VSD
- Vietnam Communist Party disciplined SSC, HSX, HNX for letting organizations and individuals to violate the law, manipulate the market, and gain illicit profits.
FLC (FLC Group JSC)
- The Ministry of Public Security’s Investigation Police Agency decided to launch criminal proceedings against and arrest Trinh Van Quyet, Chairman of the FLC Group, pending investigations into suspicion of stock market manipulation. The agency also searched residences and workplaces of the concerned individuals.
- Vinfast signed an MOU with North Carolina States on building an EV factory and battery manufacturing facility, total investment of $4 bn with $US2 billion in the 1st phase. This is the 1st factory of VinFast in North America market.
- The 1st phase of construction will commence this year and production is expected to star in July 2024, with capacity of 150,000 cars/year.
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp)
- 2M2022 results: revenue of $1.1 bn (+17% yoy) and PAT of $46.8 mn (+8% yoy). TGDD and DMX saw strong top line growth of 20% yoy while BHX’s net sales dropped by 2% yoy. By the end of Feb 2022, MWG operated more than 5,420 stores, including 976 TGDD, 2,038 DMX, 22 Topzone, 2,122 BHX, 50 Bluetronics, 14 AVA independent stores and 205 An Khang pharmacies.
- Plans to sell maximum 20% stake at BHX (the grocery chain of MWG). The transaction is expected to complete in 2022-2023. The proceed will be invested in distribution centers, fixed assets, technology, online sale channels and expand nationwide. (Source: MWG)
NVL (No Va Land Investment Group Corp.)
- Target 2022: revenue of $1.5 bn (+141% yoy) and NPAT of $282.6 mn (+88% yoy)
- Plan to issue 19.3 million ESOP shares (1% OS), at VND10,000/share. 1-year locked up. (Source: NVL)
VCI (Viet Capital Securities JSC)
- 2022 target: revenue of $140.87 mn (-12.6% yoy), PBT of $82.61 mn (+2.7% yoy). Dividend: 30% stock dividend
- Plan to issue more than 2 million ESOP shares (0.6% OS), at VND12,500/share
- Establish Viet Capital Singapore Company in Singapore, focusing on self-trading with investment of $2.2 mn. (Source:VCI)
DGW (Digiworld Corp.)
- Target 2022: revenue of $1.14 bn (+25% yoy) and PAT of $34.8 mn (+22% yoy).
- Approved the plan to issue 2.2 million ESOP shares (2.49% OS), 1-year locked up.
- Plan to issue bonus shares at the rate of 80% to existing shareholders. (Source: DGW)
PNJ (Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC)
- Target 2022: revenue of $1.1 bn (+32% yoy) and NPAT of $57.3 mn (+28% yoy). 2022 dividend: 20%
- Plan to issue 82 million bonus shares at ratio 3:1.
- ESOP: maximum 2% OS. Transfer restriction: 36 months. (Source: PNJ)
KBC (Kinh Bac City Development Holding Corp.)
- Target 2022: revenue of $426.1 mn (+2.2x yoy) and NPAT of $195.7 mn (+4.7x yoy)
- KBC expects to record revenue for 80 ha of land in Nam Son Hap Linh IP – Bac Ninh this year.
- Trang Due will complete the legal procedures, deploy infrastructure investment, continue to open sale phase 4, transfer 100% of adjacent and villa lots in 2022. (Source: KBC)
IDC (IDICO Corporation – JSC)
- IDC approved targets revenue of $145.5 mn (x3 yoy), PBT of $101.4 mn (+83% yoy). 2022 dividend: 40%
- 2021 dividend: 10% stock and 30% cash dividend (24% cash dividend already paid). (Source: IDC)
PC1 (PC1 Group JSC)
- Target 2022: revenue of $478.26 mn (+12% yoy), and PAT of $28.57 mn (-14% yoy).
- Dividend: 15% stock dividend. (Source: PC1)
VHC (Vinh Hoan Corp.)
- Target 2022: revenue of $565.22 mn (+43.58 yoy) and NPAT of $65.22 mn (+36.49% yoy). 2022 dividend: 20% cash dividend.
- ESOP: maximum 2% OS, at VND10,000/share.
- VHC approved to sell all 1.43 million treasury shares (0.79% OS) after the company gets approval from SSC. Expected time: Apr or May. (Source: VHC)
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- DXG approved to issue a $300 mn convertible bond with a 5-year term with the minimum conversion price of VND62,000/share.
- Mr Luong Tri Thin (Chairman) bought more than 20.7 million DXG shares from 28 Feb to 18 Mar 2022, raising his holdings from 14.08% to 17.46%. (Source: HSX)