FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 28/02 – 04/03/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Vietnam records 2.33 billion USD trade deficit in Feb 2022
- In Feb 2022, exports of $22.95 billion (+13.62% yoy) and imports of $25.28 billion (+22.38% yoy) resulted in a trade deficit of $ 2.33 billion.
- 2M2022, the total export value was $53.79 billion, up 10.36% yoy and total import value was $54.73 billion, up 16.18% yoy. Vietnam was in trade deficit of $0.94 billion (2M2021: surplus $1.64 billion). (Source: General Statistics Office- GSO)
CPI in Feb 2022
- In Feb 2022, Consumer price index (CPI) was up 1.42% yoy and 1.2% ytd as Tet holiday in the last month pushed up the prices of food, dining and transportation. Average CPI of 2M2022 increased by 1.68% yoy. (Source: General Statistics Office- GSO)
- 2M2022: Foreign direct investment (FDI) capital inflows into Viet Nam reached $5 billion, -8.47% yoy. Capital disbursement was up 7.2% yoy to $2.68 billion. (Source: Ministry of Planning & Investment)
The Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) of Vietnam
- Vietnam posted 54.3 in Feb 2022, up from 53.7 in Jan 2022 and signalling a pick-up in growth for the fifth month running. Business conditions have now improved in each of the past five months following the disruption caused by the Delta wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021.
Disbursed 50% of the support package of $15.22 billion in 2022
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment expects to disburse 50% of the $15.22 billion package under the Socio-Economic Development & Recovery Program in 2022, the largest in history, aiming to reboot the country’s economy after a long period of social and mobility restriction due to the pandemic.
New VNAM ETF
- New VNAM ETF , which has been founded in 12/2021, uses a reference index of MSCI Vietnam IMI Select 25/50 Index with a portfolio of 57 stocks on Vietnam stock market. The portfolio net assets reached $8.7 million
- Top holdings on 24/02/2022: HPG (10.7%), VHM (8.5%), VIC (7.58%), MSN (6.55%), VNM (6.22%), NVL (4.46%), VCB (4.32%)….
A Thai fund is expected to mobilize more than $91.3 million to invest in Vietnam stock market
- SCB Vietnam Equity Fund (SCBRMViet), an investment fund managed by SCB Asset Management (Thailand) is mobilizing capital from 01-07 Mar to invest in the Vietnamese stock market. The fund is expected to raise capital up to $91.3 million. According to the announcement, SCB Vietnam Equity Fund will allocate 40% to ETF funds; 30% to mutual funds and 30% directly to shares on the exchange.
- Sectors weighting: Financial (40.1%), Real Estate (18.5%)…. SCB Vietnam Equity Fund mentions a few options such as VCB, VHM and PNJ.
Airlines: Sun Group launches Sun Air
- Ministry of transportation approved general aviation business license for Sun Air.
- Sun Air Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of domestic realty giant Sun Group, was established with a capital of $4.35 million.The new flight will offer general aviation services, including private aircraft management and charter flights, sightseeing flights, and helicopter and seaplane tours on both domestic and international routes.
- In the third quarter of 2022, Sun Air will operate two Gulfstream G650ER jets. In the 2023-2025 period, the airline plans to use four Gulfstream G650ER, one Gulfstream G700, one helicopter and two seaplanes.
- In the future, the airline expects ultra-large and ultra-long jets such as Boeing BBJ and Airbus ACJ.
- Credit growth 2M2022 came to 1.82% ytd (short-term +1% ytd ; long-term +2.7% ytd). This is lower than 2.74% at the end of January, but higher than 2M2021 of 0.66%.
PNJ (Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC)
- Unofficial: 2M2022 PAT reached around $24 – 25 million (+45 – 50% yoy). PNJ’s guidance for 2022FY is $58 million (+30% yoy) and after 2 months PNJ fulfilled over 40% whole year plan.
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- Feb-2022 construction steel sales volume were very strong and equaled to 2.3x yoy and up 17% mom to 450,000 tonnes. Of which, Northern sales volume tripled yoy and accounted for 56% of sales volume in Feb. Meanwhile Central and Southern volume were also strong and equivalent to 2.5x and 1.5x yoy respectively. Export volume also doubled y/y to 60,000 tonnes in Feb-2022.
- In the first 2 months, construction steel sales volume came at 828,000 tonnes, 2.2x yoy. Of which, export volume surged to 174,000 tonnes, 2.6x yoy with key markets including Singapore, Hongkong, Canada, Japan, Korea and Cambodia.
- To date, HPG successfully signed export contract for construction steel volume of 720,000 tonnes till end of May-22. (Source: HPG)
HSG (Hoa Sen Group)
- Plan 2022: Revenue of $2.02 billion (-5% yoy) and PAT of $65.22- $108.7 million (-40-65% yoy). HSG plans to establish and IPO 2 subsidiaries: Hoa Sen Plastic JSC and Hoa Sen Home.
VPB (Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- SSC (State Securities Commission of Vietnam) approved new FOL of 17.5% from 15% so that VPB can conduct a private placement with a foreign strategic shareholder.
VND (VNDirect Securities Corp.)
- VND approved to increase charter capital to more than $521.7 million by SSC (State Securities Commission of Vietnam). Accordingly, VND will offer 782.9 million shares, in which 434.94 million shares will be offered to existing shareholders (ratio 1:1) at the price of 10,000 VND/share and 348 million bonus shares for shareholders (ratio of 80%) from equity.
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital bought 3.08 million DXG shares on 25 Feb 2022, increased its ownership from 21.68% to 22.19%. (Source: HSX)
KDH (Khang Dien House Trading and Investment JSC)
- KDH approved the plan to contribute nearly $15.2 million to Gia Phuoc Real Estate Investment and Business subsidiary to raise charter capital to $26 million. Moreover, KDH plans to mobilize up to $87 million of bonds to lend to subsidiaries with 36-month term and interest rates ranging 9-10%/year. (Source: KDH)