FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 27/12 – 31/12/2021
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Trade Balance 2021
- In December 2021, exports of $34.52 billion (+24.8% yoy) and imports of $31.98 billion (+14.59% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $ 2.54 billion.
- Accumulated 2021, the total export value was $336.25 billion, up 18.97% yoy and total import value was $332.25 billion, up 26.48% yoy. Vietnam was in trade surplus of $4 billion (2020 surplus $19.94 billion). (Source: General Statistics Office- GSO)
- Q4/2021 GDP growth rate estimated +5.22% yoy to a full year 2021 GDP growth rate at 2.58% yoy. (Source: General Statistics Office- GSO))
- In December of 2021, Consumer price index (CPI) decrease by 0.18% compared to the previous month, an increase in 1.81% compared to December 2020. Average CPI of 2021 increased by 1.84% compared to 2020, the lowest increase since 2016. (Source: General Statistics Office- GSO)
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) capital inflows into Viet Nam reached $31.15 billion, +9.2 % yoy. Capital disbursement was down 1.2% yoy to $19.74 billion. (Source: Ministy of Planning & Investment)
Support package in 2022
- According to the MOF, the tax exemption and reduction package to support people and businesses in 2022 is expected to be more than $2.6 billion, tripled compared to the previous support package.
World Bank Loan Will Support Vietnam’s Economic Recovery
- The World Bank signed a credit agreement worth $221.5 million with the Government of Vietnam to assist Vietnam in recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic. This amount will be disbursed directly into the budget, on favorable terms for a 30-year period with a 5-year grace period.
- SBV (State Bank of Vietnam) annouced: Until 22 Dec 2021, credit growth has reached 12.68% ytd (+14.57% yoy). The credit growth is likely to reach 14% in 2021 as credit expands very strongly towards the end of the year. The bad debt ratio has to date edged up to 3.79%. The rate would even reach 8.2% if taking into account restructured debts.
BSR (Binh Son Refining & Petrochemical Company Limited)
- Revenue in Q4/2021 reached approximately $1.48 billion (+99% yoy). As for 2021 in general, production output is expected to reach 6.5 million tons; the corresponding revenue will reach $4.38 billion (+74% yoy and exceeding 42% of the year’s revenue target). (Source: BSR)
SSI (SSI Securities Corporation)
- SSI plans to issue 104 million shares via private placement, to lift its charter capital up to $695.65 million. Time: 2022.
MSN (Masan Group Corporation)
- MSN seeks shareholder’s opinion to pay bonus share at ratio 20% (Will release the maximum of 236.1 million shares) and narrow down its foreign ownership limit to 49% from 100% as earlier.
VNM (Viet Nam Dairy Products JSC – Vinamilk)
- Hung Yen Province approved the milk factory project of VNM and Vilico (VLC: a subsidiary of VNM). The project has an estimated investment of $200 million. Total design capacity is estimated at 400 million liters per year and is expected to be built in 2 phases.
- Interim cash dividend for 2021: 20%
- Ex-right date: 7 Jan 2022
- Payment date: 27 Jan 2022
VND (VNDirect Securities Corp.)
- VND plan to issue 20 million bonds at face value VND100,000 per bond, to total value of $86.96 million in 2 tranches. Types: non-convertible, no warrants, no collaterals.
- Sign another syndicated loan with a total value of $100 million from foreign financial institutions from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Europe. In Sep 2021, VND signed a $100 million syndicated loan from a group of foreign banks. In 2021, they successfully raised 2 syndicated loans.
FMC (Sao Ta Foods JSC)
- CP Vietnam bought 6.5 million shares (11.1% of OS) via private placement on 28 Dec 2021, rising its holding from 16.56% to 24.9%.