FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 27/06 – 01/07/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Macro: 6 months 2022
- GDP: Q2/2022, GDP increased by 7.72% yoy, most remarkable growth rate of the second quarter of the years in 2011-2021. (Source: GSO)
- CPI: The Consumer Price Index (CPI) in June 2022 increased by 3.37% yoy and 0.69% mom. On average, in 1H2022, the CPI increased by 2.44% yoy and core inflation increased by 1.25% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- Export – Import: In June 2022, exports of $32.65 bn (+19.97% yoy) and imports of $32.37 bn (+16.32% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $276 mn. 1H2022, exports of $185.94 bn (+17.26% yoy) and imports of $185.23 bn (+15.46% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $709 mn. (Source: GSO)
- Retail sales: In June 2022, retail sales ($20.5 bn) increased by 27.3% yoy, driven by retail sales of goods (+21% yoy), accommodation, food & beverage (+80% yoy) and tourism services (+18.5x yoy). 1H2022, retail sales ($118.13 bn) increased by 11.7% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- PMI: The Vietnam Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) posted 54.0 in June 2022, slightly down from 54.7 in May but still signalling a solid monthly improvement in the health of the sector. Business conditions have strengthened in each of the past nine months. Vietnamese manufacturing sector ends the first half of 2022 in good health, firms feels that the pandemic is over, and they can operate new business at a solid growth.
UOB revises up Vietnam’s 2022 GDP growth forecast to 7.04%
- The Singapore-based United Overseas Bank (UOB) has revised up Vietnam’s 2022 GDP growth forecast to 7.0% from 6.5%, assuming no further severe domestic disruptions from COVID-19, and projected growth of around 7.6 – 7.8% in the second half of the year.
Investors to be able to trade stocks on T+2 settlement cycle
- Vietnam Securities Depository (VSD) is proposing the draft regulation on clearing and settlement of securities transactions which may reduce the settlement date to T+2. Specifically, the settlement date will be adjusted to the mid-day of the T+2: 11:30-12:00 AM, instead of the end of T+2 currently. In the best scenario, the new settlement can be in operation from Aug 2022.
SCIC announces divestment plan for 101 companies in 2022
- SCIC announced the divestment list in 2022 including 101 companies, 17 of which have been divested successfully. Some prominent companies are Quang Ninh Thermal Power (Upcom: QTP), Hai Phong Thermal Power Plant (HNX: HTP), Binh Minh Plastics (HoSE: BMP), Vietnam Plastics (Upcom: VNP), Licogi Corporation (Upcom: LIC), Seaprodex (Upcom: SEA)
- On the other hand, many companies that are expected to be on the list of divestments in 2021 are not present such as Sabeco (SAB), Tien Phong Plastic (NTP), FPT, Bao Viet (BVH), Vinatex…
- After environmental tax, the Ministry of Finance (MoF) proposes to cut tax on excise tax and value-added tax on petroleum products. However, the specific level of tax cut proposed is not released. Included 1,000 reduction on environmental tax, assuming that there is a 50% cut on both excise and VAT, petroleum prices will drop by 3,250 – 3,650 VND per liter (-11%) and if all 03 tax rates are cut 100%, the petroleum prices will plunge by 5,500- 6,300 VND per liter (-19%). The proposal is expected to be approved in October – November.
Hung Thinh Land JSC
- VinaCapital completed their investment in Hung Thinh Land JSC. Specifically, VOF has invested $25mn in Hung Thinh Land, the holding ratio is not disclosed.
- Notably, Hung Thinh Land is currently planning to make public placements (IPO) and list on the HoSE in 2023.
- Hung Thinh Land is expected to become the third largest real estate developer on HoSE, following Vinhomes and Novaland, even potentially in the VN30-Index.
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp.)
- 5M2022: Revenues of $2.6bn (+14% yoy, 42% target year), in which Thegioididong and Dien May Xanh revenue reached $2 bn (+17% yoy) and BHX’s revenue reached $456.5 mn (-1%). PAT of $95.7 mn (+1% yoy). There is a slowing down in MWG net profit margin due to higher input material prices and increasing operating expenses due to inflation, competitive pricing strategy and expenses arising from changes in Bach Hoa Xanh stores layouts, handling inefficient stores and liquidation of inventories.
- By the end of May 2022, MWG has operated 906 DMX, 46 Topzones, 2,104 BHX, 38 AVA independent stores and 301 An Khang pharmacies. (Source: MWG)
PVT (Petrovietnam Transportation Corp.)
- Preliminary H1 2022 results: revenue of $178.26 mn (+13.5% yoy, 50% target year) and PBT of $21.74 mn (-12% yoy, 83% target year).
- Dividend 2021: 10% stock. Expected time: 2022. (Source: PVT)
HAH (Hai An Transport & Stevedoring JSC)
- Estimated business results in the first 6 months: revenue of $70.22 mn (+99.8% yoy, 67.6% target year) and PAT of $19.0 mn (+138.6% yoy, 79.5% target year).
BCG (Bamboo Capital JSC)
- BCG approved to establish a real estate subsidiary named Helios Village with capital contribution of $17.4mn. Currently, BCG is operating the Helios Village project of 19hectares in Gia Nghia City, Dac Nong province, including 274 villas and 160 adjacent townhouses with total investment of $63 mn.
SBS (Sacombank Securities Joint Stock Company)
- SBS will issue 150 million shares privately to 10 individual investors at the price of 10,000 VND/share. Lock-up: 1 year.
FTS (FPT Securities JSC)
- SBI (major shareholder) registered to buy 5.7 million FTS shares from 28 June to 26 July via order matching / put through, increasing its ownership from 21% to 24.9% (36,744,136 shares). (Source: HSX).
FPT (FPT Corp.)
- Dragon Capital bought 1.17 million FPT shares on 28 June 2022, increasing its ownership from 4.95% to 5.06% (55,519,961 shares). (Source: HSX).
GEX (GELEX Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital bought 2 million GEX shares on 28 June 2022, increasing its ownership from 5.95% to 6.18% (52,628,588 shares). (Source: HSX).