FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 26/9 – 30/9/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Vietnam’s GDP (PPP) in 2022 is forecast to rank 3rd ASEAN and 10th in Asia.
- According to the IMF (International Monetary Fund), Vietnam’s GDP (purchasing power parity – PPP) in 2022 is forecastedforecast to rank 3rd ASEAN and 10th in Asia, with GDP forecast reaching roughly $1,278 bn in 2022.
Macro: 9 months 2022
- GDP: GDP growth reached 5.03% yoy in Q3/2022, boosted by robust manufacturing and exports, as well as a low base effect due to social distancing last year. 9M2022, GDP growth reached 8.83% yoy, the most significant growth rate since 2011. Of which, the agriculture, forestry and fishery sector increased by 2.99%, contributing 4.04% to the increase in total added value of the whole economy; the industry and construction sector increased by 9.44%, contributing 41.79%; the service sector increased by 10.57%, contributing 54.17%.
- CPI: The Consumer Price Index (CPI) in Sep 2022 increased by 3.94% yoy and 0.4% mom. On average, in 9M2022, the CPI increased by 2.73% yoy and core inflation increased by 1.88% yoy.
- Export – Import: In Sep 2022, exports of $29.94 bn (+10.35% yoy) and imports of $28.8 bn (+6.45% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $1.14 bn. 9M2022, exports of $282.52 bn (+14.23% yoy) and imports of $276 bn (+12.97% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $6.52 bn.
- Retail sales: In Sep 2022, retail sales ($21.44 bn) increased by 36.1% yoy, driven by retail sales of goods (+19.9% yoy), accommodation, food & beverage (+129.1% yoy) and tourism services (+32.1x yoy). 9M2022, retail sales ($181.31 bn) increased by 21% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- FDI: 9 months 2022, total registered foreign direct investment (FDI) reached $18.75 bn (-15.31% yoy). In which: newly registered capital reached $7.12 bn (-43% yoy), additionally registered capital reached $8.3 bn (+29.94% yoy) and share contribution and acquisition reached $3.28 bn (+1.86% yoy). Singapore is the largest investor with a total investment of $4.75 bn (accounting for 25.3% total registered capital), followed by Korea (20.4%, $3.82 bn) and Japan (10.2%, $1.92 bn). FDI disbursement increased by 16.2% yoy to $15.43 bn. (Source: Ministry of Planning & Investment)
- As of 16 Sep 2022, credit growth is 10.47% ytd and 17.19% yoy. After SBV raised the ceiling deposit rates for demand deposits and deposit with term under 6 months, many banks have been increasing deposit rates. (Source: SBV)
- The Ministry of Transport proposed the Prime Minister to grant a license for the first cargo airline in Vietnam, IPP Air Cargo, whose chairman is billionaire Johnathan Hanh Nguyen.
- After getting an air transport license, IPP Air Cargo will operate five aircrafts in the first year of its operations. Five years later, the number of planes will be doubled to 10.
- Japan’s Tokyo Gas and Kyuden Group signed an MOU with Truong Thanh Vietnam JSC on jointly developing an LNG power project with a phase-one capacity of 1,500 MW in Thai Binh Province (northern Vietnam)
- The proposed project is in Vietnam’s draft power development plan VIII for the 2021-2030 period, with vision until 2045. However, the plan has not been approved yet.
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp.)
- In Aug 2022, revenue of $452.7 mn (+60% yoy) and PAT of $12.8 mn (+33% yoy) due to: the low base in August 2021 resulting from strict social distancing restrictions.
- 8M2022 revenue of $3.89 bn (+17% yoy, completed 66% target year), of which: TGDD and DMX revenue reached $1.07 bn and $2.12 bn, respectively, accounting for 79.5% total revenue; BHX reached $765 mn, accounting for 19%. PAT of $133.9 mn (+6% yoy, completed 50% target year).
- BachHoaXanh has completely changed its layout and closed inefficient stores. Average revenue for each store increased to $59,130 in August (+5% mom).
- Currently, MWG owned: 1,086 TGDD stores 2,222 DMX stores, 1,726 BHX stores, 509 AnKhang pharmacies, 80 AVAKids stores and 12 AVASport stores. (Source: MWG)
GAS (PetroVietnam Gas JSC)
- Estimated business results in Q3/2022, revenue of $963.48 mn (+20% yoy) and PBT of $233.22 mn (+74% yoy).
- 9M2022 revenue of $3.33 bn (+30% yoy) and PBT of $608.7 mn (+61.85 yoy)
PET (Petrovietnam General Services JSC Corporation)
- In Aug 2022, revenue of $75.3 mn (+30.9% yoy) attributing to the outperforming distribution segment (mobile phones & IT products). PBT of $1.04 mn (+4.3% yoy) due to: (1) GPM decreased from 4.4% to 3.9% (due to the decline in high GPM segments such as property management) and (2) higher SG&A and interest expenses.
- 8M22 revenue of $49.08 (+10.9% yoy, completed 56% target year) and PBT of $8.74 mn (+3.2% yoy, completed 48% target year). (Source: PET)
TLG (Thien Long Group Corporation)
- 8M2022, revenue of $108.7 mn (+48% yoy), of which: revenue from exports increased by 58% and contributing 24% total revenue. PAT of $17.22 mn (+137% yoy). GPM remained high at 44.1% and the net margin reached 15.7% in 8M2022 compared to 41.4% and 9.8% in 8M2021, respectively. (Source: TLG)
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- HPG has begun production at its new home appliance factory worth $43.48 mn in Ha Nam province with products such as: air coolers, water and air purifiers with a capacity of 1 million products/year.
MSR (Masan High-Tech Materials Corp.)
- Nui Phao, MSR’s subsidiary, has just mobilized $12.2 mn corporate bonds. Term: 5 years. Interest rates, bond holders and issuance purpose are not disclosed. Previously, Nui Phao also mobilized $21 mn corporate bond in May.
SHB (Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- SHB approved the additional issuance of 978.4mn shares to raise charter capital, including:
- 400 million shares to pay stock dividend, ratio 100:15.
- 533.3 million shares private placement to existing shareholder, ratio: 100:20, at 12,500 VND/share.
- 45.12 million ESOP shares, at 10,000 VND/share. Lock-up: 03 years.
- Time of implementation: 2022. Post transaction, SHB charter capital will increased to $1.5bn. (Source: SHB)
NT2 (PetroVietnam Power Nhon Trach 2 JSC)
- Second dividend 2021: 6.5% cash. Ex-date: 7 Oct 2022. Payment date: 20 Oct 2022. (Source: HSX)
VTP (Viettel Post JSC)
- Plan to pay dividend 2021: 15% cash and 9.33% stock. Expected time: Q4/2022. (Source: VTP)
TPB (Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- FPT Capital (related to Vice chairman) registered to buy 1million TPB shares (0.063%), via matching and/or put through from 29 Sep to 28 Oct 2022. (Source: HSX)
FTS (FPT Securities JSC)
- SBI Financial Services Co., Ltd (the largest shareholder) registered to buy 2.1 million FTS shares, via matching and/or put through from 29 Sep to 27 Oct 2022, increasing its ownership from 21.43% to 22.51% (43,901,806 shares). (Source: HSX)
BCG (Bamboo Capital Group JSC)
- Mr. Bui Thanh Lam (Board member) registered to sell 1 million BCG shares (0.19%), via matching and/or put through on 3 Oct 2022, decreasing his ownership from 0.97% to 0.78% (4,177,800 shares). (Source: HSX)
BAF (BAF Viet Nam Agriculture JSC)
- Siba Holdings (related to chairman) registered to buy 24.61 million BAF shares, via matching and/or put through from 30 Sep to 28 Oct 2022, increasing its ownership from 20.5% to 37.65% (54,036,750 shares). (Source: HSX)
NLG (Nam Long Investment Corp.)
- Mr. Pham Dinh Huy (Investment director) sold 1.6 million NLG shares (0.42%) from 5 Sep to 27 Sep 2022. After transaction, he will hold 41,604 shares. (Source: HSX)