FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 25/07 – 29/07/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Standard Chartered Bank forecasts Vietnam’s Q3 GDP growth at 10.8%
- Standard Chartered Bank forecasts Vietnam’s GDP growth for Q3 and Q4 at 10.8% and 3.9%, respectively, taking full-year growth to 6.7%. High global oil prices may have negative consequences on the economy
- Standard Chartered the State Bank of Vietnam to keep the policy rate on hold at 4.0% in 2022 to support economic growth and businesses, despite rising inflation.
Vietnam’s public investment disbursement in 7 months 2022
- The Ministry of Finance reported that the estimated disbursement rate of public investment is $8.12 bn from the beginning of the year to 31 July 2022, reaching 34.47% of the plan assigned by the Prime Minister, a slight decrease compared to the same period last year (36.71%).
Sharp Corporation invests in the 3rd high-tech project in Binh Duong
- Sharp Corporation is gauging possibilities to build a new large-scale facility in Binh Duong province as part of the Japanese electronics giant’s production shift from China to Vietnam.
- This is a project specializing in the production of smart industrial products, high technology including electronic products, high-tech components, smart phones, production of household electronics, household electrical appliances, health care products…
- Sharp is operating two factories in the Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park (VSIP) I and VSIP II.
Macro: 7 months 2022
- CPI: The Consumer Price Index (CPI) in Jul 2022 increased by 3.14% yoy and 0.4% mom. On average, in 7M2022, the CPI increased by 2.54% yoy and core inflation increased by 1.44% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- Export – Import: In Jul 2022, exports of $30.32 bn (+8.87% yoy) and imports of $30.30 bn (+3.42% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $21,000. 7M2022, exports of $216.36 bn (+16.06% yoy) and imports of $215.59 bn (+13.63% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $764 mn. (Source: GSO)
- Retail sales: In Jul 2022, retail sales ($21.13 bn) increased by 42.6% yoy, driven by retail sales of goods (+29.4% yoy), accommodation, food & beverage (+134.7% yoy) and tourism services (+3.5x yoy). 7M2022, retail sales ($139.38 bn) increased by 16% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- FDI: Registered foreign direct investment (FDI) reached $15.41 bn (-7.1% yoy) in 7 months 2022. In which: newly registered reached $5.72 bn (-43.5% yoy), additionally registered reached $7.24 bn (+59.3% yoy) and capital contribution, share purchase reached $2.58 bn (+25.7% yoy). Singapore is largest investor with a total investment capital of $4.3 bn (accounting for 27.7% total registered investment capital), followed by Korea (21%, $3.26 bn) and Denmark (8.55%, $1.32 mn). FDI disbursement increased by 10.2% yoy, to $11.57 bn. (Source: Ministry of Planning & Investment).
Oil & Gas: Northern Vietnam to house $1.5 bln petrochemical complex
- Stavian Chemical, a major global polymers distributor, has struck a deal to develop a $1.5 bn petrochemical facility in Quang Ninh province. The Stavian Quang Yen Petrochemical project will be constructed on 30 ha at the Bac Tien Phong Industrial Park, Quang Ninh. The project is expected to supply 600,000 tons of polypropylene (PP) per year. It is slated to start operations by Q4/2026.
GAS (PetroVietnam Gas Joint Stock Corporation)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $1,202.32 mn (+21.81% yoy) and PAT of $221.15 mn (+124.87% yoy) thanks to strong fuel oil prices (+60% yoy).
- 1H2022: revenue of $2,362.72 mn (+34.94% yoy) and PAT of $370.22 mn (+98.41% yoy). (Source: GAS)
BSR (Binh Son Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $2.28 bn (+88.05% yoy) and PAT of $431.6 mn (+488.07% yoy) due to: significantly higher crack spread and a reversal of $65.22 mn inventory provision booked.
- 1H2022: revenue of $3.79 bn (+78.24% yoy) and PAT of $532.64mn (+245.63% yoy), both fulfilled 95% target year. (Source: BSR)
PVS (PetroVietnam Technical Services Corp.)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $165.7 mn (+24.68% yoy) and PAT of $0.53 mn (-92.03% yoy) due to low gross profit margin, which was squeezed by elevated costs at international projects
- 1H2022: revenue of $329.59 mn (+33.69% yoy) and PAT of $9.93 mn (-22.97% yoy). (Source: PVS)
VIC (Vingroup JSC)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $602.34 mn (-63.0% yoy) and PAT of $138.73 mn (+120.07% yoy)
- 1H2022: revenue of $1.39 bn (-47.18% yoy) and PAT of $245.41 mn (+59.27% yoy)
- Net profit after tax (parent) surged in thanks to financial gain (divestment in subsidiaries) and other gain (disposal of fixed assets). (Source: VIC)
VHM (Vinhomes JSC)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $196.95 mn (-83.83% yoy) and PAT of $22.13 mn (-95.16% yoy) due to timing differences of deliveries in existing large-scale projects including Vinhomes Ocean Park 1, Vinhomes Smart City and Vinhomes Grand Park.
- 1H2022: revenue of $584.93 mn (-67.19% yoy) and PAT of $219.52 mn (-68.28% yoy). (Source: VHM)
VRE (Vincom Retail JSC)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $80. 41 mn (+22.45% yoy) and PAT of $33.61 mn (+99.47% yoy)
- 1H2022: revenue of $139.96 mn (-13.86% yoy) and PAT of $50.02 mn (-1.54% yoy)
- 1H2022, VRE spent $20.17 mn for a tenant support package in Q1/2022 and minimal amount in Q2/2022, which is insignificant compared to that of $18.43 mn in H12021. (Source: VRE)
MSN (Masan Group Corp.)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $775.39 mn (-15.95% yoy) due to deconsolidation of the feed segment. At the same time, sales at MCH and WCM also went down slightly yoy due to weaker consumer sentiment. MHT on the other hand saw strong sales growth due to high commodity prices. PAT of $42.65 mn (+23.97% yoy).
- 1H2022: revenue of $1.57 bn (-12.56% yoy) and PAT of $112.03 mn (+163.31% yoy). (Source: MSN)
SAB (Saigon Beer – Alcohol – Beverage Corp.)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $391.67 mn (+24.66% yoy) and PAT of $72.52 mn (+67.0% yoy). Revenue was driven by decent volume growth (+17%) and ASP growth (+6%). GPM continued to increase in Q2/2022 thanks to: (1) higher ASP and (2) improvement in production efficiency
- 1H2022: revenue of $709.34 mn (+24.66% yoy) and PAT of $123.42 mn (+47.88% yoy). (Source: SAB)
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $73.83 mn (-52.3% yoy) and PAT of $5.65 mn (-56.3% yoy) due to Q2/2021’s high base.
- 1H2022: revenue of $151.7 mn (-46.4% yoy) and PAT of $17.4 mn (-51.7% yoy). (Source: DXG)
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $1,627.05 mn (+6.56% yoy) and PAT of $175.31 mn (-58.52% yoy) due to: weak demand, sharp ASP drops, and high input material costs squeezed margin in Q2/2022.
- 1H2022: revenue of $3,542.62 (+22.91% yoy) and PAT of $532.57 mn (-26.65% yoy). (Source: HPG)
BMP (Binh Minh Plastics JSC)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $67.61 mn (+7.08% yoy) and PAT of $6.31 mn (+247.2% yoy).
- 1H2022 revenue of $126.3mn (+11% yoy) and PAT of $11.87mn (+117% yoy)
- Q2/2022 sales volume reached 26,400 tons (-12.7% yoy) and 1H2022 sales volume reached 49,035 tons (-12.2% yoy) due to weak domestic demand across construction material products, from steel to plastic pipes, following the new strict controls on credit flows into the real estate industry and the slow disbursement of public investment.
- GPM jumped in Q2/2022 and 1H2022 due to growth in ASPs (Q2/2022: +22.6% yoy and 1H2022: +27% yoy) and input plastic prices correcting from 2021’s high base. (Source: BMP)
VGC (Viglacera Corporation – JSC)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $185.57 mn (+45.3% yoy), of which: real estate revenue (including sales of residential properties, leases and services rendered at industrial parks) reached $80.57 mn (+60% yoy) and building materials revenue reached $99.87 mn (+39% yoy). PAT of $27.87 mn (+90.91% yoy)
- 1H2022: revenue of $352.21 mn (+52.82% yoy) and PAT of $58.39 mn (117.16% yoy). (Source: VGC)
HAH (Hai An Transport & Stevedoring JSC)
- Q2/2022: revenue of $40.39 mn (+2x yoy) and PAT of $14.09 mn (+3.3x yoy), highest quarterly profit ever.
- 1H2022: revenue of $68.74 mn (+95% yoy) and PAT of $25.52 mn (+3.2x yoy), completing 66% revenue and 106% profit target.
- Sao A D.C JSC sold 2,492,000 HAH shares on 20 Jul 2022, decreasing its ownership from 7.48% to 3.78% (2,580,800 shares). (Source: HSX)
BSI (Bank for Invesment & Development of Vietnam Securities Company)
- BSI announced the resolution to continue the private placement of maximum 65.7 million shares (35% post-money) to Hana Financial Investment Co., Ltd (HFI). Price: VND41,000 per share.
- The total value of this placement is $117.39 mn. (Source: BSI)
PLX (Viet Nam National Petroleum Group)
- The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) approved PLX to sell all its stakes in PG Bank (PGB) via public auction, expected to be executed in Q3/2022. PLX can collect $93.91 mn if successfully divesting from PGB.
- PLX currently holds 40.57% OS of PGB. (Source: PLX)
PC1 (PC1 Group JSC)
- PC1 announced the resolution to acquire 100% Nomura Asia Investment (Vietnam) Pte. Ltd (NAIV), of which 70% of contributed capital was transferred from Nomura Holdings, Inc. and 30% of contributed capital transferred from JAFCO Group Co., Ltd.
- NAIV has a 70% stake in the Nomura Hai Phong Industrial Zone (NHIZ), established in 1994 with a total area of 158 ha and was fully occupied as of year-end 2021.
STK (Century Synthetic Fiber Corp.)
- BOD approved the implementation of private placement in 2022. The company plans to issue 13.5mn shares. The issuing price will range between 48,500 VND – 60,000 VND/share. Lock-up period is one year. Issuance time is in 2022 and within 90 days after SSC’s approval.
- Once successful, total capital from the issuance will come to $28.47 – $35.22 mn, which will be used for investing the Unitex factory ($28.26 mn) and increase STK’s working capital. (Source: STK)
SSB (Southeast Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- Several Deputy General Directors registered to sell a total of more than 12 million shares (0.6% OS) from 28 Jul to 26 Aug via matching and/or put through. (Source: HSX)
DBC (Dabaco Group)
- Nguyen Thi Tan Hoa (Chairman’s daughter) registered to sell 2 million DBC shares (0.82% OS) via matching and/or put through from 28 Jul to 26 Aug, decreasing her ownership from 3.05% to 2.23% (5,384,977 shares). (Source: HSX)
HBC (Hoa Binh Construction Group JSC)
- Mr. Le Viet Hai (Chairman) registered to buy 6,634,600 HBC shares from 27 Jul to 25 Aug 2022, increasing his ownership from 17.21% to 19.91% (48,913,740 shares). (Source: HSX)
GEX (GELEX Group JSC)
- VIX Securities (VIX) bought 15 million GEX shares via put through and/or matching from 24 June to 22 July 2022. After the transaction, VIX holds 1.76% stakes in GEX. (Source: HSX)
KHG (Khai Hoan Land Group JSC)
- Mr Nguyen Khai Hoan (Chairman) registered to buy 3 million KHG shares from 2 Aug to 31 Aug 2022, increasing his ownership from 30.61% to 31.29% (138,664,000 shares). (Source: HSX)
|Banks Result Q2/2022|
|Ticker||Name||Q2/2022 (mil.$)||yoy||1H2022 (mil.$)||yoy||Credit growth||NPL|
|VPB||Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank||181.61||-17.0%||666.22||69.6%||13.6%||5.3%|
|TCB||Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank||318.30||21.7%||613.30||22.3%||7.6%||0.6%|
|TPB||Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank||94.13||36.6%||164.70||26.0%||9.1%||0.9%|
|MBB||Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank||260.30||75.7%||517.22||49.0%||14.6%||1.2%|
|VIB||Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank||119.30||27.8%||218.39||27.0%||9.7%||2.5%|
|LPB||Lien Viet Post Joint Stock Commercial Bank||77.96||93.8%||156.04||76.1%||8.6%||1.4%|
|STB||Sai Gon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank||57.35||-7.4%||126.43||19.9%||6.1%||1.3%|
|ACB||Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank||213.65||51.3%||392.52||42.1%||9.6%||0.8%|
|VCB||Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam||322.74||50.2%||753.17||28.0%||14.4%||0.6%|
|CTG||Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade||251.52||107.3%||504.70||7.0%||9.7%||1.4%|