FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 22/08 – 26/08/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Public Investment in 8 months 2022
- According to The Ministry of Finance (MoF), 8M2022 public disbursement reached around $9.23 bn, equivalent to 35.5% plan and 39.2% target assigned by the Prime minister.
FDI in 7 months 2022
- 7 months 2022, total registered foreign direct investment (FDI) reached $16.8 bn (-12.3% yoy). In which: newly registered reached $6.35 bn (-43.9% yoy), additionally registered reached $7.5 bn (+50.7% yoy) and capital contribution, share purchase reached $2.9 bn (+3.6% yoy).
- Singapore is largest investor with a total investment capital of $4.53 bn (accounting for 27% total registered investment capital), followed by Korea (21%, $3.5 bn) and Japan (10.8%, $1.49 bn).
- FDI disbursement increased 10.5% yoy, to $12.8 bn. (Source: Ministry of Planning & Investment)
CPI in 8 months 2022
- On average, in 8 months 2022, CPI is estimated to increases by 2.5-2.6% yoy. On that basis, MoF has forecast that CPI will increase 3.37-3.87% in 2022; higher than the forecast of 3.4-3.7% from the General Statistics Office (GSO). The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV), meanwhile estimated inflation to fluctuate in the range of 3.7%.
Lotte plans to focus on Vietnam after withdrawing from China
- Lotte Group chairman plans to go to Vietnam next week. Currently, Lotte is actively operating overseas businesses in Vietnam and Indonesia, especially the robust growing Vietnamese retail market with plenty of room for development.
- Vietnam is considered as the third-most important market for Lotte Group after Korea and Japan. Lotte currently operates 270 Lotteria restaurants and 15 Lotte Mart stores. Lotte Group’s other affiliates are also jointly building large-scale shopping complexes and residential apartments in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- T+1.5 Settlement will officially go live on 29 Aug 2022. Meaning investors who trade (Buy/sell) will settle before 13.00 on 29 Aug and can trade in PM Session of 29 Aug 2022.
- According to SBV, as of 15 Aug 2022, the credit of the whole economy reached over $497.8 bn (+9.62% ytd). With a growth target of 14%, in the last 4 months of 2022, the credit balance of the whole economy can increase by 4.38% on the balance at the beginning of the year, equivalent to about $19.9 bn.
- VCB, CTG, BID and Agribank are expected to be easier on grating new credit room.
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp.)
- In July 2022, revenue increased by 16% yoy and PAT increased by 32% yoy due to the significant impact of the serious Covid -19 in July 2021.
- 7M2022, revenue of $3.5 bn (+14% yoy), of which: Thegioididong and Dien May Xanh revenue reached $2.8 bn (+21% yoy) and Bach Hoa Xanh revenue reached $660.8 mn (-14% yoy). At the end of July, there are 1,735 Bach Hoa Xanh stores in the nationwide with average revenue of $1.3bn/month. MWG expects that Bach Hoa Xanh will reach the breakeven point and have profit since 2023.
- MWG hired an adviser to explore the sales of BHX in a deal expected to value the business at more than $1.5 billion. MWG announced the plan of issuing 20% BHX via private placement previously and expected to complete in Q1/2023. It would be the second largest deal following $4.8 billion acquisition of SAB in 2017.
PNJ (Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC)
- July 2022, revenues of $109.1 mn (+413.6% yoy) and PAT of $3.4 mn (compared to the loss of $1.4 mn in July 2021 resulting from when all PNJ ’s stores in HCMC were closed due to social distancing measures).
- 7M2022, revenue of $900.9 mn (+71%yoy) and PAT of $50.7 mn (+66.1% yoy). Retail revenue (59% total revenue) increased by 78% yoy, wholesales revenue (12% total revenue) increased by 50% yoy and gold bar revenue (27% total revenue) increased by 76% yoy.
- At end-July 2022, PNJ had 332 gold stores, 8 standalone silver stores, 3 CAO Fine stores (PNJ’s luxury jewelry brand), 4 Style by PNJ stores, 1 PNJ Watch store and three PNJ Art stores. (Source: PNJ)
TCM (Thanh Cong Textile Garment Investment Trading JSC)
- In July 2022, revenue of $17 mn (+18% yoy), of which garment accounted for 78%, fabrics contributed 15% and yarn made up 6% total revenue. By export market: Korea (29.91%), US (28.7%), Japan (20.01%), Canada (4.63%), EU (2.7%). PAT of $1.5 mn, which is +2.24 times higher than the low base of the same period last year.
- 7M2022, revenue of $108.3 mn (+13% yoy, completed 61% target year 2022) and PAT of $6.72 mn (+17% yoy, completed 62% target year 2022)
- Until Aug 2022, TCM has received enough orders for Q3/2022 and nearly 80% orders for the revenue target for Q4/2022. (Source: TCM)
TLG (Thien Long Group Corporation)
- In July 2022, revenue of $14.29 mn (+62% yoy) and PAT of $2.51 mn (+195% yoy) due to the modest results in July 2021 resulted from the tense condition of Covid-19 epidemic in Vietnam and the rest of the World.
- 7M2022 revenue at $95.65 mn (+35% yoy) and PAT of $15.52 mn (+83% yoy) thanks to: economies recovery, and students preparing to go back to schools boosted demand for Thien Long’s products in both domestic and export markets. (Source: TLG).
SHS (Saigon – Hanoi Securities JSC)
- SHS was removed from margin lending list as 1H2022 PAT turned negative after audit, effective from 23 Aug 2022. Specifically, audited 1H2022 PAT recorded a loss of $2.97 mn.
ROS (FLC Faros Construction JSC)
- HOSE issued a decision on delisting of nearly 568 million ROS shares. The effective date of delisting is 5 Sep 2022. ROS has seriously violated the obligation to disclose information and other cases.
- Earlier, HOSE had decided to suspend the company from trading its shares on HoSE from 12 Aug 2022. (Source: HSX)
VIC (Vingroup JSC)
- VIC will build the “global intellectual connection center – a Silicon Valley” over the next three years in Khanh Hoa province to bring together the world’s greatest minds, professionals owning patents, and in-depth researchs.
MSN (Masan Group Corp.)
- The Sherpa – MSN’s subsidiary, acquired 34% stake of Phuc Long Heritage for total value of $156.52 mn, increasing its ownership from 51% to 85%.
CTD (Coteccons Construction JSC)
- 22 Aug 2022, CTD and LEGO Manufacturing Vietnam Co., Ltd (LMV) officially signed a cooperation agreement on the construction of a LEGO factory in Binh Duong province with an investment value of $1 bn. As the General Contractor, CTD will take care of all construction, structural, M&E and finishing works with a construction floor area of up to 163,000 m2.
- The project is expected to be launched in Q4/2022 and start operating in 2024. (Source: CTD)
HBC (Hoa Binh Construction Group JSC)
- HBC approved the investment policy of two foreign projects. Specifically, HBC will invest $3.1 mn in the 88 James project in Canada and the second project is Regent Street in Australia with an investment of $1.6 mn. HBC will focus on Canada, Australia, the US, and Europe markets.
- HBC approved private placement of 5 million shares (2.04% OS) to Sanei Arrchitecture Planning Co. Ltd (Japan) at price of 32,500 vnd/share (Time: Q3-Q4/2022). HBC continues to seek other investors to issue additional 69 million shares (28.2% OS). (Source: HBC)
- Mr. Le Viet Hai (Chairman) bought 1.63 million HBC shares out of 6.63 million shares registered via order matching from 27 Jul to 25 Aug, increasing his ownership from17.21% to 17.86% (43,913,140 shares). (Source: HSX)
KDH (Khang Dien House Trading and Investment JSC)
- KDH approved to issue $34.78 mn private placement bonds. These are unsecured, non-convertible bond, without warrants. Tenor is 3 years and interest rate is fixed at 12%/year. The issuance date is expected to be no later than the end of Q3/2022.
- The proceed will be invested in its subsidiary, International Consulting Limited, so that this unit could increase capital for its subsidiary, Binh Trung Real Estate Investment and Business, from to $72.17 mn. (Source: KDH)
MIG (Military Insurance Company)
- Issuance of 25.74 million shares (ratio 115:18) to existing shareholders at price of 10,000 VND/share.
- Issuance of 2.86 million ESOP shares (1.74% OS) at price of 10,000 VND/share.
- Expected time: 2022. (Source: MIG)
EIB (Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Export Import Bank)
- EIB plans to issue 245.9 million shares to pay stock dividend (2017-2021) at ratio 20%. Expected time: Q3/2022
HT1 (Vicem Ha Tien Cement JSC)
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Hong Nhung (related person to board member) sold all 1.5 million HT1 shares (0.405% OS) on 23 Aug 2022. (Source: HSX)
VSC (Vietnam Container Shipping JSC)
- Ms. Ta Kim Chi (related person) sold all 6.5 million VSC shares (6.9% OS) on 19 Aug 2022. (Source: HSX)