FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 21/11 – 25/11/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Vietnam Trade Balance in first half of Nov 2022
- In the first half of Nov 2022, total exports of $13.63 bn (-7% yoy) and imports of $14.78 bn (-2.1% yoy) resulted in a trade deficit of $1.15 bn.
- Accumulated from the beginning of the year: exports of $326.68 bn (+14.8% yoy) and imports of $318.02 bn (+11.4% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $8.66 bn. (Source: Custom)
Fubon FTSE Vietnam ETF
- Fubon FTSE Vietnam ETF has been recently approved for the additional capital raising of around US$ 160 mn from the Financial Supervisory Commission of Taiwan, raising its total AUM of about US$ 980 mn.
- IFC – proposes loans total $320 mn for 3 Vietnamese banks:
- SHB: 3-year senior loan up to $120m
- OCB: 5-year senior loan up to $100m.
- VIB: 5-year senior unsecured loan up to $100m
- Loans will be used to support growth for SHB’s SME (small and medium enterprises) and SCF (supply chain finance) portfolio and while supporting for housing portfolio of OCB and VIB.
Real Estate sector
- Ho Chi Minh City Real Estate Association (HoREA) proposes to Ministry of Finance to apply for government permission for a 1-year grace period on corporate bond to ease pressure payment and enhance confidence in the bond market.
- Additionally, HoREA proposes to SBV and the government additional 1% credit quota in this year, equivalent to $4.02 bn to the economy, of which property sector could absorb 20%.
- In Nov 2022, 8.67 million passengers passed through local airports, increasing by 630% yoy and 7% mom. Accumulated from the beginning of the year, Vietnamese airports handled 90.8 million passengers, of which: foreigners reached 9.8 million (+2,041% yoy) and domestic passengers reached 81 million (191.3% yoy). (Source: The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam _CAAV)
- Viet Nam’s airlines served 45 million passengers (+217.1% yoy), including 4.4 million foreign arrivals (+3,146% yoy).
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp.)
- In Oct 2022, revenue of $438.3 mn (-11% yoy) and PAT of $14.32 mn (-37% yoy) due to weak demand in ICT and CE sector.
- 10M2022 revenue of $4.57 bn (+14.9% yoy, completed 81% target year), of which: TGDD and DMX revenue reached $1.22 bn and $2.38 bn, respectively, accounting for 79% total revenue; BHX reached $897 mn, accounting for 19.6%. PAT of $154.42 mn (-1.7% yoy, completed 60% target year).
- Currently, MWG owns 1,163 TGDD stores 2,269 DMX stores, 1,729 BHX stores, 529 AnKhang pharmacies, 71 AVAKids stores and 14 AVASport stores. (Source: MWG)
TCBS (Techcom Securities JSC)
- TCBS is seeking shareholders’ approval on amendment of private placement plan:
- BOD wants to issue 105 million shares to Techcombank (TCB) via private placement at 95,000 VND/share.
- Purpose: to maintain position in core segments including stocks, bonds, investments, and asset management.
- Charter capital will increase to $87.53 mn after the placement if successful.
BVS (Baoviet Securities Company)
- BVS approved the plan to redeem all $4mn bonds before maturity, implementation time: 30 Nov 2022. (Source: HNX)
KBC (Kinh Bac City Development Holding Corp.)
- The Prime Minister approves 2 subsidiaries of KBC to invest in 2 industrial park projects in Long An province:
- Tan Tap industrial park: total area of 654 ha, capex of $402.25 mn, to be developed by Long An Investment Development JSC (of which KBC hold 60% stakes).
- Loc Giang industrial park: total area of 466 ha, investment capital of $209.17 mn, to be developed by Sai Gon – Tay Bac Urban Development JSC (of which KBC holds 74% stakes).
NVL (No Va Land Investment Group Corp.)
- MBS announced to implement a mortgage settlement of 3 million NVL shares owned by NovaGroup. The implement time will be from 22 Nov via matching/ put-through method.
- Mirae Assets has also cut margin lending for NVL.
- NovaGroup (related to Chairman) registered to sell 150 million NVL shares (7.69% OS) via put through from 30 Nov to 29 Dec 2022, decreasing its ownership from 36.461% to 28.768% (560,929,310 shares). (Source: HSX).
GEX (GELEX Group JSC)
- GEX has approved the repurchase of $3.12 mn before maturity. Along with that, GEX also announced the repurchase of two other bond lots with the total value of $2.61 mn. (Source: GEX)
- Dragon Capital sold 1.35 million GEX shares on 18 Nov 2022, decreasing their ownership from 4.85% to 4.69% (39,944,488 shares). (Source: HSX)
(Development Investment Construction JSC)
- DIG has just completed the early redemption of $64.4 mn of bonds by direct agreement with bond holders. Post transaction, the total outstanding bond of DIC Corp is $73.1 mn
- The bonds belong to 2 lots of bonds issued by DIC Corp in 2021, with a term of 36 months, with a total value of $100.6 mn and the bondholder is a bank.
PDR (Phat Dat Real Estate Development JSC)
- PDR approved the transfer of 89% OS of Hoa Binh Real Estate JSC (equivalent to 28.4 mn shares), developer of Complex apartments, commercial center and offices located at 197 Dien Bien Phu Street (Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City).
- Mr. Bui Quang Anh Vu (CEO) registered to buy 20 million PDR shares from 24 Nov to 23 Dec via matching or put-through method, increasing his ownership from 0.48% to 3.45% (23,211,105 shares). (Source: HSX).
- Maybank Securities and MB Securities announced to force sell 3,125,000 shares (1.47% OS) owned by Chairman Nguyen Van Dat from 22 Nov 2022. Post transaction, he holds 329,025,160 shares (48.99% OS).
- The Department of Construction of Binh Dinh province announced “Cadia project” has not yet ensured the conditions of the real estate to be operated in accordance with the law on real estate business.
BMI (Bao Minh Insurance Corp.)
- SCIC Investment One Member Co., Ltd (SIC) registered to buy 3.91 million BMI shares (3.57% OS) via order matching or put through from 24 Nov to 23 Dec, increasing its ownership from 0.08% to 3.65% (4 million shares). (Source: HSX)
MSB (Vietnam Maritime Commercial Join Stock Bank)
- Ms. Dinh Thi To Uyen (Vice CEO) registered to buy 2 million MSB shares via order matching or put through from 1 Dec to 30 Dec 2022, increasing her ownership to 0.106% (2.11 million shares). (Source: HSX)
FPT (FPT Corp.)
- SCIC Investment One Member Co., Ltd (SIC) registered to buy 1 million FPT shares (0.09% OS) via order matching or put through from 24 Nov to 23 Dec2022. SIC currently holds zero share of FPT. (Source: HSX)
SBT (Thanh Thanh Cong – Bien Hoa JSC)
- Ms. Huynh Bich Ngoc (Chairwoman) registered to buy 2 million SBT shares via order matching from 28 Nov to 27 Dec 2022, increasing her ownership from 10.71% to 11.02% (71,724,473 shares).
- Ms Dang Huynh Uc My (Vice Chairwoman) registered to buy 5 million SBT shares via order matching from 29 Nov to 28 Dec 2022, increasing her ownership from 15.39% to 16.15% (105,137,492 shares). (Source: HSX)
NLG (Nam Long Investment Corp.)
- Dragon Capital bought 780,000 NLG shares on 17 Nov 2022, increasing their ownership from 5.95% to 6.15% (23,637,163 shares). (Source: HSX)
DGC (Duc Giang Chemicals Group JSC)
- Mr. Dao Huu Huyen (Chairman) bought 1 million DGC from 17 Nov to 16 Dec 2022, increasing his ownership from 18.11% to 18.38% (69,794,354 shares).
- Dragon Capital sold 4,861,400 DGC shares from 18 Nov to 21 Nov 2022, decreasing their ownership from 7.14% to 5.86% (22,257,680 shares). (Source: HSX)