FIDES (VIETNAM) Market Statistics 21/2 – 25/2/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Number of passengers through airports soars 57.8% in Feb 2022
- The number of passengers travelling through local airports in February grew by 57.8% yoy to reach over 6.1 million passengers, according to statistics released by the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV). Of which there were 105,000 international visitors, +350% yoy, while domestic visitors reached over 6 million arrivals, +56.1% yoy.
- Cargo transported through airports soared by 27.6% yoy to 113,000 tonnes.
- Also in February 2022, domestic airlines transported more than three million passengers, +56.8% yoy. Of the total, there were 39,400 international visitors and nearly three million domestic visitors.
- Vietnam has reopened international routes to and from 20 countries and territories, while the pre COVID-19 figure in the winter of 2019, was 28 countries and territories.
Vietnam records 3.9 billion USD trade deficit in first half of Feb
- In the first half of Feb, total exports of $8.75 billion (-15.5% yoy) and imports of $12.66 billion (+35% yoy) resulted in a trade deficit of $3.9 billion.
- Accumulated from the beginning of the year: export of $39.58 billion (+2.7% yoy) and imports of $42.11 billion (+17.5% yoy) resulted in a trade deficit of $2.53 billion. (Source: Custom)
Vietnam plans to reduce environment tax on gasoline and diesel
- PM requires MoF – MoiT to research and propose the plan to reduce environmental taxes on gasoline and diesel to 28 Feb 2022. Currently the environmental tax on RON 95 is 4,000 vnd/liter, E5 3,800 VND/liter and diesel 2,000 VND/liter. This is first action of the government to control CPI in the coming time
- SSC approved for VND to issue 782.9 mn new shares including:
- 434.94 million shares : New issuance for existing shareholders ratio 1:1 (100%) at the selling price of 10,000 VND/share;
- 348 million shares: Bonus share ratio 80% for current shareholders.
- After issue successfully, VND’s charter capital will increase from $189.09 million to $529.48 million.
PNJ (Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC)
- PNJ : Revenue reached $151.1 million (+60.2% yoy) and PAT reached $11.7 million (+60.7% yoy) in Jan 2022. This is the highest level since the announcement of monthly profit thanks to the strong growth from the retail channel in the context that the economy is still affected by the Covid-19 epidemic.
- PNJ approved the resolution regarding the private placement of 15 million shares (6.6% OS) at price of VND95,000 per share. 7.35 million shares (49% private placement) will be issued to foreign investors. Locked up 3 years for strategic investors and 1 year for professional investors. Time: 1H2022. (Source: PNJ)
PLX (Viet Nam National Petroleum Group)
- Sales volume of Jan +30% yoy due to shortage of gasoline sources at small gasoline distributors in terms of low utilization rate of Nghi Son Refinery.
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp.)
- BoD approves to issue 19.2 million ESOP shares (2.7% OS) at the price of VND10,000 per share. Lockup: 4 years. Expected execution time: Mar – Apr. (Source:MWG)
VIC (Vingroup JSC)
- More than 8.7 million shares will befficially trade on 25 Feb.These are shares converted from preferred shares of Hanwah Vietnam Opportunity Private Fund 1. Conversion price at VND94,381 per share. (Source: HSX)
VHM (Vinhomes JSC)
- VHM will invest more than $404.3 million in an industrial park of 1,236 ha in Vung Ang (Ha Tinh). Of which, capital contributed from VHM is $60.7 million (15%), capital mobilized from commercial banks and credit institutions is more than $344.1 million (accounting for 85%).
PVD (PV Drilling & Well Services Corp.)
- PVD plans to pay stock dividend for 2019-2020 at ratio 20% (5 existing shares will get 1 new share). The payment time is expected before Jun 20th 2022
PV Gas (PetroVietnam Gas JSC)
- 2022 business guidance: revenue of $3.48 billion (+1.28% yoy) and PAT of $306.04 million (-20% yoy). (Source: GAS)
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Luong Tri Thin (Chairman) registers to buy 20.72 million shares of DXG, including 725,000 ESOP shares and 20 millions shares over order-matching or put-through. Mr. Thin will increase his ownership from 84.1 million shares (14.08%) to 104.9 million shares (17.34%). Expected time: from 28 Feb to 29 Mar. (Source: HSX)
CII (Ho Chi Minh City Infrastructure Investment JSC)
- CII sold 3.5 million out of 44.3 million treasury shares registered from 24 Jan to 22 Feb. Average selling price: VND35,128/share. After the transactions, the company holds 40.8 million treasury shares. (Source: HSX)