FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 19/9 – 23/9/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Feb raises interest rates
- Fed hiked interest rates by 75bps to 3.0-3.25%, the highest level since 2008. The dot-plot chart shows that Fed can increase the base rate to reach 4.4% by the end of 2022 and peak at 4.6% in 2023.
ADB keeps Vietnam 2022 growth forecast unchanged at 6.5%
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) downgraded the Asia developing countries GDP growth outlook to 4.3% but retain the Vietnam GDP growth forecast of 6.5% in 2022 and 6.7% in 2023, driven by a faster-than-expected bounce back of manufacturing and services.
Vietnam Trade Balance in first half of Sep 2022
- In the first half of Sep, total exports of $12.75 bn (+10.1% yoy) and imports of $13.59 bn (+3.5% yoy) resulted in a trade deficit of $840 mn.
- Accumulated from the beginning of the year, exports of $265.34 bn (+17.8% yoy) and imports of $260.7 bn (+13.2% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $4.64 bn. (Source: Custom)
- The Bank of Vietnam (SBV) decided to raise the deposit rate ceiling, refinancing rate and discount rate for the first time in two years.
- Accordingly, the deposit rate ceiling for term deposits from one month to less than six months will increase by 1% from 4% to 5%/ year. The refinance rate and discount rate will advance by 1% from 4% to 5%/year and from 2.5% to 3.5% /year, respectively.
- Interest rates for overnight electric clearance will climb from 5% to 6%/year. (Source: SBV)
Petroleum sector: Petrol prices continue to drop
- From 21 Sep 2022, the price of RON95 decreased by 630 VND per litre to 22,580 VND ($0.98) per litre (-2.71%), while that of E5 RON92 decreased by 450 VND per litre to 21,780 VND ($0.95) per litre (-2.02%). The price of diesel oil decreased by 1,650 VND per litre to 22,530 VND ($0.98) per litre (-6.82%), that of kerosene increased by 1,970 VND per litre to 22,440 VND ($0.98) per litre (-8.1%) and the mazut price increased by 380 VND to 14,650 VND ($0.64) a liter (-2.53%).
- Chery, Chinese largest car exporter, collaborates with Geleximco, a Vietnamese multi-industry private group, to invest in a $800 mn factory based in Thai Binh province with total area of 50ha renting from Viglacera (HSX: VGC). The factory focuses on producing electric vehicles and other automobile part for exports. Phase 1: capex of $300 mn, capacity of 50,000 cars/year, to be operated in Q3/2024. Phase 2: capex of $500 mn, capacity of 100,000 cars/year, to be operated in 2023.
- According to VASEP, average pangasius export price to the US market in Aug 2022 increased by 56% yoy and 2% mom to USD5 per kg. In Aug 2022, export value to the US reached $33 mn (+45% yoy) as low base effect.
- 8M2022, Vietnam pangasius exports reached over $1.8 bn (+81% yoy). In which, pangasius exports to the US accounted for 23%, equivalent to $421 mn (+87% yoy). (Source: VASEP)
GAS (PetroVietnam Gas JSC)
- 8M2022 preliminary, revenue of $2.9 bn (+33% yoy) and PAT of $421.9 mn (+75% yoy), driven by a 49.2% yoy increase in average fuel oil price and flat yoy gas sales volume in 8M2022.
BSR (Binh Son Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited)
- Estimated business results in Aug 2022, revenue of $630.43 mn and 8M2022 revenue of $4.9 bn (+86% yoy, completed 123% target year).
PNJ (Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC)
- In Aug 2022, revenue of $101.2 mn (+1,338% yoy) and PAT of $3.4 mn (compared to the loss of $3.4 mn in Aug 2021 resulting from when all PNJ ’s stores in HCMC were closed due to social distancing measures).
- 8M2022, revenue of $1 bn (+87.6% yoy, completed 89.2% target year 2022) and PAT of $54.2 mn (+99.4% yoy, completed 94.4% target year 2022). Retail revenue (59.7% total revenue) increased by 96.2% yoy, wholesales revenue (12.3% total revenue) increased by 50% yoy and gold bar revenue (26.6% total revenue) increased by 87.5% yoy.
- At end-Aug 2022, PNJ had 353 stores: 334 PNJ Gold stores, 8 PNJ silver stores, 3 CAO Fine stores (PNJ’s luxury jewelry brand), 4 Style by PNJ stores, 1 PNJ Watch store and 3 PNJ Art stores. (Source: PNJ)
FPT (FPT Corp.)
- 8M2022: revenue of $1.18 bn (+23.9% yoy, completed 63.8% target year 2022) and PBT of $215.3 mn (+23.6% yoy, completed 65% target year 2022).
- The technology segment: revenue reached $673.1 mn (+24.1% yoy) and PBT reached $98.1 mn (+25% yoy).
- The telecom segment: revenue reached $415.7 mn (+17% yoy) and PBT reached $83.9 mn (+21.8% yoy).
- The education segment remained robust, with revenue growth of 69.3% yoy and PBT growth of 24.3% yoy. (Source: FPT)
TCM (Thanh Cong Textile Garment Investment Trading JSC)
- In Aug 2022, revenue of $19.4 mn (+185% yoy), of which garment accounted for 77%, fabrics contributed 15% and yarn made up 7% total revenue. By export market: US (39.57%), Japan (21.59%), Korea (20.2%), EU (2.2%). PAT of $1.37 mn (+485% yoy).
- 8M2022, revenue of $127.72 mn (+20% yoy, completed 72% target year 2022) and PAT of $8.09 mn (+48% yoy, completed 75% target year 2022)
- Until Aug 2022, TCM has received enough orders for Q3/2022, nearly 80% orders for the revenue target for Q4/2022 and starting to receive some orders for Q1/2023 (Source: TCM)
TNG (TNG Investment and Trading JSC)
- In Aug 2022, revenue of $30.3 mn (+21% yoy) and PAT of $1.63 mn (+31% yoy).
- 8M2022, revenue of $204.57 mn (+33% yoy, completed 78% target year 2022) and PAT of $13.22 mn (+44% yoy, completed 73% target year 2022). (Source: TNG)
ACG (An Cuong Wood – Working JSC)
- ACG will delist on UPCoM on Sep 28th and be listed on HSX soon. (Source: State Securities Commission of Vietnam_ SSC)
PC1 (PC1 Group JSC)
- PC1 approved the plan of issuing 35.2mn shares for paying stock dividend, ratio 15%. Expected time: Q4/2022, after the approval of the State Securities Commission (SSC). (Source: PC1)
TNH (Thai Nguyen International Hospital JSC)
- Plan to issue 25.9 million shares to existing shareholders with a right exercise ratio of 2:1, offering price: 20,000 VND/share (discount 50% vs market price). Expected time: from Q4/2022 to Q2/2023.
- Issuance of 15.5 million shares (ratio: 30%) to pay dividend 2021 and 2.5 million ESOP shares (4.82% OS) at 10,000 VND/share. (Source: TNH)
PET (Petrovietnam General Services JSC Corporation)
- Plan to issue 44.9 million shares to existing shareholders with a right exercise ratio of 2:1, offering price: 15,000 VND/share (discount 38% vs market price) and 8.98 million shares (ratio: 10%) to pay dividend 2021. Expected time: 2022 – 2023, after the approval of the State Securities Commission (SSC). (Source: PET)
IDC (IDC Corporation – JSC)
- BoD approved to establish Idergy JSC with main business line of electricity generation, transmission, and distribution. Charter capital: $4.35 mn, of which IDC contribute 99.99% stakes. (Source: IDC)
VPB (Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- Bonus shares: 50%. Ex-date: 28 Sep 2022. (Source: HSX)
HDB (Ho Chi Minh City Development Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- Stock dividend 2021: 25%. Ex-date: 26 Sep 2022. (Source: HSX)
ANV (Nam Viet Corp.)
- Mr. Doan Chi Thien (CEO’s son) registered to sell 4.99 million ANV shares (3.78% OS) via order matching or put through from 22 Sep to 21 Oct 2022, decreasing his ownership from 6.88% to 3.1% (4,099,999 shares). (Source: HSX)
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Mr. Luong Tri Thin (Chairman) bought 5 million DXG shares from 23 Aug to 21 Sep 2022, increasing his holding from 18.04% to 18.86% (114,890,948 shares). (Source: HSX)
KBC (Kinh Bac City Development Holding Corp.)
- Kinh Bac Investment & Consultant Corp. bought 1.5 million KBC shares on 19 Sep 2022, increasing its ownership from 7.91% to 8.11% (62,255,783 shares). (Source: HSX)
GEG (Gia Lai Electricity JSC)
- Thanh Thanh Cong Investment JSC (relating to GEG’s CEO) sold 3.2 million GEG shares from 17 Aug to 14 Sep 2022, decreasing its ownership from 17.8% to 16.79% (54,053,893 shares). (Source: HSX)