FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 18/04 – 22/04/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Vietnam trade balance in first half of Apr 2022
- In the first half of Apr, total exports of $15.28 billion (+20.1% yoy) and imports of $16.89 billion (+20.1% yoy) resulted in a trade deficit of $1.62 billion.
- Accumulated from the beginning of the year: exports of $104.34 billion (+14.4% yoy) and imports of $104.48 billion (+16.4% yoy) resulted in a trade deficit of $140 million. (Source: Custom)
Vietnam’s public investment disbursement in Q1/2022
- More than $2.68 bn of public investment was disbursed in Q1/2022, equivalent to 11% of this year’s target and lower than the rate of 13.17% for the same period last year, according to the Ministry of Finance.
The MoF proposes to delay raising taxes and land rents to control inflation this year.
- The MoF (Ministry of Finance) is preparing to submit to the Government for the extension of collection of some taxes and land rents, estimated at about $5.87 bn, for a period of 3, 6 and 9 months.
Vietnam’s daily stock trading value ranks second in ASEAN
- The average daily trading value on Vietnam’s stock market has reached more than $1.34 bn per session so far this year, up 15.9% yoy and became the second largest in ASEAN, only after Thailand.
- By the end of March, the market size had risen by 3.37% ytd to close to $78.13 bn, equivalent to 21.4% of the GDP. There are 768 securities, fund certificates listed on the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) and the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HOSE) and 883 stocks traded on the Unlisted Public Company Market (UPCOM).
- Total securities accounts reached 4.98 million (+15.7% ytd), approximately 5% of the population.
Securities market margin balance still set record at the end of Q1/2022
- At 31 March 2022, margin loan balance of securities companies continued to set a record with over $8.74 bn (+3% qoq). SSI is the largest margin lender in the Q1/2022, followed by Mirae Asset, VNDirect and TCBS.
|Securities Companies Result Q1/2022|
|Ticker||Name||PBT (mil$)||yoy||Margin lending (mil$)||yoy|
|SSI||SSI Securities Corp||38.40||66.6%||921.87||95.0%|
|HCM||Ho Chi Minh City Securities Corp.||15.39||-12.0%||631.43||6.0%|
|VCI||Viet Capital Securities JSC||22.65||43.0%||338.35||3.6%|
|SHS||Saigon – Hanoi Securities JSC||17.87||21.6%||191.30||85.0%|
|BVS||Baoviet Securities Company||2.65||-21.6%||118.13||32.0%|
PNJ (Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC)
- Q1/2022: Revenue of $439 mn (+41% yoy) and PAT of $31.34 mn (+41% yoy). (Source: PNJ)
VHC (Vinh Hoan Corp.)
- Q1/2022: Revenue of $142.35 mn (+83% yoy) and PAT of $24.04 mn (+307% yoy) thanks to robust growth in the pangasius segment (+79.4% yoy). The strong increase in gross margin (from 15.2% in Q1/2021 to 24.1% in Q1/2022) was because of higher export price. (Source: VHC)
VPB (Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- Q1/2022 PAT of $377.04 mn (+170.8% yoy), driven by both strong core profit (+41% yoy) and the one-off booking of upfront fees related to bancassurance deal with AIA.
- Credit growth was strong (+10.3% ytd at the parent bank, +1.8% at FE Credit) and NIMs have started to recover. Asset quality remained stable (2.26% NPL ratio at the parent bank, 14.8% at FE Credit).
FPT (FPT Corp.)
- Q1/2022: Revenue of $423 mn (+28.3% yoy) and PAT of $53.9 mn (+36.7% yoy)
- The technology segment led earnings with 34.6% yoy sales growth and 39.2% yoy PBT growth. Growth momentum is strong, driven by 57% yoy increase in new global market orders.
- The telecom segment was also solid with 18.7% yoy growth in sales and 21.7% yoy growth in PBT. (Source: FPT)
DPM (Petrovietnam Fertilizer & Chemicals Corp.)
- Q1/2022: Revenue of $253.43 mn (+199.7% yoy) and PAT of $91.91 mn (+12.4x yoy). These robust results were driven by (1) robust urea and NH3 prices which grew by 151.4% yoy and 172.6% yoy, and (2) a strong sale volume growth of 30.5% YoY. Strong selling prices and volume outweighed the negative impact of a 36.7% yoy hike in gas input cost.
MIG (Military Insurance Company)
- Target 2022: PBT minimum growth of 35% yoy ($16.49 mn. BoD aims to reach the top 3 in Vietnam’s non-life insurance regarding market share. The company expects to increase its market share this year to 8% (from 7.3%), reaching top 4.
- 2022 dividend: minimum of 10%.
- 2021 dividend: 15% stock. Expected time: Q4/2022.
- Issuance of 25.74 million shares (ratio 115:18) to existing shareholders at VND10,000 per share and 2.86 million ESOP shares (2% OS) at VND10,000 per share.
- Q1/2022: PAT of $2.96 mn, +81.85% yoy.
VIC (Vingroup JSC)
- Target 2022: Revenue of $6.09 bn (+11.4% yoy) and PAT of $260.87 mn, a sharp increase compared to a loss of $329.9 mn in 2021. This year, Vingroup will promote business activities of 3 main pillars: industrial technology, commercial service and social charity. (Source: VIC)
VRE (Vincom Retail JSC)
- Target 2022: Revenue of $347.83 mn (+35.8% yoy) and PAT of $104.35 mn (+82.5% yoy). VRE plans to pay no dividend in 2021.
- VRE will open 3 new commercial centers in 2022 with a total area of 95,000m2, bringing the total GFA (Gross Floor Area) to nearly 1.8 million m2, including Vincom Mega Mall Smart City (Hanoi) and 2 Vincom Plazas. (Source: VRE)
VHM (Vinhomes JSC)
- Target 2022: Revenue of $3.26 bn (-12% yoy) and PAT of $1.3 bn (-23% yoy).
- 2021 dividend: 20% cash. Time: Q3 or Q4/2022. (Source: VHM)
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Mr Luong Tri Thin (Chairman) registered to buy 5 million DXG shares from 27 Apr to 26 May 2022, increasing his ownership from 17.22% to 18.04% (109,890,948 shares). (Source: DXG)
GEX (GELEX Group JSC)
- Mr Nguyen Van Tuan (CEO) registered to buy 10 million GEX shares from 25 Apr to 24 May 2022, increasing his ownership from 22.58% to 23.75% (202,275,993 shares). (Source: GEX)
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp.)
- Dragon Capital bought 3.83 million MWG shares from 15 Apr 2022, increasing its ownership from 9.96% to 10.49% (76,757,541 share). (Source: HSX)