FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 17/10 – 21/10/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Vietnam trade balance in first half of Oct 2022
- In the first half of Oct, total exports of $14.11 bn (+7.0% yoy) and imports of $13.64 bn (+4.4% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $0.47 bn.
- Accumulated from the beginning of the year: exports of $296.34 bn (+16.6% yoy) and imports of $289.09 bn (+12.3% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $7.24 bn. (Source: Custom)
- The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) adjusted the USD/VND spot exchange rate band from ±3% to ±5%, effective from 17 Oct 2022. SBV also raised USD/VND ask rate to 24,380 from 23,925. (Source: State Bank of Vietnam)
- Overall, VND has been depreciating about 7% since the beginning of the year.
VinaCapital Ventures is looking to launching its second $100 mn fund next year
- VinaCapital Ventures (VinaCapital) plans to launch its second $100 mn fund in 2023. VinaCapital Ventures II, the new fund, targets at fast-growing tech firms in consumer, finance, healthcare, agriculture, and travel sectors, as well as such new fields as food waste and food safety solutions, blockchain, and electric car production.
- Ho Chi Minh City-based VinaCapital had more than $3.7 billion in assets under management as of the end of 2021.
Brokerage: Margin loan in Q3/2022
- Outstanding loans at securities companies suddenly is estimated to increase by 8.6% (QoQ) in Q3/2022 to $6.65 bn.
- The largest margin loan provider was held by Mirae Asset, followed by SSI, TCBS, VND and HCM.
|Brokerage: Result business Q3/2022 (PBT, mil.$)|
|SSI||SSI Securities Corp||16.61||-54.0%||59.80||-15.0%||669.0||-32.0%|
|HCM||Ho Chi Minh City Securities Corp.||8.96||-48.0%||39.52||-21.0%||475.1||-20.0%|
|VCI||Viet Capital Securities JSC||6.66||-61.6%||60.80||-18.9%||278.2||-14.9%|
|VND||VNDirect Securities Corp||5.04||-83.0%||74.74||-5.6%||550.6||-12.0%|
|SHS||Saigon – Hanoi Securities JSC||4.65||-65.0%||0.89||-98.0%||133.4||-36.9%|
|BVS||Baoviet Securities Company||2.06||11.4%||61.80||-44.3%||100.0||-14.0%|
|FTS||FPT Securities JSC||-1.50||na||14.39||-56.6%||189.1||249.0%|
|TCBS||Techcom Securities JSC||31.77||-27.1%||62.80||-3.8%||648.1||1.6%|
|VPS||VPB Securities Coporation||14.34||9.5%||39.67||21.5%||345.8||-11.4%|
|MBS||MB Securities JSC||6.60||-34.0%||24.13||6.7%||287.3||7.6%|
|TVSI||Tan Viet Securities JSC||3.26||-59.0%||18.17||-10.0%||134.7||-30.0%|
|Banks Result 9M2022: PBT (mil. USD)|
|VPB||Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank||814||67.3%||185||69%||5.02%|
|TCB||Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank||275||20.7%||854||21.8%||0.65%|
|TPB||Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank||88||54.1%||243||34.9%||0..91%|
|VIB||Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank||116||86%||186||37%||<2%|
|SHB||Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank||136||74%||378||79%||1.3%|
|STB||Sai Gon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank||64||86%||186||37%||<2%|
|SSB||Southeast Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank||136||74%||378||79%||<1.3%|
- The MoF (Ministry of Finance) proposes a plan to adjust the export tax rate for fertilizers.
- Specifically, fertilizer products (urea, phosphate, superphosphate, DAP, MAP, etc.) will be applied an export tax rate of 5%. Particularly, NPK is proposed to impose a 0% export tax rate due to the excess domestic supply…
SAB (Saigon Beer – Alcohol – Beverage Corp.)
- Q3/2022, revenue of $375.44 mn (+101.64% yoy) and PAT of $58.35 mn (+202.26% yoy) due to the low base in Q3/2021 (social distancing restrictions).
- 9M2022, revenue of 1.08 bn (+43.46% yoy) and PAT of $181.76 mn (+76.88% yoy). (Source: SAB)
PNJ (Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC)
- In Sep 2022, revenues of $98 mn (+11.7x yoy) and PAT of $4.09 mn (compared to the loss of $2.13 mn in Sep 2021 resulting from 73% PNJ stores closing during lockdowns).
- Q3/2022, revenue of $320.17 mn (+739% yoy) and PAT of $10.96 mn (compared to the loss of $6.96 mn in Q3/2021).
- 9M2022, revenue of $1.11 bn (+104.4%yoy, completed 99% target) and PAT of $58.26 mn (+132.7% yoy). Retail revenue (57.6% total revenue) increased by 113.3% yoy, wholesales revenue (13.7% total revenue) increased by 84.7% yoy and gold bar revenue (26.4% total revenue) increased by 104.2% yoy. PAT of $58.26 mn (+132.7% yoy, completed 101.5% target year).
- At end-Sep 2022, PNJ had 334 gold stores, 8 standalone silver stores, 3 CAO Fine stores (PNJ’s luxury jewelry brand), 4 Style by PNJ stores, 1 PNJ Watch store and three PNJ Art stores. (Source: PNJ)
DRC (Danang Rubber JSC)
- Q3/2022, revenue of $58.82 mn (+45.59% yoy) and PAT of $3.35 mn (+128.62% yoy) due to: (1) the low base in Q3/2021 (impacted by Covid-19) and (2) DRC raised selling price from Apr 2022. GPM increased to 16.91% from 14.42% in Q3/2021.
- 9M2022, revenue of 164.54 mn (+24.23% yoy) and PAT of $9.85 mn (+11.31% yoy). (Source: DRC)
DGC (Duc Giang Chemicals Group JSC)
- Q3/2022, revenue of $160.69 mn (+75.46% yoy) and PAT of $61.48 mn (+195.56% yoy) thanks to: (1) the increase in selling price (+79% yoy) and volumes of yellow phosphorus, fertilizer and (2) higher FX gains.
- 9M2022, revenue of 492.72 mn (+85.96% yoy) and PAT of $197.19 mn (+318.4% yoy). (Source: DGC)
FPT (FPT Corp.)
- 9M2022, revenue of $1.35 bn (+24.1% yoy, completed 73% target year) and PBT of $246.3 mn (+23.8% yoy, completed 74.4% target year).
- The technology segment: revenue reached $771.4 mn (+24.1% yoy) and PBT reached $114.6 mn (+25.7% yoy).
- The telecom segment: revenue reached $469.9 mn (+17.1% yoy) and PBT reached $94.3 mn (+21.6% yoy).
- The education segment remained strong, with revenue growth of 70% yoy and PBT growth of 24% yoy. (Source: FPT)
TCM (Thanh Cong Textile Garment Investment Trading JSC)
- In Sep 2022, revenue of $15.15 mn (+91% yoy), of which garment accounted for 76%, fabrics contributed 15% and yarn made up 7% total revenue. By export market: US (50.62%), Japan (19.75%), Korea (13.08%). PAT of $953,000 (compared to the loss of $603,000 in Sep 2021)
- Q3/2022, revenue of $53.48 mn (+57% yoy) and PAT of $3.96 mn (compared to the loss of $87,000 in Q3/2021)
- 9M2022, revenue of $142.87 mn (+25.35% yoy, completed 80% target year 2022) and PAT of $9.04 mn (+85% yoy, completed 84% target year 2022).
- As of Oct 2022, TCM has received about 80% of orders for the Q4/2022 revenue plan and has been receiving orders for Q1/2023. (Source: TCM)
PDR (Phat Dat Real Estate Development JSC)
- Q3/2022, revenue of $0.48 mn (-99.12% yoy) and PAT of $31.21 mn (+18.07% yoy) thanks to the significant financial income of $54.3 mn from transferring 46% stakes in Saigon KL Real Estate JSC.
- 9M2022, revenue of $64.78 mn (-37.7% yoy) and PAT of $61.41 mn (+27.1% yoy). (Source: PDR)
NLG (Nam Long Investment Corp.)
- Q3/2022, revenue of $38.35 mn (+484% yoy vs Q3/2021’s low base) thanks to the deliveries of Akari City (Phase 1) and Southgate. PAT of $0.34 mn (-97% yoy) due to lower financial income vs a revaluation gains of $15.74 mn from the consolidation of Southgate JSC in Q3/2021.
- 9M2022, revenue of $117.83 mn (+244% yoy), driven by Akari City (Phase 1) and consolidated revenue of Southgate JSC. PAT of $5.17 mn (-83% yoy).
- Dragon Capital bought 1.33 million NLG shares on 12 Oct, increasing its ownership from 5.97% to 6.32% (24,197,177 shares). (Source: HSX)
VCI (Viet Capital Securities JSC)
- VCI has successfully mobilized a syndicated loan of $105 mn with greenshoe option to extend up to $150 mn. The loan has short-term interest rates based on the international money market. (Source: VCI)
LHG (Long Hau Corp.)
- Hose decided to change LHG’s status from controlled to restricted trading by Oct-24.
- Hence, LHG will only be traded in the afternoon session of the trading day according to the method of order matching and agreement from Oct-24.
- The reason is that Long Hau is late in submitting the 2022 semi-annual review financial report more than 45 days after the prescribed time limit. (Source: HSX)
HBC (Hoa Binh Construction Group JSC)
- HBC completed issuing 5 million shares (2% OS) to Sanei Architecture Planning Co, Ltd (Japan) at 32,500 VND/share. Lock-up: 1 year.
PVD (PetroVietnam Drilling & Well Services Corp.)
- PVD signed a five-month contract for its PVD I jack-up rig with Valeura Energy (Canada) to conduct exploration drilling in the Wassana field in the Gulf of Thailand from May to Oct 2023. In this contract, the day rate for PVD I is around $80,000-90,000. (Source: PVD)
GEX (GELEX Group JSC)
- Ms. Nguyen Lien Huong (Chairman’s daughter) registered to buy 1 million GEX shares from 19 Oct to 17 Nov 2022, increasing her ownership to 0.12% (1,000,654 shares). (Source: HSX).
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital sold 3.2 mn DXG shares on 18 Oct 2022, decreasing its ownership from 18.34% to 17.82% (108,629,459 shares). (Source: HSX).
KBC (Kinh Bac City Development Holding Corp.)
- Dragon Capital bought 5,518,000 KBC shares on 12 Oct 2022, increasing its ownership from 7.71% to 8.43% (64,710,299 shares). (Source: HSX).
ANV (Nam Viet Corp.)
- Mr. Doan Chi Thien (CEO’s son) sold 4.99 million ANV shares (3.78% OS) via order matching or put through from 22 Sep to 21 Oct 2022, decreasing his ownership from 6.88% to 3.1% (4,099,999 shares). (Source: HSX).