FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 17/01 – 21/01/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Trade Balance First half of January – 2022
- Exports in 1H-Jan-2022 decreased by 0.1% yoy, to $12.96 billion. Imports in 1H-Jan-2022 increased by 10.2% yoy, to $14.6 billion. In first half of January 2022, Vietnam recorded an estimated trade deficit of $1.64 billion. (Source: Custom)
Samsung Vietnam’s 2021 revenue exceeds $74.2 billion
- Despite difficulties caused by COVID-19, Samsung Vietnam earned $74.2 billion in revenue (+14% yoy), equivalent to 20.3% of Vietnam’s GDP. The company’s export value hit $65.5 billion, +16% yoy.
- By the end of 2021, Samsung Vietnam’s total investment capital hit $18 billion.
Jih Sun Vietnam Opportunity Fund
- On Jan 10th, 2022, Jih Sun Vietnam Opportunity (JSV FUND) from Taiwan, advised by Vinacapital, commenced their fund raising in the Vietnamese market. Expected AUM is about $217.4 million. The fund must invest at least 50% into listed stock or fund certificates. The proportion of Vietnamese equity shall account for no less than 70% of total investment. Investment themes are construction materials, real estate, banks, brokers… Top holdings: HPG (9%), VHM (6%), MBB (5%), VCB (5%), KBC (4%) …
Brokers Result 2022
|Brokers Result 2021 (mil. $)|
|SSI||SSI Securities Corp||44.02||155.6%||116.70||111.0%||30.34||157%|
|HCM||Ho Chi Minh City Securities Corp.||9.72||62.9%||49.87||116.2%||595.22||59%|
|VCI||Viet Capital Securities JSC||20.32||33.6%||65.16||94.9%||334.84||98%|
|VND||VNDirect Securities Corp||31.50||203.1%||94.70||217.9%||672.76||229%|
|SHS||Saigon – Hanoi Securities JSC||24.74||63.2||60.71||85.1%||252.91||167.9|
|BVS||Baoviet Securities Company||4.22||104.7%||12.27||113.2%||154.22||61%|
- VND is added to VNFIN Lead index in the January restructuring period. The new VNFIN Lead index list will take effect from 7 February 2022.
- SSI and VND also denied rumors that SSC refused to allow the company to increase capital as well as margin lending on risky stocks lately.
CTR (Viettel Construction JSC)
- CTR estimated business results in 2021: Revenue of $324.09 million (+17%yoy) and PAT of $20.52 million (+37% yoy).
- CTR: delist on UPCoM on 15 February to prepare for its listing on HSX. (Source: HNX, CTR)
POW (PetroVietnam Power Corp.)
- Q4/2021: revenue of $202.52 million (-41% yoy) and PAT loss $5.04 million (compared to Q4/2020: PAT of $43.74 million).
- Full year 2021: revenue of $1.11 billion (-14% yoy, 90% year-target) and PAT of $83.34 million (-25% yoy, 141% year-target). (Source: POW)
MSN (Masan Group Corp.)
- MSN announced revenue in 2021 of $3.85 billion (+14.8% yoy) thanks to strong growth in almost all business segments. PAT was $372.22 million, +593.8% yoy. Excluding one-off financial income in Q4/21 (MSN’s divestment from its feed business), net operating profit was $191.3 million, +256.3% yoy. (Source: MSN)
PNJ (Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC)
- Q4/2021: Revenue of $308.65 million (+21.51 % yoy) and PAT of $19.88 million (+6.99% yoy). Retail sales performed well post lockdown, up by 15.2% yoy in 4Q21. Wholesale sales fell by 4.2% yoy, while gold bar sales surged by 70% yoy.
- Full year 2021, revenue reached $852.74 million (+12% yoy) and PAT was $44.91 million (-3.4% yoy). (Source: PNJ)
PDR (Phat Dat Real Estate Development JSC)
- Q4/2021: Revenue of $53.43 million (-13.1% yoy) and PAT of $32.74 million (+52% yoy) driven by a booming gross margin of 90.8%. Full year 2021, revenue reached $157.4 million (-7.4% yoy) while PAT surged to $81.09 million (+53% yoy). (Source: PDR)
KBC (Kinh Bac City Development Holding Corp.)
- KBC approved the plan to sell all 5.9 million treasury shares in Q1/2022. (Source: HSX)
DPM (Petrovietnam Fertilizer & Chemicals Corp.)
- Interim dividend 2021: 10% cash
- Ex-date: 27 Jan 2022
- Payment date: 16 Feb 2022. (Source: HSX)
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital bought 5.4 million shares of DXG from 5 Jan 2022 to 17 Jan 2022, raising its ownership from 18.17% to 19.07%. (Source: HSX)
DGW (Digiworld Corp.)
- On January 19, 2022, Synnex FPT (an associate company of FPT) and Xiaomi signed a strategic cooperation, pursuant to which Synnex FPT will distribute the full range of Xiaomi’s products in Vietnam. Synnex FPT will be the second authorized distributor of Xiaomi in Vietnam apart from DGW, which means DGW has lost its exclusivity to Xiaomi.
- Xiaomi products contribute ~37% and 35% to DGW’s revenue and gross profit in 2021
DRC (Da Nang Rubber JSC)
- Q4/2021: revenue of $57.97 million (+20.34% yoy) and PAT of $3.8 million (-20% yoy). Full year 2021, revenue of $190.41 million (+20.1% yoy) and PAT of $12.65 million (+13.51% yoy).
- BoD approved the project to expand the Radial tire manufacturing factory worth of $39.83 million. Upon completion, the factory will have capacity of 1 million units per year. (Source: DRC)