FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 16/05 – 20/05/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
KKR seek to expand into reals estate, digital transformation in Vietnam
- CEO of KKR said that the fund desires to expand its investment in real estate, infrastructure, digital transformation, food, consumer goods, and technology, among others in Vietnam.
- KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts), one of the world’s biggest private investment funds, has invested more than $1 bn in Vietnamese companies, namely Vinhomes (VHM), Masan Group (MSN), Masan MEATLife (MML) and Equest Education Group.
Vietnam’s public investment disbursement in Q1/2022
- More than $2.68 bn of public investment was disbursed in first 4 months of 2022, equivalent to 16.4% of this year’s target.
- As reported by the Ministry of Finance (MoF), the estimated disbursement rate of public investment by the end of May reached 22.4% of the plan assigned by the Prime Minister (equivalent to $5.04 bn), higher than that period of 2021 (22.12%).
Vietnam trade balance in first half of May 2022
- In the first half of May 2022, total exports of $12.82 bn (+7.6% yoy) and imports of $15.52 bn (+11% yoy) resulted in a trade deficit of $2.07 bn.
- Accumulated from the beginning of the year: exports of $135.17 bn (+15.5% yoy) and imports of $135.39 bn (+15.2% yoy) resulted in a trade deficit of $220 mn. (Source: Custom)
NYSE will support to upgrade Viet Nam’s stock market
- On 16 May 2022, Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chinh witnessed the awarding ceremony of two cooperation documents in the fields of finance, banking and investment funds between Vietnamese and US partners, including a cooperation document between Việt Nam’s State Securities Commission of Vietnam and the NYSE regarding the support to upgrade Vietnam’s stock market and building a mechanism for investors to participate in the two stock markets.
- The State Securities Commission (SSC) requests the Vietnam Stock Exchange (VNX) to direct HoSE and HNX to require listed organizations within 24 hours from the time stock prices rises to the ceiling or drops to the floor for 5 consecutive sessions or more to report and disclose information related to the company that affects stock price movements.
- VNX requires HoSE and HNX to publish information at the end of the trading day about the total volume & total value of proprietary trading for each stock before May 23, 2022. HoSE started disclosing proprietary trading information on 17 May 2022.
- Odd-trading lot is testing and may be applied since early June 2022.
Discipline leaders of State Securities Commission
- On 18 May 2022, The Central Inspection Committee announced the disciplinary measures against collectives and individuals who are former leaders and leaders of the State Securities Commission (SSC). Vietnam Stock Exchange (VNX), Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HOSE) and Vietnam Securities Depository Center (VSD).
- The Ministry of Finance (MoF) prepared personnel plans for the SSC in all situations.
- MoF also revealed that they are pushing the application of the KRX trading system, targeting to complete by the end of 2022.
The Ministry of Finance (MoF): Inspection of brokers and audits
- Implementation of inspection for public companies, securities trading organizations, auditing companies approved base on adjusted plans; strictly handle violations on the basis of monitoring results.
- MoF will closely monitor unusual securities transactions; inspecting auditing companies for listed enterprises, public companies, paying attention audittors of which customers having financial statements spotting many errors.
- In addition, MoF will inspect the issuance of corporate bonds, especially those without collaterals.
VIC (Vingroup JSC)
- VIC approved a resolution to contribute capital of more than $4.3mn to establish VS Development Investment JSC (VIC hold 99.98%), specializing in the field of management and investment consultancy.
- VIC completed the issuance of $525 mn international bonds. Bond term: 5 years. Proceeds will be used tosupplement the group’s operating capital size through direct investment in VinFast automobile production complex project.
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp.)
- In Apr 2022, revenue of $495.65 mn (+19% yoy), of which: TGDĐ and ĐMX’s revenue reached $391.3 mn (+22% yoy) and BHX’s revenue reached $95.65 mn (+2% yoy).
- 4M2022: total revenue of $2.08 bn (+18% yoy), of which TGDĐ and ĐMX’s revenue increased by 21% yoy.
- By the end of Apr 2022, An Khang Pharmacy had 250 pharmacies. An Khang’s sales increased by 3.7 times yoy, gross margin of 20%. MWG targets to open 50 new stores in May 2022 and raise its total stores count to 500 by end of Jul 2022 and 2,000 stores by 2023.
- MWG aims to raise AVAKids’stores count to 50 in June 2022 and 200 by the end of 2022. (Source: MWG)
PNJ (Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC)
- In Apr 2022: Revenue of $117.39 mn (+49.6% yoy) and PAT of $6.3 mn (+70.5% yoy).
- 4M2022: revenue of $560.87 mn (+42.9% yoy) and PAT of $37.65 mn (+44.9% yoy), of which: retail revenue increased by 45.4% yoy and online revenue increased by 152% yoy. (Source: PNJ)
VGC (Viglacera Corporation – JSC)
- In Apr 2022, PBT of $14.96 mn and 4M2022 PBT of $52.17 mn (+130% yoy, 71% year target). (Source: VGC)
HAG (Hoang Anh Gia Lai JSC)
- HAG was suspended securities trading for 5 months from 17 May 2022 due to an administrative violation by not reporting expected transaction on HNG (Hoang Anh Gia Lai Agricultural JSC). (Source: HSX)
VHC (Vinh Hoan Corp.)
- VHC registered to sell all 1.43 million treasury shares (0.79% OS) from 30 May to 28 Jun 2022. These treasury shares were purchased from 2019, average price at 79,700 VND/share. (Source: VHC).
MSN (Masan Group)
- MSN plans to issue 7 million ESOP shares at VND10,000/share. Lock-up: 1 year. Expected time: Q2/2022. (Source: MSN)
DXS (Dat Xanh Real Estate Services JSC)
- Dividend 2020: 6.6% stock. Ex-date: 26 May 2022. Plans to issue a maximum of 23,641,280 shares.
- Bonus share: 8.4% (Expected number of issued shares: 30,088,901 shares. Ex-date: 26 May 2022. (Source: DXS)
BBC (Bibica Corp.)
- PAN Group (PAN) bought 7.38 million BBC shares (39.36% OS) at 71,000 VND/share from 15 May 2020, increasing its ownership from 58.94% to 98.3% (18,434,662 shares). (Source: HSX)
NKG (Nam Kim Steel JSC)
- Mr Ho Minh Quang (CEO) registered to buy 3 million NKG shares from 23 May 2022 to 21 Jun 2022, increasing his ownership from 12.83% to 14.2% (31,159,249 shares). (Source: HSX)
FPT (FPT Corp.)
- Dragon Capital sold 1.25 million FPT shares on 12 May 2022, decreasing its ownership from 5.04% to 4.907% (44,856,805 shares). (Source: HSX)
MBB (Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- Dragon Capital sold 2.82 million MBB shares on 12 May 2022, decreasing its ownership from 5.02% to 4,94% (186,789,728 shares). (Source: HSX)
REE (Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corp.)
- AIMS Asset Management SDN BHD (Malaysia) sold 3.1 million REE shares from 12 May 2022, decreasing its ownership from 8.14% to 7.14% (22,061,050 shares). (Source: HSX)