FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 14/11 – 18/11/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
SBV cut the selling price of USD
- SBV cut the selling price of USD for the 2nd consecutive time within half of the month, from VND 24,860 to VND 24,850 in the context that the interbank exchange rate is on the decrease after many corporates, namely VPBank, SEABank, Masan announced to mobilized successfully syndicated loans from international credit institutions, resulting in an USD inflow to the economies.
- Last week, VIB also announced to completely disburse the $150mn loans from IFC (member of World Bank)
- On 16 Nov 2022, the State Securities Commission (SSC) led a meeting about the stock market situation in the past time with the attendances of the VNX, VSD, HNX and HoSE leaders.
Real estate sector
- On 17 Nov 2022, Prime Minister established an ad-hoc team comprising of Minister of Construction and Vice Governor of SBV, Deputy Ministers of Ministry of Construction, Ministry of Public Security, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Ministry of Planning and Investment on removing obstacles for the development of real estate projects for local authorities and enterprises in in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and other central cities.
- Vietnam vehicles sales in Oct 2022 reached 36,560 units (+9.3% mom, +22.7% yoy). Of which, domestically assembled cars accounted for 20,051 (+17% mom) and imported cars made up 16,509 units (+1% mom). Sale of passenger cars, commercial vehicles and special-purpose vehicles increased by 10% mom, 6% mom and 4% mom, respectively. 10M2022, total vehicles sales reached 332,963 units (+52% yoy), of which: 259,928 are passenger cars (+73% yoy), 68,498 are commercial vehicles (+6% yoy) and 4,537 are special-purpose vehicles (-1% yoy). (Source: VAMA)
- On 15 Nov 20221, Auto manufacturer Thanh Cong Group and Huyndai Motor Group inaugurated the second Huyndai Thanh Cong Vietnam factory in Gian Khau industrial park in Ninh Binh province. The second factory has a total designed capacity of 100,000 units/year, raising the total capacity of two Hyundai Thanh Cong factories in Vietnam to 180,000 units by 2025.
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation to invest in SmartNet
- The Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. (SMBC) announced on 11 Nov that it will invest $9.6 mn in Smart Net Trading Service JSC (SmartNet).
- SMBC is a part of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Japan’s second-largest bank by assets. In 2021, SMBC acquired 49% stake in VPBank SMBC Finance Company Limited (FE Credit), a leading consumer finance company in Vietnam.
- Founded in Vietnam in 2015, SmartNet offers payment solutions focusing mainly on micro-, small-, and medium-sized enterprises. SmartNet delivers brokerage services for loan products and other financial services like personal loans and Buy Now Pay Later. The company has collaborated closely with FE Credit.
FPT (FPT Corp.)
- 10M2022, revenue of $1.41 bn (+24.4% yoy, completed 82.8% target year) and PBT of $259.7 mn (+24% yoy, completed 84.7% target year).
- The technology segment: revenue reached $806.4 mn (+23.7% yoy) and PBT reached $119.5 mn (+25.8% yoy).
- The telecom segment: revenue reached $485.3 mn (+16.6% yoy) and PBT reached $94.7 mn (+18.4% yoy).
- The education segment remained strong, with revenue growth of 80.2% yoy and PBT growth of 32.1% yoy. (Source: FPT)
DRC (Danang Rubber JSC)
- In Oct 2022, revenue of $16.9 mn (-10% yoy), of which: domestic revenue reached $4.83 mn (-54% yoy) due to weak bias tires revenue and export revenue reached $12.07 mn (+43% yoy).
- 10M2022, revenue of $176.83 mn (+19% yoy), of which: domestic revenue increased by 3% yoy and export revenue increased by 34% yoy.
- DRC’s radial tires production is 40% beyond designed capacity of 600,000 units/year. They are expanding the radial factory to increase capacity from 600,000 units to 1 million units/year. (Source: DRC)
PLX (Viet Nam National Petroleum Group)
- PLX plans to submit to general meeting of shareholders to adjust its target revenue from $7.5 bn to $9.7 bn while target PBT dropped sharply by $123.4 mn to $12.1 mn (-90%).
- In 10M22, at times when some traders, distributors and petrol stations restricted or stopped working, PLX had to meet the suddenly increasing demand from customers and suffered from a quick reduction in inventory. Hence, they had to import inventory continuously at high price to ensure domestic gasoline supply.
VHC (Vinh Hoan Corp.)
- VHC approved the capital contribution of $6.4mn to their subsidiary Thanh Ngoc Agricultural Food, Co., Ltd (hereinafter referred to TNG Foods), raising their ownership from 70% to 76.04% OS.
- TNG Foods is operating in vegetables and fruits processing and preservation with main products namely dried fruits, frozen vegetables and concentrated fruits, focusing on dragon fruit, pineapple, and mango.
- TNG Foods has been constructing its Vinh Agricultures factory since Jan 2022, expected to contribute to VHC revenues since 2023. (Source: VHC)
VIC (Vingroup JSC)
- On 18 Nov 2022, VinES Energy Solutions JSC (belongs to VIC) officially held a ground-breaking ceremony for VINES-GOTION joint venture manufacturing Lithium battery in Ha Tinh province with a total investment of more than $275 mn (38% is equity and 62% is debt) with expected capacity of 30mn lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery cells. VinES Energy Solutions JSC and China’s Gotion High-Tech holdings in the projects are 49% and 51%, respectively.
- According to Bloomberg, VinFast is weighing whether to hold its planned initial public offering in the US as soon as January 2023. Vinfast could raise at least $1 billion but it could also be more depending on interest. Earlier in Apr 2022, VinFast filed confidentially for the US IPO.
DIG (Development Investment Construction JSC)
- DIG redeemed $64.36 mn corporate bonds before maturity. Post transaction, DIG’s total outstanding bond value is $76.43 mn, maturing in Sep and Nov 2024.
VIB (Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- VIB released a resolution to seek shareholders’ opinions on: (1) adjusting FOL and (2) paying cash dividend for 2022. Unofficial information:
- VIB will lift its FOL from 20.5% to 30%
- Dividend 2022: 35% cash
DGC (Duc Giang Chemicals Group JSC)
- Mr. Dao Huu Huyen (Chairman) registered to buy 1 million DGC shares via order matching and/or put through from 17 Nov to 16 Dec 2022, increasing its ownership from 18.11% to 18.38% (69,794,354 shares).
- Dragon Capital bought 980,000 DGC shares on 11 Nov 2022, increasing their ownership from 6.92% to 7.17% (27,241,980 shares). (Source: HSX)
IDC (IDICO Corporation – JSC)
- Tan Bach Viet House Trading and Leasing Co., Ltd (related to CEO) registered to buy 3 million IDC shares via order matching and/or put through from 17 Nov to 14 Dec 2022, increasing its ownership from 1.52% to 2.424% (8 million shares). (Source: HNX)
NKG (Nam Kim Steel JSC)
- Mr. Tran Ngoc Dieu (Duty CEO) registered to buy 2 million NKG share via order matching and/or put through from 18 Nov to 17 Dec 2022, increasing his ownership from 0.16% to 0.92% (2,432,828 shares). (Source: HSX)
NVL (No Va Land Investment Group Corp.)
- Nova Group (major shareholder of NVL) only bought 1.82 mn NVL shares over 8 mn shares registered from 14 Oct to 11 Nov via matching and put-through, increasing its ownership from 37.02% to 37.11% (723,625,210 shares). (Source: HSX)
NLG (Nam Long Investment Corp.)
- Mr. Nguyen Xuan Quang (Chairman) and his related parties registered to buy total 4.9 million NLG shares (1.28% OS) from 18 Nov to 17 Dec 2022 via matching and put through. Details:
- Mr. Nguyen Xuan Quang (Chairman) registered to buy 1 million shares, increasing his ownership from 12.09% to 12.35% (47,452,851 shares)
- Mr. Nguyen Hiep (Chairman’s son) registered to buy 1.7 million shares, increasing his ownership from 0.35% to 0.79% (3,041,153 shares)
- Mr. Nguyen Nam (Chairman’s son) registered to buy 1.7 million shares, increasing his ownership from 0.18% to 0.62% (2,383,911 shares)
- Tan Hiep Investment registered to buy 500,000 million shares, increasing its ownership from 0.57% to 0.7% (2,700,857 shares) (Source: HSX)
BCG (Bamboo Capital Group JSC)
- Mr. Nguyen Ho Nam (Chairman) registered to buy 5 million BCG shares via order matching and/or put through from 21 Nov to 20 Dec 2022, increasing his ownership from 14.69% to 15.63% (83,371,894 shares). (Source: HSX)
ANV (Nam Viet Corp.)
- Mr. Doan Toi (CEO) registered to buy 2 million ANV shares (1.56% OS) via order matching and/or put through from 21 Nov to 20 Dec, increasing his ownership from 56.3% to 57.86% (73,805,000). (Source: HSX).
KDH (Khang Dien House Trading and Investment JSC)
- Dragon Capital bought 19 million KDH shares on 11 Nov 2022, increasing their ownership from 4.99% to 7.64% (54,793,088 shares). (Source: HSX).
PVD (PetroVietnam Drilling & Well Services Corp.)
- Dragon Capital bought 1.1 million PVD shares on 9 Nov 2022, increasing their ownership from 8.91% to 9.11% (54,793,088 shares). (Source: HSX)
DCM (Petro Viet Nam Ca Mau Fertilizer JSC)
- Dragon Capital bought 1.18 million DCM shares on 11 Nov 2022, increasing their ownership from 4.98% to 5.2% (27,548,100 shares). (Source: HSX)
DHC (Dong Hai Joint Stock Company of Bentre)
- Mirae Asset Securities (Vietnam) announced to force sell 1 million shares (1.47% OS) owned by Chairman Luong Van Thanh from 14 Nov 2022.
- Previously, Mirae Asset Securities (Vietnam) announced to force sell 700,000 shares (1.03% OS) owned by Chairman Luong Van Thanh from 10 Nov 2022.
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp.)
- Mr. Nguyen Duc Tai (chairman) bought 1 million MWG shares from 14 Nov to 13 Dec 2022, increasing his ownership from 2.33% to 2.4% (35,129,892 shares).
- Mr. Tran Huy Anh Tung (CEO) bought 500,000 MWG shares from 11 Nov to 9 Dec 2022, increasing his ownership from 0.726% to 0.76% (11,130,544 shares). (Source: HSX).