FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 14/02 – 18/02/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Samsung invests $920 million in Vietnam plant expansion.
- Samsung will invest additionally $920 million to Samsung Electro-Mechanics in Thai Nguyen.
- The investment will boost the company’s existing production in Thai Nguyen province of printed circuit boards and other phone components, and will raise Samsung’s total investment from $1.25 billion to $2.27 billion.
- India announced to remove the antidumping duties on flat rolled products of steel plated or coated with alloy of aluminum or zinc originating in or imported from Vietnam. Previously, the anti-dumping duties applied to Vietnamese enterprises are as follows: Dong A Steel Co. Ltd, (TDA): $23.63/ton; Hoa Sen Group (HSG): $46.87 /ton; Nam Kim Steel JSC (NKG): $81.3/ton; and other manufacturers: $173.1/ton.
HPG (Hoa Phat group)
- HPG announced an increase in HRC prices by $100/ton to $830/ton from the previous price of $730/ton in Mar/Apr shipment orders. This move of HRC follow the recent rallies in global HRC prices which will help improve the HRC margin in 2Q22 versus 1Q22.
- HPG plans to begin construction of the Hoa Phat Dung Quat 2 Steel Integrated Complex project in Q1/2022 with a capacity of 5.6 million tons per year. It is expected that when the project comes into operation in 2025, HPG’s steel production capacity will reach about 14 million tons a year, including 8.6 million tons of HRC.
- Mr. Nguyen Ngoc Quang, board member registers to sell 1 million shares via order matching and put through from 18 Feb to 19 Mar, cutting his holdings from 1.89% to 1.87% (83.7 million shares
TDA (Ton Dong A JSC)
- TDA has just announced the starting price of a new initial public offering (IPO) of 40,000 VND/share, equivalent to mobilizing more than $21.5 milion. The proceeds are mainly used to supplement owner’s equity and invest in factory 3 to increase capacity to meet the increasing market demand.
VPB (Vietnam Prosperity Bank)
- ASC Securities’shareholders approved a capital raising from $11.7 million to $387.83 million via issuance to existing shareholders and renamed ASC to VPBank Securities JSC. Currently VPB owns 97% of this company and planning to acquire ASC with 100% ownership.
LPB (Lien Viet Post Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- There were 7 retail investors registered to buy 800 shares out of 122 mn shares of LPB auctioned by VNPost.
- Vietnam Post Copr. (VNPost) plan to auction its 10.15% stake at LPB (122 million shares) with reserve price of VND28,930/share on 23 February 2022. (Source: HNX)
CTR (Viettel Construction JSC)
- CTR will list on HSX on 23 Feb 2022. Listing price will be VND85,400/share. 2021, CTR’s revenue is $324.09 million (+17.22% yoy), PAT is $16.34 million (+37.04% yoy). Source: CTR
VJC (Vietjet Aviation JSC)
- VJC finished issuing $130.4 million worth of straight bond via private placement for 01 domestic investor. Bond term: 36 months. Nominal interest rate for the first 2 payments: 9.5%/ year, following payments’ interest rate is equal: 9.5% ±3.5%/year. (Source: VJC)
NLG (Nam Long Investment Corp.)
- Nguyen Xuan Quang (Chairman) sold 2 million shares of NLG, cutting his holdings from 12.13% to 11.61% (44.45 million shares). Source: HSX
DGC (Duc Giang Chemicals Group JSC)
- Vinachem registered to sell 6 million shares (3.53% OS), from 3 Mar to 23 Mar via order matching. After the transactions, the company will hold zero DGC share.
VHC (Vinh Hoan Corp.)
- Jan-22 sales increased by 31% yoy with healthy growth for most products. Sales to US and Europe were strong, increasing by 25% yoy and 48% yoy,respectively. China sales on the other hand declined by 36% yoy. Source: VHC
FRT (FPT Digital Retail JSC)
- Target for 2022: the revenue of $1.17 billion (+20% yoy), and the PAT of $31.3 million (+30% yoy).
- FPT Long Chau has signed contract to be the first distributor the Covid treatment drugs. Long Chau will start selling 2 drugs for Covid treatment named Molravir 400 (Boston Vietnam) and Molnupiravir Stella 400 (Stellapharm) in their pharma retail channels with over 500 stores in 63 provinces of Vietnam.
POW (PetroVietnam Power Corp.)
- Target for 2022: PBT of just $44 million, -56% yoy. The reason for low target is the overhauls of the Ca Mau 1 gas thermal plant, the Dakring hydro plant and the Vung Ang 1 coal thermal plant. Maintenance of three other plants will also be undertaken. Source: POW
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- On February 15, Dat Xanh Group approved a plan to issue bonds to the public with a maximum value of $173.9 million at par in order to contribute capital to Ha An Real Estate. Post transaction, DXG will acquire 99.99% OS.
- Dragon Capital bought 1.15 million shares of DXG, rising its holdings from 20.9% to 21.09% (125.72 million shares)
|SAB||Saigon Beer – Alcohol – Beverage Corp.||2 Mar 2022||23 Mar 2022||1.500 VND/s (2021)|
|PNJ||Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC||8 Mar 2022||7 Apr 2022||600 VND/s (2021)|
|VGT||Vietnam National Textile & Garment Group||28 Feb 2022||31 Mar 2022||500 VND/s (2021)|