FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 11/07 – 15/07/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
- Government issued the Resolution 86/NQ-CP on the development of capital market, specifying the target by 2025: stock market capitalization reach 100% GDP, bond market of 47% GDP, in which corporate bonds reach at least 20% GDP.
- According to data of the Vietnam Bonds Market Association (VBMA), in June 2022, there is an international corporate bond issuance of $100mn by Vingroup and 44 corporate bonds private placements of $1.3 bn (+27% mom, -69% yoy). Of which, banks are the most active issuers of $1.2bn with an average interest rate of 5.16%/year, followed by financial corporates of $54.1mn with the interest rate of 7.23%/year.
- 1H2022: the value of bond issuance to the public reached $391.13 mn (-6.14% yoy, accounting for 6% of the total issuance value) and the value of private issuance of corporate bonds was $6.23 bn (-30% yoy, accounting for 94% of the total issuance value).
Brokerage: VSD proposed to SSC to start the new ‘T+1.5’ procedure starting 29 Aug 2022
- For Buy orders, stocks will arrive to investors’ trading account by 12:00 noon T+2 compared to 4:00 pm T+2 previously.
- For Sell orders, cash will arrive to institutional investors’ bank account by 12:00 noon T+2 compared to 4:00 pm T+2 previously.
- VSD proposes to start applying the new regulation from 29 Aug 2022. Depository members will test the system from 1 Aug 2022 to 26 Aug 2022.
- On 11 Jul 2022, there is a significant adjustment in gasoline prices due to the effectiveness of the environmental tax cut and the downward fluctuations in the global market prices. To be more specific, each liter of E5 RON 92 and RON 95 will plunge to 27,780 VND/liter (-10%) and 29,670 VND/liter (-9%), respectively.
- The Ministry of Finance (MoF) proposed the Government cut the import tax rate of Most Favored Nation (MFN) for unleaded petrol from 20% to 10% instead of a reduction from 20% to 12% as suggested before.
- 1H2022, total premium of $4.1 bn (+14.23% yoy). Of which, non-life insurance reached $1.2 bn (+13.58% yoy) and life insurance reached $2.9bn (+14.5% yoy).
- Vietnam vehicles sales in June reached 25,159 units (-42% mom, +7% yoy). The slowdown in the car sales attributes to the lack of semiconductor on the global scales and the expiration of the tax cut on the sales of the domestically produced cars.
- 1H20222, total vehicles sales reached 201,840 units (+34% yoy), of which: Passenger car (+50% yoy), Commercial Vehicles (-5% yoy) and Special-Purpose Vehicles (+12% yoy).
- Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) has just issued a draft conclusion to apply measures on sugar imports from 5 ASEAN countries.
- 21 July is the extended deadline for MoIT to give their final decision on percentage to apply anti-dumping and anti-subsidy taxes on sugar products imported from 5 ASEAN countries. This decision has been delayed twice on 22 Mar and 22 May.
- MoIT initiated the investigation on sugar imports from ASEAN countries (except Thailand) from 21 Sep 2021 after the Vietnam Customs found abnormal sugar imports into Vietnam from these 5 ASEAN countries and Vietnam Sugar Association believes this is a clear sign to avoid taxes from Thailand.
- Previously, MoIT officially imposed taxes on Thai sugar on 15 June 2021 and applied for 5 years.
MSN (Masan Group Corp.)
- MSN invested VND3,500bn to build Western 2 Food Industry Center in Hau Giang Provinces. The project has an area of 46ha, producing cooked pasta, noodles (80,000 tonnes/year); vermicelli, pho, glass noodles (27,200 tons/year); spices for noodles (20,000 tons/year); soy sauce, chili sauce (63,000 tons/year); beverages, non-alcoholic drinks, and mineral water (660 million liters/year), canned or bottled beer (100 million liters/year); cosmetics, soap, deterrents, cleaning chemicals (400,000 tons/year).
- It is scheduled to be built and then put into operation in 2022-2029. (Source: MSN)
BSI (Bank for Investment & Development of Vietnam Securities Company)
- BSI terminated the private placement of 65.7mn shares to Hana Financial Investment.
- Previously, Hana Financial Investment (HFI) registered to buy 65.7mn shares (35% OS) at the price of VND 41,000/share, lock-up: 03 years. The termination was proposed by HFI themselves. Currently, BSI is currently trading at VND 24,200/share
SHB (Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- Q2/2022: PBT of $116.26 mn (+87% yoy) and 1H2022 PBT of $256.52 mn (84% yoy, 50.4% target year).
BMI (Bao Minh Insurance Corp.)
- Q2/2022 preliminary results: revenue of $ 79.52 mn (+86% yoy) and PBT of $3.57 mn (+33% yoy).
- 1H2022: revenue of $123.13 mn (+14.5% yoy) and PBT of $7.43 mn (+14.6% yoy). (Source: BMI)
VHC (Vinh Hoan Corp.)
- In June 2022, revenue of $46.22 mn (+43% yoy). 1H2022: revenue of $325.9 mn (+81.2% yoy), of which: pangasius products ($215.4 mn, +82.4% yoy), by-products ($49.8 mn, +44.8% yoy), collagen & gelatin ($19.6 mn, +44.2% yoy).
- By market in 1H2022: US ($162.4 mn, +131.7% yoy), EU ($41.3 mn, +30.4% yoy) and China ($29.9 mn, +20.5% yoy). (Source: VHC)
HAX (Hang Xanh Motors Service JSC)
- 1H2022, revenue of $133.9 mn (+24% yoy, 55% year target) and PAT of $6 mn (+134% yoy, 81% year target). HAX points out its catalyst in the 1H2022 was the policy of reducing 50% of registration fees for domestic cars effective until May and the improvement in selling price due to shortage of supply.
NTC (Nam Tan Uyen JSC)
- Q2/2022 revenue of $3.56 mn (+39% yoy) and PAT of $3.1 mn (+41% yoy). Industrial parks sector has gradually recovered when many enterprises re-operate their production activities.
- 1H2022 revenue of $5.87 mn (+6.4% yoy) and PAT of $6.65 mn (-6% yoy).
BCM (Investment & Industrial Development Corp.)
- BCM plan to invest nearly $239.1mn for Cay Truong Industrial Park with 700ha. In which, BCM will finance 15% equity ($35.6 mn) and 85% debt ($201.7 mn).
- The project construction period is 2022-2026 and the infrastructure leasing is 2022-2030.
CRE (Century Land JSC)
- CRE plan to offer 201.6 million shares to existing shareholders at the ratio 1:1. The selling price is 10,000 VND/share. Registration and payment date from 24 Aug to 13 Sep 2022.
- CRE will also issue nearly 60.5 million bonus shares to shareholders at the rate of 30%. (Source: CRE)
KDC (KIDO Group)
- KDC registered to sell all 28.12 million treasury shares (11.17% OS) from 26 Jul to 24 Aug 2022 via order matching or put through. Price: not below 60,000 VND/share.
VIX (VIX Securities JSC)
- Mr. Nguyen Van Tuan (CEO’s brother) registered to buy 1 million VIX shares from 7 Jul to 5 Aug 2022, increasing his ownership from 14.84% to 15.02% (82,481,678 shares).
- Duong Thi Hong Hanh (Nguyen Van Tuan’s wife) registered to buy 10 million VIX from 19 Jul to 17 Aug 2022, increasing her ownership from 1.82% to 3.64% (20 million shares). (Source: HSX)
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital sold 5 million DXG shares on 8 July 2022, decreasing its ownership from 21.38% to 20.56% (124,912,329 shares)
KHG (Khai Hoan Land Group JSC)
- Ms. Dinh Thi Nhat Hanh (chairman) bought 1 million KHG shares from 22 June to 14 Jul 2022, increasing her ownership from 1% to 1.23% (5.4 million shares). (Source: HSX)