FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 10/01 – 14/01/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Socio-economic development plan 2022
- The government released Resolution 01/2022 on the socio-economic development plan 2022, key takeaways:
- GDP growth target: 6% – 6.5%
- GDP per capita: USD3,900
- CPI at 4%
- Disbursement of 100% public investment
Vietnam GDP Forecast 2022-2023
- Standard Chartered Bank forecasts Vietnam’s recovery will accelerate markedly in 2022, with GDP growth rate of 6.7%. The bank also raised its 2023 growth forecast for Viet Nam to 7% as it believes Viet Nam’s positive medium-term outlook remains intact.
- HSBC forecasts Vietnam’s GDP growth in 2022 at 6.5%, driven by a recovery in manufacturing and export growth in the context of high vaccination rates.
Stimulus package 2022 -2023
- The National Assembly approved a support package for socio-economic recovery of $15 billion. The five major tasks stated in the resolution are: reopening the economy in tandem with enhancing healthcare capacity and pandemic preparedness ($2.61 billion), ensuring social welfare and employment ($2.31 billion), supporting businesses and cooperatives ($4.78 billion), infrastructure development (4.93 billion), and administrative institutional reforms and betterment of investment environment.
Vietnam tourism sector targets 65 million visitors in 2022
- According to the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism, Vietnamese tourism sector welcomed around 40 million visitors, including 3,500 foreigners, last year. Total revenue of $7.83 billion, -42% yoy.
- In 2022, the sector set a goal to attract 65 million tourists, including five million foreigners, with revenues of $17.39 billion.
- Chairman Tan Hoang Minh requested to unilaterally terminate the contract of sale and auction of a $1.065 billion lot in Thu Thiem. This was a recent famous auction in Thu Thiem as unusually high winning price. Tan Hoang Minh won the bid to buy 10,060 sq m in Thu Thiem New Urban Area at the high price of $1.065 billion ($104,348 per sq m). The second highest bid for the land plot was $1.035 billion, or $30 million lower, by a foreign company.
- Retail Brokerage new accounts reached 226,000 in December (+2.6% mom, +258.9% yoy) – a new record high. 2021 there were 1,539,000 new accounts opened. (Source: VSD)
FLC (FLC Group JSC)
- The HCM City Stock Exchange (HOSE) announced to cancel the transaction of selling 74.8 million FLC shares made by Mr. Trinh Van Quyet (chairman) on 10 January 2022. The Ministry of Finance shall block all securities trading accounts of Mr Quyet for selling shares without registering.
- Mr Quyet registered to sell 175 million FLC shares from 10 January to 17 to reduce his ownership in the company from 30.34% to 5.7%. However, the SSC only received his registration at 5:45 p.m. on 10 January. By then, Quyet had already sold 74.8 million FLC shares.
VCB (Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam)
- VCB released the 2021 performance: total asset gains 6.6% yoy to $73.91 billion. The bank credit growth reached 15%. VCB’s bad debt stayed at 0.63%. Besides, the bank’s EBT achieved the 2021 target ($913 million).
VPB (Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- VPB adjusted FOL from 15% to 17.5% to issue shares to a new strategy partner via a private placement. VPB also plans to buy more 26.18 million shares (97.42% stake) of ASC Securities Company. (Source: HSX)
SSI (SSI Securities Corp.)
- Shareholders approved to issue 497.4 million shares to existing shareholders (ratio 2:1) at VND15,000/share. The company’s charter capital will increase to $652.2 million after the issuance.
- After the right issuance, the company will issue 104 million shares via private placement as previously approved.
MSN (Masan Group Corp.)
- BoD approved to issue 20% bonus shares in Q1/2022 or Q2/2022, right after SSC’s approval. (Source: HSX)
VGC (Viglacera Corporation – JSC)
- VGC announced 2021 consolidated PBT of $51.09 million (+87% yoy, 157% year-target), setting a new record in PBT since its establishment. (Source: VGC)
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- Dec-21 sales volume rose 14.1% yoy. As a result, 4Q2021 and 2021 sales volumes increased 23.2% and 31.3% yoy, respectively.
- HPG has requested Hai Duong Province to approve the construction of an international golf course and an ecological metropolis with a scale of 385 ha.
CTS (Vietinbank Securities JSC)
- CTS approved the plan to pay stock dividend 2019 at ratio 8%. (Source: CTS)
FRT (FPT Digital Retail JSC)
- Mr. Nguyen Viet Anh, Deputy CEO registered to buy 200,000 shares from 19 Jan to 17 Feb 2022. After the transaction, he will hold 615,564 shares (0.8% OS). (Source: HSX)
NTP (Tien Phong Plastic JSC)
- According to Mr. Dinh Viet Tung (Deputy General Director of State Capital Investment Corporation), SCIC (holding 37.1% stake of NTP) completed the valuation of NTP and shall divest from NTP in January 2022.
HAG (Hoang Anh Gia Lai JSC)
- HAG registered to sell 48.1 million shares (4.34% OS) of its subsidiary HAGL Agrico (HNG) from 17 Jan to 15 Feb 2022 to pay debt, cutting its holding from 16.07% to 11.73%. (Source: HSX)
CII (Ho Chi Minh City Infrastructure Investment JSC)
- HCII registered to sell 44.3 million treasury shares from 24 Jan to 22 Feb 2022 via matching and put through. After the transactions, CII will hold no treasury share. (Source: HSX)