FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statisticsg 09/05 – 13/05/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Two Danish ‘giants’ invest in huge factory in VSIP 3 Binh Duong
- Pandora Group specializing in jewelry intend to build the first factory in Vietnam, with a total investment of about US$100 million, which is expected to be operational by the end of 2024.
- Previously, Lego has signed a contract to build a $1 billion carbon neutral plant, which is expected to be rolled out in the second half of 2022 and operational in 2024.
- VSIP 3 (1,000 ha) is the largest industrial park in Binh Duong province.
Singapore Electricity Group commits to invest $521.74 mn in Vietnam by 2025
- SP Group (Singapore) committed to invest $521.74 mn in Vietnam by 2021. SP Group aims to achieve 1.5 GW in utility scale and rooftop solar projects by 2025. In which, SP Group’s owned subsidiaries are committed to developing develop the renewable energy portfolio in Vietnam to 1,000 MW by 2025.
The number of Newly Opened Domestic Individual Accounts in Apr 2022
- There were 231,782 retail opened retail accounts in Apr 2022 (+110% yoy and -14.53% mom). (Source:VSD)
HOSE cooperates with securities companies to test odd lot trading
- According to the text of HOSE Sending to member securities companies, the trial period for odd lot trading in the whole market to securities companies will take place from 9 May to 20 May 2022.
- After having successful test results, HOSE will evaluate and report to the MoF (The Ministry of Finance), the SSC (The State Securities Commission) and the Vietnam Stock Exchange to apply the official implementation.
Air sector: Aviation busy again in Apr 2022
- According to the Vietnam Aviation Administration, in April, airlines operated 30,000 flights (-2.4% yoy). Of which, there were 12,000 transit flights (+25% yoy).
- Vietnam’s airports handled 6.6 million passengers (-14.3% yoy), including 232,000 foreigners (+502% yoy).
- Vietnamese airlines transported 3.28 million passengers, including 80,000 foreigners (+214.7% yoy) and 3.2 million domestic passengers (-18.2% yoy).
Petroleum sector : Gasoline prices rebound to nearly 30,000 VND/ liter
- From 11 May 2022, the price of RON95 increased by 1,550VND/litre to 29,980 VND (1.3 USD) per litre, while that of E5 RON92 increased by 1,490 VND per litre to 28,950 VND (1.26 USD) per litre.
GAS (PetroVietnam Gas JSC)
- 4M2022: revenue of $1.63 bn (+7% yoy) and PAT of $247.39 mn (+61% yoy). (Source: GAS)
POW (PetroVietnam Power Corp.)
- Apr 2022: sales volume reached 1.4 billion kWh and revenue of $121.74 mn (a slight decrease yoy).
- 4M2022 sales volume reached 5 billion kWh and revenue of $430.43 mn (-3% yoy). (Source: POW)
PVT (Petrovietnam Transportation Corporation)
- In 2022, PVT plans to invest in 6 new vessels, mainly large oil/chemical vessels, Crude oil tankers (VLCC) and bulk cargo ships. Total investment: $127 mn
- Dividend 2021: 10% stock. (Source: PVT)
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- In Apr 2022, construction steel sales volume reached 300,000 tons (-30% yoy) and HRC reached 256,000 tons (+20% yoy). The export of construction steel reached 93,000 tons (+28% yoy).
- 4M2022: construction steel sales volume reached 1.6 million tons (+28% yoy) and HRC reached 1 million tons (+16% yoy). (Source: HPG)
CTR (Viettel Construction JSC)
- 4M2022: revenue of $118.14 mn (+16% yoy, 32% year target) and PBT of $6.62 mn, (+25% yoy, 29.5% year target).
- Telecom infrastructure operation (60% total revenue) increased by 3.3% yoy, construction (24% revenue) increased by 37.5% yoy and telecom infrastructure leasing (3% revenue) increased by 61.8% yoy. IT solutions reached $11.65 mn (-49.6% yoy). (Source: CTR)
VCI (Viet Capital Securities JSC)
- VCI has successfully signed a syndicated loan facility worth $100 mn with foreign banks. The loan is co-arranged by Mega International Commercial Bank (Megabank), applying the short-term interest rates based on the international money market.
VJC (Vietjet Aviation JSC)
- Vietjet will launch two direct routes connecting Hà Noi to the Japanese cities of Nagoya and Fukuoka and its first service from Bangkok to Fukuoka in
- The Ha Noi and Fukuoka route will operate from 2 July (three flights/week) and The Ha Noi – Nagoya route will commence on 3 July (four flights/week). Meanwhile, the Bangkok-Fukuoka route will have three flights a week from 15 July (three flights/week).
VRE(Vincom Retail JSC)
- RWC Partners sold 3,983,900 VRE shares on 6 May 2022, decreasing its ownership from 5.02% to 4.85% (110,169,944 shares). (Source: HSX).
FPT (FPT Corp.)
- Dragon Capital bought 698,600 FPT shares on 10 May 2022, increasing its ownership from 4.98% to 5.05% (45,856,805 shares). (Source: HSX).
NLG (Nam Long Investment Corp.)
- Dragon Capital bought 1 million NLG shares on 6 May 2022, increasing its ownership from 5.84% to 6.1% (23,379,112 shares). (Source: HSX).
PTI (Post – Telecommunication Joint – Stock Insurance Corp.)
- I.P.A Investments Group JSC (IPA) registered to buy 4.2 mil. shares of PTI (5.2% OS) from 13 May to 10 Jun 2022, to become a major shareholder of PTI by matching or put-through. IPA currently holds no shares of PTI.
KSB (Binh Duong Mineral and Construction JSC)
- Plans to issue nearly 92 million more shares:
- Stock dividend: 20% (15.26 million shares)
- ESOP issuance of 3.5 million shares (equivalent to 4.59% OS). Lock-up: 2 years. Exercise price: VND 10,000 per share. Implementation time: Q4/2022 and Q1/2023, after approval of AGM and SSC.
- Issuance to existing shareholders of 38.1 million shares, the ratio is 2:1, at VND16,000 per share. Implementation time: Q2-Q3/2022.
- Private placement: 35 million shares at VND25,000/share in 2022-2023. (Source: KSB)
|FPT||FPT Corporation||10% cash (2021)||Jun-22||Jul-22|
|20% stock (2021)||Jun-22|
|FRT||FPT Digital Retail Joint Stock Company||5% cash (2021)||Jun-22||Jul-22|
|50% stock (2021)|
|MIG||Military Insurance Company||15% stock (2021)||Q2-Q3/2022|
|DRC||Danang Rubber Joint Stock Company||15% cash (2nd 2021)||1-Jun-22||16-Jun-22|
|PTB||Phu Tai Joint Stock Company||5% cash (2021)||26-May-22||17-Jun-22|
|40% stock (2021)||26-May-22|
|VGC||Viglacera Corporation – JSC||15% cash (2021)||17-May-22||9-Jun-22|
|NLG||Nam Long Investment Corp.||5.587% cash (2nd 2021)||24-May-22||30-Jun-22|
|GEX||GELEX Group JSC||5% cash (2021)||2022|
|SCS||SCSC Cargo Service Corp.||30% cash (2021)||19-May-22||8-Jun-22|
|VSC||Vietnam Container Shipping JSC||10% stock (2021)||2022|
|MSH||Song Hong Garment JSC||50% stock (2021)||After SSC’s approval|