FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 7/3 – 11/3/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
TForeign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
The number of Newly Opened Domestic Individual Accounts in Feb 2022
- There were 210,765 newly retail opened accounts in Feb 2022 (+269.7% yoy and +8.47% mom). (Source:VSD)
Bualuang Securities issues DR Diamond ETF
- Bualuang Securities is preparing to issue DR (Depositary Receipt) based on DCVFM VNDiamond ETF fund certificate (FUEVFVND) managed by Dragon Capital.
- DR Diamond is the 2nd DR that Bualuang Securites issues, after the first DR based on DCVFM VN30 ETF (E1VFVN30) in 2018.
- The latest data at the end of February 2022 shows that Thai investors are holding 183.9 million DR E1VFVN30, equivalent to $204.35 million, equal to approximately 50% of the DCVFM VN30 ETF size.
FTSE Vietnam Index review Q1/2022
- FTSE Vietnam Index announced that it will add DPM, VCG, and VND into the Index in the review in Q1/2022. The number of Vietnamese equities in the FTSE Vietnam Index has climbed to 29.
- The Ministry of Finance (MoF) proposes to reduce environmental protection tax for gasoline, oil as follows:
- Gasoline (except ethanol) decreased by 1,000 VND/liter (from 4,000 VND/liter to 3,000 VND/liter)
- Diesel, fuel oil, and lubricating oil reduced by 1,000 VND/liter (from 2,000 VND/liter to 1,000 VND/liter)
- New Environmental protection tax rates are expected to apply from April 01 to Dec 31, 2022.
Petrol prices in Vietnam simultaneously increased from 11 March 2022
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade has just increased the retail price of gasoline from 11 March 2022. The increase this time is as expected, extraordinarily strong, ranging from approximately 3,000 to nearly 4,000 VND/liter, depending on the type.
- Accordingly, the price of gasoline E5 RON92 rose by 2,910 VND/liter to 28,980 VND/liter. Petrol RON95 rose by 2,990 VND/liter to 29,820 VND/liter. The prices of kerosene, diesel oil and mazut oil also increased 2,520-3,950 VND.
VCI (Viet Capital Securities JSC)
- 2022 plan: revenue of $140.9 million (-12.6% yoy), PBT of $82.6 million (+2.7% yoy). 2021 dividend: 30% stock dividend. ESOP: 2 million shares at VND12,500 per share. (Source: VCI)
FPT (FPT Corp)
- FPT proposed to invest 3 projects in Khanh Hoa province with 850ha of area, including: FPT Technology and Education Urban Area (150ha); Digital transformation center and service city (350ha) and the tourist resort complex (350ha).
SHB (Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- The Viet Nam Securities Depository (VSD) just announced the adjustment of the foreign ownership rate of SHB to a maximum of 30% (from 10% previously), effective from 4 Mar 2022. Currently, foreign investors are holding about 3.3% of SHB. (Source: HSX)
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- HPG’s container factory has been under construction since November 2021. Total capacity reaches 500,000 TEU/year, focusing on popular container products with length of 20-40 feet.The factory will test run in the third quarter of 2022 and start bringing products to the market from Q4/2022. Phase 1 has capacity of 200,000TEU/year, expected to operate at 100% capacity by the end of 2023. (Source: HPG)
VND (VNDirect Securities Corp.)
- VND successfully issued $43.48 million of bond to 5 local institutions and 6 foreign institutions. Maturity: 1-3 years. Type: non-convertible unsecured bonds, without warrant. (Source: HSX)
NLG (Nam Long Investment Corp.)
- NLG approved private placement bond issuance plan with total value $43.48 million. Bond term: up to 7 years. Interest: VND Fixed Base rate + 3.5%/year. Type: non-convertible unsecured bonds, without warrant. (Source: NLG)
NVL (No Va Land Investment Group Corp.)
- NVL proposes to survey and invest in a 30,000ha “megacity” in Lam Dong, including a complete urban complex with a variety of housing products, tourist villas, commercial centers, schools, green parks ….
STB (Sai Gon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- Dragon Capital bought 1.25 million STB shares on 10 March 2022, increasing its ownership from 4.98% to 5.05% (95,219,600 shares). (Source: HSX)