FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 07/2 – 11/02/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Vietnam’s trade balance in Jan 2022
- General Department of Vietnam Customs recorded a trade surplus of $1.4 billion, upwardly revised from $0.5 billion deficit estimated earlier by the GSO (General Statistics Office).
- Exports in Jan-22 rose 8.0% yoy to $30.8 billion. Meanwhile, Jan-22’s imports rose 11.3% yoy to $29.5 billion.
The Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) of Vietnam
- The Vietnam Manufacturing PMI rose to 53.7 in January 2022 from 52.5 in December, signalling a solid improvement in business conditions that was the most marked since April 2021.
- MSCI kept Vietnamese stocks unchanged in MSCI Frontier Market Index and MSCI Frontier Markets Small Cap Index in its first quarterly index review of year. As of January 31, 2022, Vietnam accounted for the highest proportion in the MSCI Frontier Markets Index with 30.19%. In which HPG, VIC, VHM, VNM are in top 10 weights of the portfolio.
Retail Brokerage Accounts
- There were 194,305 newly opened accounts in Jan 2022 (+126% yoy but a drop of -14% mom). (Source:VSD)
- Minister of MoIT requires oil and gas corporations to ensure supply under any circumstances.
- Nghi Son Refinery plans to run 100% capacity from 15 Mar 2022.
- PetroVietnam Oil Corporation (OIL) and Viet Nam National Petroleum Group (PLX) have plans to increase import further to ensure gasoline supply for the market according to the registered plan.
- PVN directs Binh Son Refining and Petrochemical (BSR) to maintain safe, stable, continuous operation, and increase capacity to 103%, and expected to raise the maximum capacity of 108%.
MSN (Masan Group Corp.)
- MSN : bought an additional 31% stake in Phuc Long, raising its ownership rate to 51%. At $110 million for 31% stake, Phuc Long’s equity valuation is $355 million.
VIC (Vingroup JSC)
- VIC’s 4Q21 net loss of $259.3 million (vs. a net profit of $62.63 million in the same period last year) and full year 2021, net loss of $120.5 million. The larger loss was mainly caused by COVID-19 related charitable expenses and costs related to the cessation of ICE vehicle production.
- VIC’s net loss in 2021 could see it placed onto a warning list by the HSX as qualifications are reviewed. This could lead to the possibility that some ETFs may remove VIC from their portfolios, and VIC may also be removed from margin lending lists of securities companies.
SSI (SSI Securities Corp.)
- SSI has approved the plan to issue 10 million ESOP shares, at the price of 10,000 VND/share, with limited transfer rights for 5 years. The release progress is as follows: first 50% after 2 years, 50% after 3 years from the issuance date. (Source: HSX)
SHS (Saigon – Hanoi Securities JSC)
- SHS plans to issue 325,065,027 shares (ratio 1:1) to existing shareholders at price of VND12,000 per share. (Source: HNX)
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- To 22 Jan 2022, sales volume look strong despite Tet effect with total sales volume of 725,100 tonnes (+13.6% yoy). Accordingly, construction steel nearly doubles yoy to 367,400 tonnes, (besides the low base effect in Jan-21) in the context of raising ASPs. HRC volume came at 228,000 tonnes (-9.7% yoy but +5% mom. Construction steel export was 116,000 tons, 3 times higher than the corresponding period last year.
- HPG will export 35,000 tons of hot rolled coil (HRC) steel to Italy in the middle of this month. This is the group’s first order of the year to Europe.
- HPG wants to expand its steel production by conducting the Hoa Phat Dung Quat 2 Steel Integrated Complex project which will focus on producing HRC steel. When in place, the complex, with a capacity of 5.6 million tons a year, will raise HPG’s annual steel production capacity to 14 million tons, including 8.6 million tons of HRC.
KBC (Kinh Bac City Development Holding Corp.)
- KBC registered to sell all 5.95 million treasury shares from Feb 16 to March 16 via matching and/or put through.
- KBC approved stock dividend plan of 3:1 meaning 191.9 million shares to be issued. Approved private placement plan of 150 million (26.33% OS) with limited transfer rights is as follow: 36 months for strategic investors and 18 months for professional investors.
- Dragon Capital has bought 1.7 million shares of KBC on 7 Feb 2022, raising its holding from 7.7% to 8.02%. (Source: HSX)
LAS (Lam Thao Fertilizers And Chemicals JSC)
- Vinachem will sell 21.2 million shares via auction from 4 Mar 2022. Starting price: VND27,100/share. This is the 2nd auction as no investors participated in the previous auction. Vinachem will reduce its ownership at LAS from 69.82% of charter capital to 51% if the auction is successful. (Source: HNX)