FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 04/07 – 08/07/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Source : Fiinpro
HSBC upgrades Viet Nam’s GDP forecast to 6.9% in 2022
- HSBC has revised Viet Nam’s GDP growth forecast from 6.6% to 6.9% in 2022 following large-scale economic recovery and 7.72% GDP growth rate in Q2.
- Vietnam’s inflation is forecast to stand at about 3.5% this year, but it may surpass the ceiling of 4% between Q4/2022 and Q2/2023, requiring the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) begin normalising the monetary policy. HSBC expects SBV to raise interest rate by 50bps since Q3/2022 and increase by 50bps each quarter until Q3/2023.
Vietnam inflation under control: IMF
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecast Vietnam’s inflation 2022 to rise to 3.9%, below the Government’s target of 4%.
The number of Newly Opened Domestic Individual Accounts in June 2022
- There were 466,071 retail accounts opened in June 2022 (+232.78% yoy and -2.15% mom). (Source: VSD)
- At the end of June, credit growth reached 9.35% – a significantly high level in the past five years but still maintain the same pace as the increase in April and May. According to Vice Chairman of SBV, the credit focuses on production and funding to risky areas are well-controlled.
- The National Assembly approved to reduce environmental protection tax by 1,000 VND for gasoline, effective from 11 Jul 2022. Of which:
- Gasoline decreased by 50% (from 2,000 VND/liter to 1,000 VND/liter)
- Flight fuel decreased by 33.33% (from 1,500 VND/liter to the floor level of 1,000 VND/liter)
- Diesel oil decreased by 50% (from 1,000 VND/liter to 500 VND/liter)
- Fuel oil, grease decreased by 70% (from 1,000 VND/liter to the floor level of 300 VND/kg).
- Kerosene: maintain the level of VND 300 per liter because it’s already the floor level of environmental tax
- Currently: domestic gasoline retail price is subjected to 4 main taxes: Import tax (4%), Excise tax (8-10%), Environmental protection tax (VND2,000/liter) and VAT (10%)
- Gasoline prices skyrocketed, airlines proposed to increase the ceiling of airfares. The Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam proposed to adjust the ceiling of the domestic passenger transportation service price bracket to the same level as of 2014 (an average increase of 3.75% compared to the current regulated price bracket).
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- June 2022, construction steel sales volume reached 348,000 tons (+51% yoy) and HRC reached 202,000 tons (-12% yoy). The increase in sales volume was thanks to the robust demand of the Southern and the export market. The export of construction steel increased by 60% yoy thanks to the entrance of HPG to the new markets Singapore and Hongkong.
- 1H2022: construction steel sales volume reached 2.38 million tons (+29% yoy) and HRC reached 1.4 million tons (+7% yoy). (Source: HPG)
POW (PetroVietnam Power Corp.)
- 1H2022: revenue of $646.3 mn (-5% yoy, 63% target year) and NPAT of $50.4mn (-19%yoy, 56% target year). While volumes of Nhon Trach 1, Nhon Trach 2, Lea Na and Dakrinh increased sharply, volumes in 1H2022 of POW only reached 7.1bn kWh (-25% yoy, 51.4% year target) due to the decrease in Vung Ang 1, Ca Mau 1 & 2 thermal power plants. (Source: POW)
TPB (Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- Q2/2022 PBT of $95.65 mn (+39% yoy) and 1H2022 PBT of $164.7 mn (+26% yoy). NPL ratio is strictly controlled under 1%.
- TPB’s total assets in 1H2022 increased 5.9% ytd (1H2021: +17.4%); the growth was quite modest mainly since TPB didn’t yet get new credit quota from SBV (State Bank of Vietnam).
DGW (DIGIWORLD CORP.)
- DGW estimated 1H2022 business result: revenue of $513.48 mn (+28% yoy) and PAT of $15.26 mn (+58% yoy).
PAC (Dry Cell & Storage Battery JSC)
- Preliminary H12022 results: Revenue of $91.96 mn (+9.8% yoy) and PBT of $4.48 mn (-3% yoy). Prices of lead and zinc, the key materials for PAC’s production of storage batteries and dry cell batteries, have been surging due to global supply chain disruptions, causing lower gross profit margin. (Source: PAC)
GVR (Vietnam Rubber Group – JSC)
- GVR estimated Q2/2022 business result: revenue of $293.78 mn (+19% yoy) and PBT of $48.74 mn (-17.4% yoy).
- H12022: revenue of $506.52 mn (+10.5% yoy) and PBT of $113.9 mn (+2.0% yoy). (Source: GVR)
TCB (Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- Planning to issue over 6.3mn ESOP shares at VND10,000/share this year. Post issuance, charter capital will increase to $1.53 bn. (Source: TCB)
CTS (Viet Nam Bank for Industry & Trade Securities JSC)
- Approved the plan of issuing 25.2mn shares (21.96% stock dividend + 7.46% bonus share) to raise charter capital to $64.7mn. (Source: CTS)
VHC (Vinh Hoan Corp.)
- VHC decided to increase capital contribution at Vinh Hoan Pangasius Seed Production Co., Ltd by $2.1mn, bringing Vinh Hoan’s holding in this subsidiary to $6.4mn, accounting for more than 98% of the total charter capital.
HVT (Viet Tri Chemical JSC)
- Vinachem auction 1.9 mn shares of HVT, starting price of VND 66,046/share (market price = VND 51,000/share), equivalent to the expected earnings of $5.5mn. Auction day: 28 July 2022. Vinachem previously auctioned these shares in May at the same starting price but attracted only 4 investors with 400 shares. HVT’s main production is the producing basic chemicals such as caustic soda (NaOH), acid (HCL), javen, chlorine, liquid PAC and powder PAC. (Source: HNX)
IDC (IDICO Corporation – JSC)
- IDC registered to purchase 1.3 mn shares of UIC (Idico Urban & House Development JSC- HSX) from 12 Jul to 5 Aug 2022. Post transaction, IDC will increase its holding at UIC from 51% OS to 66.93% OS. (Source: HSX)
NBB (NBB Investment Corp.)
- CII (Ho Chi Minh City Infrastructure Investment JSC) registered to sell 10 million NBB shares via put through from 7 Jul to 5 Aug 2022, decreasing its ownership from 47.51% to 37.52% (37,581,332 shares). (Source: HSX)
VIX (VIX Securities JSC)
- Mr. Nguyen Van Tuan (CEO’s brother) registered to buy 1 million VIX shares from 7 Jul to 5 Aug 2022, increasing his ownership from 14.84% to 15.02% (82,481,678 shares). (Source: HSX)
OIL (PetroVietnam Oil Corp.)
- Dividend 2021: 3.5% cash.
- Ex- date: 19 Jul 2022
- Payment date: 10 Aug 2022. (Source: OIL)
DPM (Petrovietnam Fertilizer & Chemicals Corp.)
- Second dividend 2021: 40% cash.
- Ex- date: 20 Jul 2022
- Payment date: 23 Aug 2022. (Source: HSX)