FIDES(VIETNAM) Market Statistics 04/05 – 06/05/2022
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Macro: 4 months 2022
- CPI: The Consumer Price Index (CPI) in April 2022 increased by 2.64% yoy and 0.18% mom. On average, in 4M2022, the CPI increased by 2.10% yoy and core inflation increased by 0.97% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- Export – Import: In Apr 2022, exports of $33.26 bn (+25.27% yoy) and imports of $32.19 bn (+15.89% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $1.07 bn. 4M2022, exports of $122.36 bn (+16.6% yoy) and imports of $119.83 bn (+15.99% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $2.53 bn. (Source: GSO)
- Retail sales: In Apr 2022, retail sales ($19.8 bn) increased by 12.1% yoy, driven by retail sales of goods (+12.4% yoy), accommodation, food & beverage (+14.8% yoy) and tourism services (+49.4% yoy). 4M2022, retail sales ($77.28 bn) increased by 6.5% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- PMI: The Vietnam Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) was unchanged at 51.7 in Apr 2022 as business conditions improved for the seventh successive month. Pandemic disruption reduced in April. There are still a range of headwinds limiting the pace of expansion, most notably the continued pandemic difficulties in China and ongoing sharp price rises
Ministry of Industry and Trade issues decision to maintain anti-dumping measures of alloy steel
- On 5 May 2022, Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) announced to upholding the application of anti-dumping measures on some flat-rolled or non-alloy steel products originating from the Republic of Korea and China.
U.S. investigates trade defense tax evasion with Vietnamese wooden cabinets
- Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) has warned about the US initiating an investigation against trade remedy tax evasion for wooden cabinets imported from Vietnam.
- On 27 April 2022, the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) received a request for scope ruling and anti-circumvention of wood cabinets imported from Vietnam and Malaysia. It is expected that the DOC will decide to initiate an investigation by the end of May 2022.
PLX (Viet Nam National Petroleum Group-Petrolimex)
- Q1/2022: revenue of $2.91 bn (+75.23% yoy) and PAT of $10.58 mn (-63.2% yoy).
- The strong revenue growth was thanks to surging petroleum prices.
- PAT decreased due to: (1) Nghi Son refinery reduced its utilization that caused PLX to import input at higher prices & (2) inventory provision expense ($22.74 mn) in Q1/2022. (Source: PLX)
POW (PetroVietnam Power Corp.)
- Q1/2022: revenue of $307.02 mn (-7.83% yoy) and PAT of $31.36 mn (+41.91% yoy).
- Total volume decreased by 21% yoy due to volume plunging at both the Vung Ang coal-fired power plant (due to a technical issue with a generator) and Ca Mau plant (due to intense competition from wind power mainly located in Mekong Delta). (Source: PLX)
FRT (FPT Digital Retail JSC)
- Q1/2022: revenue of $338.51 mn (+66.9% yoy) and PAT of $7.16 mn (+5.3x yoy).
- FPT shop’s revenue (73% total revenue) increased by 38% yoy thanks to: incresed by 74% yoy in laptop sales and strong demand for iPhones.
- Long Chau Pharmacy’s revenue (28% total revenue) increased by 3.7x due to: (1) rapid store expansion and (2) increased average sales/store.
- At the end of Q1/2022, FRT had 676 FPT Shop stores and 546 Long Chau stores. (Source: FRT)
HSG (Hoa Sen Group)
- First quarter 2022: revenue of $550.48 mn (+16.7% yoy) and PAT of $10.17 mn (-77.4% yoy). Key reason for profit collapse: Volume drops (-13.3% yoy), GPM drops (due to high prices of HRC in HSG inventory) and higher SG&A expenses (logistic, distribution network expansion) (Source: HSG)
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- HPG plans to pay 2021 dividend: 5% cash and 30% stock. Expected time: Q2 or Q3/2022. (Source: HPG)
CTG (Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry & Trade)
- CTG plans to increase its charter capital to $2.3bn by issued more than 569 million shares to pay dividend 2020 (ratio at 11.8488%). (Source:CTG)
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corp.)
- MWG plans to pay 2021 dividend:10% cash and 100% stock. Expected time: Jun or Jul 2022 after being approved by the State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC). (Source: MWG)
VHC (Vinh Hoan Corp.)
- VHC approved to sell all 1.4 million treasury shares (0.79% OS). Expected trading period: after being approved by the State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC). (Source: HSX)
NLG (Nam Long Investment Corp.)
- Dragon Capital bought 1.4 million NLG shares from 4 May 2022, increasing its ownership from 4.72% to 5.09% (19,491,112 shares). (Source: HSX)
GEX (GELEX Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital sold 1.7 million GEX shares on April 29, decreasing its ownership from 6.18% to 5.98% (50,896,708 shares)
- Mr Nguyen Van Tuan (CEO) recently registered to buy 10 million GEX shares from 25 Apr to 24 May 2022, increasing his ownership from 22.58% to 23.75% (202,275,993 shares). (Source: GEX)