FIDES (VIETNAM) Market Statistics 9/1 – 13/1/2023
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Vietnam fastest growing regional economy 2023: World Bank
- The World Bank expects Vietnam to be the fastest-expanding economy in Asean 2023 at 6.3%, a little lower than the Government’s 6.5% target.
Vietnam Trade Balance 2022
- According to Vietnam Custom, in Dec 2022, exports of $29.03 bn (-15.79% yoy) and imports of $27.29 bn (-14.03% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $1.74 bn.
- In 2022, exports of $371.3 bn (+10.45% yoy) and imports of $358.9 bn (+7.83% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $12.4 bn (2021: surplus of $3.32 bn). (Source: CUSTOM).
- This week, SBV resumed purchasing USD from commercial banks at 23,450 VND, estimated volumes is at roughly $2 bn. The operation is not only pumping liquidity for the banking system but also recover the foreign reserves, which has been sold out roughly $29 bn in 2022.
Yadea pours $100 mn into electric motorcycle plant in the northern
- China’s Yadea Group will invest $100 mn in a factory specializing in manufacturing and assembling electric motorcycles with a capacity of 2 million vehicles/year in Bac Giang province (northern). The project will be implemented in Q2/2023.
- Yadea is known as a world’s leading distributor and manufacturer of two-wheeled electric motorcycles. Yadea expects to have about 500,000 vehicles sold in Vietnam and about 100,000 vehicles exported worldwide.
BOE plans $400 mn investment for new 02 factories in Vietnam
- BOE Technology Group (China) is planning to invest $400 mn in building 02 factories in Northern Vietnam on a 100 ha area. Specifically, BOE will invest $150 mn in the 20 ha remote control factory and $250 mn in a 50 ha for OLED display manufacturing. The projects will be implemented in 2025.
- Currently, BOE owns a small factory in the Southern region specializing in TV display for Samsung and LG Electronics.
- Ms. Ta Thanh Binh (Director of the Securities Market Development Department at the State Securities Commission of Vietnam _SSC) shared that SSC is determined to run the KRX trading system since mid-2023.
- Brokerage market share 2022
- The HOSE announces the securities brokerage market share of 5 leading securities companies in Q4/2022 as follows: VPS (14.81%), SSI (9.96%), VNDS (7.51%), MAS (6.31%), HSC (6.19%).
- In 2022, the securities brokerage market share of 5 leading securities companies: VPS (17.38%), SSI (9.84%), VNDS (7.88%), HSC (5.72%), MAS (5.47%). (Source: HSX)
- There are 98,785 new domestic individual securities accounts opened in Dec 2022 (-56.37% yoy and +11.83% mom). In 2022, there are 2,581,909 new securities accounts opened (+68% yoy). (Source: VSD)
- Vietnam vehicles sales in Dec 2022 reached 35,301 units (-3% mom, -24% yoy), of which: domestically assembled cars accounted for 17,666 (-6% mom) and imported cars made up 17,635 units (+0.4% mom). Sale of passenger cars decreased by 8% mom while sale of commercial vehicles and special-purpose vehicles increased by 20% mom and 67% mom, respectively.
- In 2022, total vehicles sales reached 404,635 units (+33% yoy), of which: 316,941 are passenger cars (+48% yoy), 82,714 are commercial vehicles (-1.5% yoy) and 4,980 are special-purpose vehicles (-14% yoy). Domestically assembled cars accounted for 226,487 units (+30% yoy) and imported cars made up 178,148 units (+37% yoy). (Source: VAMA)
Oil & Gas
- Nghi Son Refinery announced to basically solve the technical issue arose at the end of Dec-2022. The plant will reoperate no later than Jan-15 and resume full capacity after 3-4 days, followed by a 105-107% capacity operation to make up for the shortfall in the temporary suspension for troubleshooting.
- Nghi Son’s average capacity in 2022 is nearly 88% (equivalent to 8.9 mn tonnes of crude oil input), with 7.4mn tonnes of outcomes to the market, including 7.7mn m3 gasoline for domestic consumption.
- Nghi Son is planning to operate at 80% capacity in 2023 considering 02 months of maintenance, equivalent to processing 7.96 mn tonnes of crude oil.
Banking sector: Announced preliminary business result
PLX (Viet Nam National Petroleum Group)
- PLX estimated 2022: revenue of $12.77 bn (+78% yoy) and PBT of $88 mn (-45% yoy). Total sales volume reached 13.76 million m3 (+11% yoy, completed 113% target year).
- Q4/2022, revenue of $3.16 bn (+50% yoy) and PBT of $61.87 mn (+75% yoy). (Source: PLX)
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- HPG announced to increase steel selling price by 200,000 VND/ton, effective since 12 Jan 2023.
- This is the second time HPG has increased selling price in 2023. (Source: HPG).
VGC (Viglacera Corporation – JSC)
- VGC estimated 2022 PBT of $97.36 mn (+48% yoy, completed 135% target year). (Source: VGC)
VJC (Vietjet Aviation JSC)
- Vietjet signed an MOU on operation of the first non-stop route connecting Ho Chi Minh City and Melbourne since 31 Mar 2023. This is the second direct route from Vietnam to Australia, after the Hanoi-Melbourne route operated by Bamboo Airways.
PVP (Pacific Petroleum Transportation JSC)
- On 17 Jan 2023, PVP (PVT’s subsidiary: 64.92%) will list more than 94.27 million shares on HSX. Reference price on the first trading day of PVP is 10,350 VND/share, the price range on the first trading day is +/-20%.
- Crude oil transportation business is the main and most important business of PVP.
GEG (Gia Lai Electricity JSC)
- GEG approved the establishment of Solwind Energy JSC operating in renewable energy. This company’s charter capital is $4.26 mn, of which GEG holds 49.99%.
- Also, GEG dissolved two subsidiaries, Phong Dien Solar Power Company Limited and Gia Lai Construction and Electromechanical One Member Company Limited. (Source: GEG)
VCG (Vietnam Construction and Import-Export JSC)
- VCG approved to sell 6 million shares (60% stakes) in Vinaconex electromechanical JSC. (Source: HSX)
- Post transaction, VCG will hold 500,000 shares (5% stakes).
HBC (Hoa Binh Construction Group JSC)
- Mr. Le Viet Hai (founder of HBC, holds 17.14% stake) has recently requested to convene an extraordinary shareholder meeting to dismiss some board members. (Source: HSX)
HAH (Hai An Transport & Stevedoring JSC)
- Sao A D.C Investment JSC bought 1.2 million HAH shares on 3 Jan 2023, increasing its ownership from 7.25% to 8.96% (6.3 million shares). (Source: HSX)
BAF (BAF Viet Nam Agriculture JSC)
- Siba Holdings (related to chairman) bought 4.53 million BAF shares from 27 Dec 2022 to 10 Jan 2023 via put through, increasing its ownership from 37.32% to 40.48% (58,098,400 shares). (Source: HSX)
HDB (Ho Chi Minh City Development Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- Mr. Pham Quoc Thanh (CEO) bought 1 million HDB shares via order matching from 6 Dec 22 to 4 Jan 23, increasing his ownership from 0.075% to 0.09% (2.3 million shares). (Source: HSX)
OCB (Orient Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- Mr. Nguyen Viet Trieu (related to BoD member) registered to sell 1 million OCB shares via order matching/put through from 10 Jan to 8 Feb 2023, decreasing his ownership from 0.38% to 0.306% (4.2 million shares). (Source: HSX)
VPB (Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- Dragon Capital bought 3.45 million VPB shares on 4 Jan 2023, increasing their ownership from 5.95% to 6.0% (402.92 million shares). (Source: HSX)
PVD (PetroVietnam Drilling & Well Services Corp.)
- Dragon Capital bought 1.1 million PVD shares on 30 Dec 2022, increasing their ownership from 10.99% to 11.19% (62.18 million shares). (Source: HSX)
KDH (Khang Dien House Trading and Investment JSC)
- VOF Investment Ltd (Vinacapital) registered to sell all 5.89 million KDH shares (0.83% OS) via order matching/put through from 17 Jan to 15 Feb 2023.
- Previously, VOF sold 4.11 million KDH shares out of 10 million shares registered from 12 Dec 2022 to 10 Jan 202023. (Source: HSX)