FIDES (VIETNAM) Market Statistics 9/1 – 13/1/2023
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
- BCM officially entered the VN30 basket to replace KDH in the Jan-2023 review. Applied from 6 Feb 2023.
- VNDIRECT forecasts that funds can buy more than 294,000 BCM shares and sell about 3.8 million KDH shares.
- The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) issued Directive No. 01/CT-NHNN which mentioned the credit growth target of 14-15% in 2023, with adjustments in line with developments and actual situations.
- The rental of industrial real estate in Vietnam in 2022 went up 10% year-on-year to an average $100-120 per square meter, according to the Vietnam Association of Realtors.
- VARS data shows that the price was the highest in Ho Chi Minh City, at between $180 and $300 per square meter per lease period. The figures were $125-175 in Long An province, $100-250 in Binh Duong province, and $100-200 in Dong Nai province, all manufacturing centers in southern Vietnam.
- In the northern region, rent was lower at between $90 and $120.
- Vietnam’s planning now features 563 industrial parks. The occupation rate reached 80%, of which the southern province of Binh Duong with 29 industrial parks had the highest figure at 95%. (Source: Vietnam Association of Realtors)
FPT (FPT Corp.)
- 2022: revenue of 1.87 bn (+23.4% yoy, completed 104% target year) and PBT of $325.7 mn (+20.8% yoy, completed 100% target year).
- The technology segment: revenue reached $1.09 bn (+23.1% yoy) and PBT reached $145.6 mn (+22.2% yoy).
- The telecom segment: revenue reached $626.8 mn (+16.1% yoy) and PBT reached $120 mn (+17.6% yoy).
- The education segment remained robust, with revenue growth by 68.6% yoy and PBT growth by 23.8% yoy. (Source: FPT)
HPG (Hoa Phat Group JSC)
- Q4/2022: revenue of $1.1 bn (-42% yoy) and net loss of $85.1 mn.
- 2022: revenue of $ 6.04 bn (-5% yoy) and PAT of $357.44 mn (-76% yoy). (Source: HPG)
CTD (Coteccons Construction JSC)
- 2022 revenue estimated at $617mn (+60% yoy, reaching 97% of the whole year plan).
- In 2022, CTD implemented 65 projects, notably Lego, Diamond Crown projects in Hai Phong, Vinfast Factory… Expected in 2023, the total backlog value is at $723.4mn. (Source: CTD)
CTR (Viettel Construction JSC)
- 2022: revenue of $400 mn (+26% yoy, completed 109% target year 2022) and PBT of $23.66 mn (+18% yoy, completed 108% target year 2022).
- Revenue growth was led by robust results of construction ($111.8 mn, +70% yoy, accounting for 28% revenue), Telecom infrastructure operation ($221.8 mn, +17.6% yoy, accounting for 56% revenue), telecom infrastructure leasing ($13.4 mn, +56.2% yoy, accounting for 3% revenue). Revenue from the integrated solutions segment decreased by 15.4% (accounting for 10% revenue).
- CTR owns 4,286 tower stations and tenancy rate remains at 1.03 at the end of 2022. (Source: CTR)
BMP (Binh Minh Plastics JSC)
- Q4/2022: revenue of $59.9 mn (-1% yoy) and PAT of $10.55 mn (+2.2x yoy). This is the highest profit BMP has ever received, thanks to: strong gross profit margin expansion amid favorable input plastic. Q4/2022 GPM increased to 34% from 20% (Q4/2021).
- 2022: revenue of $247.1 mn (+28% yoy) and PAT of $29.6 mn (+3.3x yoy). (Source: BMP)
VHC (Vinh Hoan Corp.)
- In Dec 2022, revenue of $40.8 mn (+7%% yoy and +7.4% mom), of which: pangasius sales decreased by 43.8% yoy, by-products sales decreased by 44.6% yoy and Collagen & gelatin sales increased by 31.3% yoy. EU market increasing by 56.3% yoy while US decreased by 62.6% yoy and China decreased by 72.8% yoy.
- 2022: revenue of $585.7 mn (+58.8% yoy), of which: pangasius products ($359.6 mn, +41.8% yoy), by-products ($99.2 mn, +37.4% yoy), collagen & gelatin ($37.7 mn, +37.9% yoy). By market: US ($250.5 mn, +55.7% yoy), EU ($77.3 mn, +30.9% yoy) and China ($55.1 mn, -3.1% yoy). (Source: VHC)
- Q4/2022: revenue of $18.3 mn (-13.5% yoy), of which: virgin yarn decreased by 40% yoy and recycled revenue yarn increased by 32% yoy. PAT of $1.87 mn (-40.4% yoy) due to: STK ssrecognized a one-off income tax refund in Q4/2021 ($0.94 mn)
- 2022: revenue of $90 mn (+3.5% yoy) and PAT of $10.3 mn (-13.3% yoy). (Source: VHC)
EIB (Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Export Import Bank)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. (Japan) sold 132,815,207 EIB shares on 13 Jan 2023, decreasing its ownership from 15.07% to 4.27% (52,514,000 shares). (Source: HSX)