FIDES (VIETNAM) Market Statistics 29/5 – 2/6/2023
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Macro 5 months 2023
- CPI: The Consumer Price Index (CPI) in May 2023 increased by 2.43% yoy and 0.01% mom. On average, in 5M2023, the CPI increased by 3.55% yoy and core inflation increased by 4.83% yoy.
- Export – Import: In May 2023, export of $29.05 bn (-6.04% yoy) and import of $26.81 bn (-17.8% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $2.24 bn. 5M2023, export of $136.17 bn (-11.17% yoy) and import of $126.37 bn (-17.33% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $9.8 bn.
- Retail sales: In May 2023, retail sales ($22.09 bn) increased by 11.5% yoy, driven by retail sales of goods (+10.9% yoy), accommodation, food & beverage (+12.1% yoy) and tourism services (+40.3% yoy). 5M2023, retail sales ($107.54 bn) increased by 12.6% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- PMI (The Purchasing Managers’ Index): Vietnam’s PMI dropped to 45.3 in May from 46.7 in April, thereby signalling a third successive monthly deterioration in operating conditions. New orders declined to the most extent in the last 20 months and some corporates decided to cut the workload and labor in respondence to relatively low new orders.
- 5M023, total registered foreign direct investment (FDI) reached $10.86 bn (-7.3% yoy). In which: newly registered capital reached $5.26 bn (+27.82% yoy), additionally registered capital reached $2.28 bn (-59.38% yoy) and share contribution and acquisition reached $3.3 bn (+67.22% yoy). Singapore is the largest investor with a total investment of $2.53 bn (accounting for 23.3% total registered capital), followed by Japan (19%, $2.07 bn) and China (14.8%, $1.61 bn). FDI disbursement decreased by 0.78% yoy to $7.65 bn. (Source: Ministry of Planning & Investment)
- Mitsubishi Corporation Mitsubishi plans to research and invest in Quang Ninh province in a number of fields of information technology, energy and especially auxiliary factories for the automobile and motorcycle manufacturing industry.
Oil & Gas
- In 5 months of 2023, PVN’s crude oil exploitation output reached 4.41 mn tons (completing 47.5% target year) and gas exploitation output reached 3.42 bn m3 (completing 57.6% target year). Electricity production reached 10.03 bn kWh (+46.6% yoy, completing 42.5% target year) while production of gasoline and oil (including Nghi Son refinery products) reached 6.3 mn tons ((+18.1% yoy, completing 56% target year). (Source: PetroVietnam – PVN)
Renewable power sector
- As of 31 May 2023, 7 of 85 transitional renewable power plants met requirements to come online at temporary tariffs (50% of ceiling prices for transitional renewable power plants) including GEG’s Tan Phu Dong 1 wind farm (100 MW), BCG’s Phu My 1 & 3 solar farms (88 MW) and Trung Nam Group’s Trung Nam Thuan Nam solar farm (172 MW).
- In May 2023, Vietnam welcomed about 916,257 international tourists (+5.3x yoy and -6.9% mom. The number of Chinese tourists to Vietnam in May was 146,755, up 131% mom thanks to China’s border-reopening to group tours from 15 Mar 2023. In 5 months of 2023, Vietnam welcomed about 4.6 million international tourists (+12.6x yoy), equivalent to 64% of the pre-COVID 2019 level. Of which, Korea remains Viet Nam’s leading international travelers with 1.32 million visitors, followed by China with 398,890 and the United States with 307,000 travelers.
- For domestic visitors, in May 2023, the tourism sector served 12,500 domestic visitors (+4.2% yoy) and 5 months of 2023 reached 50.5 million (+3.9% yoy). (Source: Vietnam National Administration of Tourism)
PET (Petrovietnam General Services JSC Corporation)
- In Apr 23: revenue of $67.45 mn (+7% yoy) and PBT of $0.77 mn (-12% yoy).
- Distribution revenue ($59.44 mn) increased by 5.9% yoy, of which: mobile phone ($30.3 mn, +11.4% yoy), laptop ($12.7 mn, -30.1% yoy) and IT products ($11.53 mn, +101% yoy)
- Catering service revenue reached $3.45 mn (+4.9% yoy) and real estate, property management revenue reached $1.7 mn (-5.1% yoy)
- 4M2023, revenue of $248.13 mn (-7% yoy) and PBT of $2.98 mn (-47% yoy). (Source: PET)
TNG (TNG Investment and Trading JSC)
- In May 2023, revenue of $28.43 mn (+2% yoy).5M2023, revenue of $111.9 mn (+6.5% yoy), of which: export revenue accounted for 98%, mainly attributing to the US (47%), France (16%), Canada (11%) and Russia (7%). (Source: TNG)
VCB (Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam)
- The SBV (State Bank of Vietnam) approved VCB to pay 18.1% stock dividend (2019,2020). Charter capital will increase from $2.01 bn to $2.38 bn and VCB’s charter capital will climb to #2 in the banking system, following VPB. (Source: VPB)
CTG (Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade)
- CTG approved to offer a total of $383 mn of bonds via private placement, divided into two issuances:
- 1st phase: CTG plans to issue $85.1 mn bonds with 8-year term and $127.6 mn bonds with 10-year term.
- 2nd phase: CTG plans to issue $63.8 mn bonds with 8-year term and $106.4 mn bonds with 10-year term.
- The interest rates of the bonds will be floating and based on the reference interest rate plus a margin. (Source: CTG)
VJC (Vietjet Aviation Joint Stock Company)
- VJC approved the issuance of $85.11 mn corporate bonds via private placement. Term: 60 months. Type: non-convertible, no warrant, unsecured. Coupon rate: fixed 12% for 2 first coupon payments, others: 3.5% + reference rate (average 12M deposit rate of BID, VCB, CTG, HDB). Purpose: finance for working capital. (Source: VJC)
PC1 (PC1 Group Joint Stock Company)
- PC1 plans to establish PC1 Global Pte Ltd in Australia, which will be 100% owned by the parent company and have charter capital of $213,0000.
- The subsidiary will operate in three segments: (1) sales of steel poles for power transmission projects up to 500kV and for telecommunication projects, (2) engineering-procurement-construction (EPC) contracting for power transmission and power plant projects, and (3) electricity grid design consulting. (Source: PC1)
KSB (Binh Duong Mineral and Construction JSC)
- KSB plan to issue 38.1 million shares to existing shareholders with ratio of 2:1, offering price: 16,000 VND/share. Proceeds of $25.97 mn will be used to contribute $19.1 mn to KSB Investment Co., Ltd in Q4/2023 and Q1/2024. The remaining $6.87 mn will be used for capital expenditure. (Source: KSB)
VGC (Viglacera Corporation – JSC)
- VGC had an invitation to quote to provide valuation consulting services and advise on plans to transfer state capital in 2023. VGC will hold showcases related to this offering in the coming time.
- VGC currently has a charter capital of $191 mn, of which the Ministry of Construction holds a 38.58% stake (equivalent to 173 million shares). The company’s largest shareholder is Vietnam Electrical Equipment JSC (GEX) with a 50.21% stake. (Source: VGC)
NLG (Nam Long Investment Corporation)
- Dong Nai Department of Construction approved 275 units of Izumi City (Bien Hoa city, Dong Nai province) that are eligible to complete housing construction in the future.
LDG (LDG Investment JSC)
- Dong Nai inspectors decided to prosecute 500 illegally built houses (Viva Park Project) in Dong Nai province. Accordingly, LDG (investor) has not been granted the land allocation and the construction permit while carrying out the construction in 2018-2020.
HSG (Hoa Sen Group)
- HoSE announced that HSG margin will be cut from 30 May 2023 due to the negative 6-month profit.
- Dragon Capital successfully sold 1.75 million HSG shares on 25 May 2023, decreasing their ownership from 5.12% to 4.82% (28,850,000 shares). Accordingly, DC is no longer a major shareholder of HSG. (Source: HSX)
CII (Ho Chi Minh City Infrastructure Investment JSC)
- CII registered to sell all 31.8 million treasury shares (11.2% OS) from 12 Jun to 11 Jul 2023 via order matching and/or put through.
- Price: market price, asking price not below: reference price – (reference price * 50% band). (Source: CII)
NVL (No Va Land Investment Group Corporation)
- Plan 2023:
- Revenue of $405.57 mn (-14.52% yoy) and PAT of $9.11 mn (-90% yoy).
- Not pay dividend for 2022 and 2023.
- Cancel the issuance plan of 10% stock dividend and 25% stock bonus (482.6 million shares) that was approved during its 2022 AGM.
- Ms. Bui Cao Ngoc Quynh (chairman’s daughter) registered to buy 3.45 million NVL shares (0.17% OS) via order matching and put through from 2 Jun to 30 Jun 2023, increasing her ownership from 1.11% to 1.287% (25,088,349 shares). (Source: HSX)
MWG (Mobile World Investment Corporation)
- Arisaig Asian Fund Limited (Singapore) sold 1.34 mn MWG shares on 24 May 2023, decreasing their ownership from 6.54% to 6.45% (94,393,688 shares). (Source: HSX)
STB (Sai Gon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- Dragon Capital successfully sold 1.7 million STB shares on 25 May 2023, decreasing their ownership from 6.09% to 6% (113,111,000 shares). (Source: HSX)
VPB (Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- Dragon Capital successfully sold 2.3 million VPB shares on 24 May 2023, decreasing their ownership from 6.03% to 6% (402,703,759 shares). (Source: HSX)
KDH (Khang Dien House Trading and Investment JSC)
- Dragon Capital successfully sold 1.21 million KDH shares on 26 May 2023, decreasing their ownership from 11.04% to 10.87% (77,932,642 shares). (Source: HSX)
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital successfully sold 1.75 million DXG shares on 26 May 2023, decreasing their ownership from 10.01% to 9.72% (59,325,934 shares). (Source: HSX)