FIDES (VIETNAM) Market Statistics 27/2 – 3/3/2023
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
Macro 2 months 2023
- CPI: The Consumer Price Index (CPI) in Feb 2023 increased by 4.31% yoy and 0.45% mom. On average, in 2M2023, the CPI increased by 4.6% yoy and core inflation increased by 5.08% yoy.
- Export – Import: In Feb 2023, export of $25.88 bn (+10.52% yoy) and import of $23.58 bn (-7.09% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $2.3 bn. 2M2023, export of $49.44 bn (-9.31% yoy) and import of $46.62 bn (-15.39% yoy) resulted in a trade surplus of $2.82 bn.
- Retail sales: In Feb 2023, retail sales ($20.5 bn) increased by 13.2% yoy, driven by retail sales of goods (+10.5% yoy), accommodation, food & beverage (+27.3% yoy) and tourism services (+94.7% yoy). 2M2023, retail sales ($42.3 bn) increased by 13% yoy. (Source: GSO)
- FDI: 2 months 2023, total registered foreign direct investment (FDI) reached $3.1 bn (-38% yoy). In which: newly registered capital reached $1.76 bn (+179.24% yoy), additionally registered capital reached $535 mn (-85.11% yoy) and share contribution and acquisition reached $798 mn (+3.67% yoy). Singapore is the largest investor with a total investment of $978 mn (accounting for 31.6% total registered capital), followed by Taiwan (13%, $407 mn) and Netherlands (11.9%, $369 mn). FDI disbursement decreased by 4.85% yoy to $2.55 bn. (Source: Ministry of Planning & Investment)
- PMI (The Purchasing Managers’ Index): PMI rose back above the 50.0 no-change mark in February, thereby signalling a renewed strengthening in the health of the manufacturing sector following a three-month period of decline. At 51.2, the index was up from 47.4 in Feb, and pointed to a modest improvement in business conditions.
Alba Group Asia to build biggest plastic recycling plant in Vietnam
- ALBA Group Asia (Germany) and VietCycle collaborated to develop the largest food packaging quality PET/HDPE plastic recycling plant in Vietnam. The total investment is expected to be up to 50 million USD and the capacity is up to 48,000 tons/year. The plant can enter first-phase operation in 2024.
- The Ministry of Construction (MoC) wants to suspend the proposal of a credit package of $4.64 bn to prioritize the $5.1 bn package, which had previously reached mutual agreement between SBV and 4 SoCBs
- The $4.64 bn package is difficult to apply in 2023 due to the scarce supply of social housing, especially in HCMC & Ha Noi. Regarding to the impact of this credit package, many real estate experts said that it is only psychologically effective but hard to applied.
- Vietnamese airlines have rescheduled the resumption of flights to China to late Apr or even May 2023 as they wait for China to allow its citizens to travel to Vietnam, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV).
- Airlines had originally planned to resume regular flights to China from March 2023. China, however, has not yet allowed its travel agencies to organize outbound tours to certain countries, including Vietnam. (Source: CAAV)
- According to a recent meeting chaired by SBV, from 6 Mar, the banking system will reduce deposit rates, therefore helping reduce lending rates.
- In which, 4 state-owned banks namely VCB, BID, CTG, and Agribank will apply a 0.2%/year decrease in the interest rate for 6 to 12 months deposits.
- All joint stock commercial banks will have a 0.5%/year decrease in interest rates for 6 to 12 months deposit.
- The International Trade Practices Unit (UPCI) of the Mexican Ministry of Economy has made their final decision on the anti-dumping (AD) taxes imposed on galvanized steel sheet imports from Vietnam. The final range is reduced to 0- 10.84% (vs. a previous range of 0-12.34%).
- In Feb 2023, Vietnam seafood exports reached $662,77 mn (+4% yoy). 2 months of 2023, the seafood exports reached $1.12 bn (-26% yoy). In which, shrimp exports ($350.13 mn) decreased by 37% yoy, pangasius ($239.8 mn) decreased by 38%. By market: US ($164, -53% yoy), China ($158 mn, -7% yoy), EU ($123, -32% yoy). (Source: VASEP)
TNG (TNG Investment and Trading JSC)
- In Feb 2023, revenue of $16 mn (+13% yoy). 2M2023, revenue of $32.8 mn (-8% yoy). (Source: TNG)
DRC (Danang Rubber JSC)
- In Jan 2023, revenue of $12.7 mn (-23% yoy), of which exports revenues reach $10 mn, mainly attributed Brazil and US market.
- Market is expected to recover in Feb – Mar in both domestic and export market. Exports revenues in Feb and Mar can reach 11-12 million USD from the solid demand of Brazil and bias tires demand from Asian (Myanmar, Egypt and Middle East). (Source: DRC)
PET (Petrovietnam General Services JSC Corporation)
- In Jan 2023, revenues of $51.05 mn (-26% yoy), mainly attributing to the decline by 28.2% yoy in distribution activities to $44.6 mn due to the Tet holidays. While mobile phones witnessed a strong growth to $35.51 mn (+44.8% yoy), laptop underwent a plunge to $2.87 mn (-88.6% yoy). (Source: PET)
VIB (Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- 2023 target PBT of $513.04 mn (+15.3% yoy), total asset +25% yoy, credit growth +25% and deposit +26.2% yoy.
- Charter capital raising plan: issuance of 412.5 mn bonus shares to existing shareholder (20%) and 7.6 mn ESOP shares (0.36%). Post transactions, charter capital of VIB will increase from $886.3 mn to $1 bn. (Source: VIB)
PLX (Viet Nam National Petroleum Group)
- PLX has finalized the selling price for auction of 120 million PGB shares (40% OS) at 21,300 VND/share.
- PLX is expected to get minimum $108.7 mn from the divestment at PGB. (Source; PLX)
MSN (Masan Group Corporation)
- MSN approved the transfer of MML 257.25 mn shares, equivalent to 78.6% OS to its member company Masan Agri JSC (MSN holds 99.9% OS).
- MML (Masan MeatLife Corp.) also approved the capital raising plan for MeatDeliHN JSC (MML holds 100% OS) from $54.67 mn to $85.89 mn. MeatDeli is providing fresh meat products, distributing by their own outlets and other convenient stores, including WinCommerce (owned by Masan).
GEX (GELEX Group JSC)
- GEX signed an MOU with Frasers Property Vietnam on launching high-quality IPs in the Northern Vietnam with total capex of $250 mn. They will jointly develop 80 hectares of GEX’s industrial land bank, expected to provide more than 500,000 square meters of products such as ready-built factories, ready-built warehouses, custom-built factories and warehouses. (Source: GEX)
KDC (KIDO Group)
- KDC approved the establishment of a fish sauce production company (TA Foods & Spices JSC) with charter capital of $8.41 mn, of which KDC will own 98% OS.
- In addition, KDC also approved the postponing of paying 50% cash dividend. (Source: KDC)
PDR (Phat Dat Real Estate Development JSC)
- Ms. Tran Thi Huong (Vice Chairman) registered to sell 1,245,311 PDR shares from 2 Mar to 31 Mar 2023, decreasing her ownership from 0.4% to 0.21% (1,417,183 shares). (Source: HSX)
DHC (Dong Hai Joint Stock Company of Bentre)
- Mr Nguyen Thanh Nghia (BoD) registered to buy 1 million DHC shares from 7 Mar to 5 Apr 2023, increasing his ownership from 10.63% to 11.87% (9,555,819 shares). (Source: HSX)
DXG (Dat Xanh Group JSC)
- Dragon Capital sold 9.5 million DXG shares from 27 Feb to 28 Feb 2023, decreasing their ownership from 14.257% to 12.7% (77,472,434 shares). (Source: HSX).