FIDES (VIETNAM) Market Statistics 10/4 – 14/4/2023
|Change||Trading Volume||Trading Value||Foreign net buy/sell|
|(%)||Average daily trading volume (mil.shares)||Average daily trading value (mil.USD)||Net trading value (mil.USD)|
Sector Performance (HOSE + HNX, %)
Foreign Top buy/sell (HOSE + HNX, mil.USD)
- In Mar 2023, exports of $29.71 bn (-14.4% yoy) and imports of $28.32 bn (-13.3% yoy), resulted in a trade surplus of $1.39 bn. Q1/2023, exports of $79.3 bn (-11% yoy) and imports of $74.49 bn (-15% yoy), resulted in a trade surplus of $4.81 bn. (Source: Custom)
- The The Ministry of Finance (MoF) proposes to reduce VAT from 10% to 8%, effective from 1 Jul to 31 Dec 2023 with 2 options:
- Option 1: the current 10% VAT applied on goods and services would come down to 8%.
- Option 2: the VAT would also be reduced by 2 % from the current 10%, excluding goods and services already affected by previous VAT cut as part of government policy to boost post-pandemic economic recovery.
- Previously, the Government reduced VAT to 8% (from 10%) for most goods and services from Feb to Dec 2022.
- There were 39,428 retail accounts opened in Mar 2023 (-85.4% yoy and -38.13% mom). (Source: VSD)
- The MoF directed HNX to urgently operate the corporate bond trading exchange system by Jun 2023 and HNX committed to operate the new trading system on time.
Oil & Gas
- In Q1/2023, Petrovietnam (PVN) estimated: revenue of $8.24 bn (completing 29% target year) and PBT of $578.7 mn (completing 39% target year). PVN’s production volume reached 2.6 mn tons, and gas exploitation output reached 1.97 bn m3. Electricity production reached 5.65 bn kWh (+35.3% yoy) while production of gasoline and oil (excluding Nghi Son refinery products) increased by 7% yoy to 1.74 mn tons. (Source: PVN)
THP (Tan Hiep Phat Beverage Group)
- THP (unlisted): on 10 Apr 2023, chairman and his two daughters were arrested due to alleged offenses related to fraudulent appropriation of property and tax evasion. THP is one of the leading beverage companies in Vietnam with strong positions in the energy drink and bottled tea categories.
BSI (Bank for Investment & Development of Vietnam Securities Company)
- Q1/2023: Revenue of $12.22 mn (-13.6% yoy) and PAT of $4.17 mn (+17% yoy).
- BSI’s margin balance increased to $144.3 mn (1.8 times higher than equity, +26% ytd). (Source: BSI)
ACB (Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank)
- Q1/2023: PBT of $218.43 mn (+24% yoy, completing 26% target year), credit growth of -0.6% ytd, deposit growth of 2.1% ytd. Real estate accounts for 24% loan book, 82% of which are home mortgage lending, remaining are lending to corporate clients in other industries.
- NPL of 0.84% before CIC and 0.94% – 0.96% after CIC. (Source: ACB)
TNG (TNG Investment and Trading JSC)
- 2023 target:
- Revenue of $289.36 mn (+0.4% yoy) and PAT of $12.72 mn (+2% yoy)
- Plan to issue 32.3 million shares, of which: (1) Stock dividend 2022: 8.4 million shares, ratio 8% (Q2-Q3/2023), (2) 11.4 million shares to existing shareholders with a right exercise ratio of 10% (offering price: 10,000 VND/share) and (3) Private placement of 12.5 million shares, lock-up: 3 years (expected time: 2023, after the approval of the State Securities Commission_SSC)
- Q1/2023, revenue of $56.9 mn (+36% yoy, completing 17.8% target), of which exports accounted for $106 mn (+2% yoy). By market: US accounted for 47.83%, followed by France (17.68%) and Canada (10.98%). (Source: TNG)
GVR (Vietnam Rubber Group – Joint Stock Company)
- 2023 target: revenue of $161.36 mn (-85% yoy) and PAT of $59.36 mn (-71% yoy) due to significant drop in selling price of rubber latex and unfavourable situation in the short term. (Source: GVR)
CRE (Century Land JSC)
- 2023 target:
- Revenue of $129.79 mn (-12.6% yoy) and PBT of $7.15 mn (-32.3% yoy).
- Plan to suspend its 2021 dividend payment plan.
- Plan to pay no dividend in 2022. (Source: CRE)
DGC (Duc Giang Chemicals Group JSC)
- DGC approved the acquisition of Phosphor 6 JSC at $27.09 mn (100%), to be implemented in Q2/2023 in order to create a chain of deep processing products for H3PO4, Sodium Tripoly Phosphate – STPP (Na5P3O10) products… and stabilize the phosphorus export market. (Source: DGC)
NVL (No Va Land Investment Group Corporation)
- On 11 Apr 2023, Deputy Prime Minister assigned the Ministry of Construction to coordinate with the Ministry of Natural Resources & Environment to remove obstacles for NVL’s projects in Dong Nai and Binh Thuan, report back to Prime Minister on 15 Apr 2023.
- Ms. Cao Thi Ngoc Suong (Chairman’s wife) sold 3.6 million NVL shares via matching from 9 Mar to 7 Apr, decreasing her ownership from 2.79% to 2.6% (50,750,709 shares). (Source: HSX)
VJC (Vietjet Aviation Joint Stock Company)
- VJC is not qualified for margin trading because the net profit in 2022 is negative.
- Q1/2023, passenger transportation volume reached 5.4 million passengers. Revenue of $537.5 mn, 42% of which belongs to cargo and ancillary revenues. By Jun-2023, VJC will open 4 new routes, including Phu Quoc – Hongkong, Da Nang – Hongkong, Ho Chi Minh City – Brisbane and Can Tho – Van Don. (Source: VJC)
HVN (Vietnam Airlines JSC)
- The SSC declined HVN proposal to postpone publishing audited financial statement 2022 because the reason given in HVN proposal is not considered as force majeure. Hence, the SSC required HVN to make information disclosure as regulated.
- If there is no significant change in the upcoming 2022 audited financial statements, more than 2.2 billion shares of HVN will be unlisted from HoSE in accordance with current regulations.
BWE (Binh Duong Water Environment JSC)
- On 5 Apr 2023, BWE became a major shareholder of VLW (Viwaco, Upcom) after buying 7.12 mn VLW shares, increasing BWE’s ownership from 0% to 24.65%. (Source: BWE)
C4G (CIENCO4 Group JSC)
- VND (VNDirect Securities JSC) bought 5,645,000 C4G shares from 3 Apr to 4 Apr 2023, increasing its ownership from 4.7% to 7.21% (16,200,040 shares). (Source: C4G)
VNE (Vietnam Electricity Construction JSC)
- Malblue JSC (a major shareholder) registered to buy 3.5 million VNE shares from 17 Ap to 16 May 2023 via put-through/order matching, increasing their ownership from 12.28% to 16.15% (14,603,400 shares). (Source: HSX)
VCG (Vietnam Construction & Import-Export JSC)
- Pacific Holdings Investment JSC (the parent company) registered to sell 19.9 million VCG shares from 12 Apr to 11 May 2023 via put-though/order matching, decreasing its ownership from 56.19% to 52.1% (253,126,481 shares). (Source: HSX).
REE (Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corp.)
- Platinum Victory Pte Ltd (major shareholder) bought 2.48 million REE shares from 9 Mar to 4 Apr 2023, via put through, increasing their ownership from 33.64% to 34.34% (122,041,123 shares).
- Platinum Victory Pte Ltd registered to buy 2.33 million REE shares via put-though/order matching from 13 Apr to 12 May 2023, increasing their ownership to 34.99% (124,371,154 shares). (Source: HSX)
LPB (Lien Viet Post Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- Mr. Duong Cong Doan (Vice Chairman’s brother) registered to sell more than 3.8 million LPB shares from 12 Apr to 11 May 2023 via put-through/order matching, decreasing his ownership from 0.798% to 0.578% (10 million shares). (Source: HSX)
HDB (Ho Chi Minh City Development Joint Stock Commercial Bank)
- Mr. Tran Tu Thi (related to Vice Chairman) registered to sell 4,438,833 HDB shares from 13 Apr to 12 May 2023 via put-through/order matching, decreasing his ownership from 0.18% to 0.03% (77,343 shares). (Source: HSX)
KDH (Khang Dien House Trading and Investment JSC)
- VOF Investment Limited (VinaCapital) sold all 4,351,900 KDH shares (0.61% OS) via matching from 6 Apr to 10 Apr 2023 and no longer a shareholder of KDH. (Source: HSX)